PDA

View Full Version : Good souce of online/mail order perennials

rosarugosa
5-22-11, 9:08pm
I ordered my plants from White Flower Farms in CT for years. I got some great stuff from them, and I think they're a great nursery, but they are pretty pricey. A few years ago I discovered Bluestone Perennials in OH. They have a less extensive inventory, but their prices are much lower and their plants are good quality. They also have an amazing sale every May. I just ordered a few plants from them at 30 - 50% off their already reasonable prices. I figured I would pass the info along; it's a great source for good plants at reasonable prices, especially during their sale.

benhyr
5-22-11, 9:28pm
Just chiming in to say we've ordered from Bluestone twice and been very happy with both orders.

iris lily
5-22-11, 11:40pm
I used to order from Bluestone, back in the day when I grew something besides lilies 'n iris.

Speaking of, if you need iris, order from no one other than Mid-America Iris:

http://www.mid-americagarden.com/

The fans they send are really big. They are the premier iris breeders in the country and that is where the serious iris people go to buy iris.

For lilies, The Lily Nook in Canada has the best selection of retail stock. The Lily Garden in Washington has many great lilies. Both are very active in the national lily society and they contribute greatly to the development of lilies.

I think it's important to patronize the major growers who are instrumental in introducing new plants and who hybridize.