PDA

View Full Version : Quilting

Florence
5-23-11, 12:32pm
I finished a new quilt top a few days ago and today got the backing and batting ready to layer it all together. If I can figure out a way to post a picture, I'll get one up. I'm pretty well pleased with the way the top turned out.:)

Float On
5-23-11, 1:44pm
Looking forward to seeing it!

Mrs-M
5-23-11, 5:54pm
Sounds wonderful Florence. P.S. By chance are you the same Florence from the old forum? If so, I still laugh (at times) when I think about a funny entry you posted Re: salad spinners! You made me laugh so hard that day! :) And if you are, I'm so happy to see you back! Missed you.

Jinger
5-26-11, 9:23pm
The quilting bug has bitten me too. I am quilting like crazy now. Just finished a lovely toddler quilt in blue, green and white and am now onto an alphabet quilt with appliqued pictures for each letter. So much fun and peaceful to quilt by hand.

http://iliketomakethings.blogspot.com

sweetana3
5-27-11, 5:23am
Allow me to join the group. I am working on several donation quilts for a residential children's home. Found a great gorilla family fabric that is the focus and then found others to blend including banana fabric.

Also have 9 quilts to bind that just came back from the machine quilter.

Florence
5-27-11, 1:07pm
Sounds wonderful Florence. P.S. By chance are you the same Florence from the old forum? If so, I still laugh (at times) when I think about a funny entry you posted Re: salad spinners! You made me laugh so hard that day! :) And if you are, I'm so happy to see you back! Missed you.

Yes, I am the same Florence from the old boards. I recently retired and am thoroughly enjoying having time to quilt and of course set everyone straight on the virtues of the salad spinner and the proper way to hang toilet paper.

Mrs-M
5-27-11, 4:51pm
Yes, I am the same Florence from the old boards. I recently retired and am thoroughly enjoying having time to quilt and of course set everyone straight on the virtues of the salad spinner and the proper way to hang toilet paper.ROTFLMAO! :laff:

Nella
7-4-11, 3:37pm
I'm enjoying this Independence Day in my sewing room, working on a shop sample for the quilt store I work at. It's way, WAY overdue. So what am I doing going through the SL boards? Guess I better get back to the machine!