PDA

View Full Version : Zija

Sad Eyed Lady
5-28-11, 10:04am
Okay, I even hate to bring this up. But, here goes. Is Zija the "BIG THING" anywhere else as it is here? It has become almost a religion in my area it seems with people touting its cures and benefits - to the tune of quite a bit of cash. It is a pyramid scheme no doubt, and if there are true benefits in the product it gets lost in the hype. I was in my local health food store the other day and they had the moringa leaf powered in capsule form at a small fraction of the price you pay when hooked up with one of the salespersons. Would love to hear others thoughts and experiences with the product.!Splat!

freein05
5-28-11, 10:22am
Never heard of it.

Float On
5-28-11, 12:09pm
Never heard of it either.

Juds
5-28-11, 12:44pm
Please add me to the list of the uninformed. I am still trying to figure out what planking is.

loosechickens
5-28-11, 2:15pm
Welcome to the world of the latest and greatest multi-level marketing scam.......like waves, they arise, they peak, they pass, leaving a few people with bunches of money (and sometimes a bit of time in Federal prison if they are unlucky), and plenty with thinner wallets, but ready to latch on to the next "get rich" or "get healthy" scheme.........

bah.....humbug......stay away from it.....

loosechickens
5-28-11, 2:27pm
This is what it is.......the stuff grows like weeds in Asia......certainly a useful plant, but in the "Zija" case, here, pretty much just another of the various berries, fruits, plants, etc., that are unfamiliar to people, so can be touted as the latest miracle substance, a company formed to sell it as a multi-level marketing product, and we're off to the races once again.....

save your money......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moringa

kally
5-28-11, 2:34pm
Nothing up here either

rosarugosa
5-28-11, 3:19pm
Never heard of zija or planking.

Sad Eyed Lady
5-28-11, 6:52pm
This is what it is.......the stuff grows like weeds in Asia......certainly a useful plant, but in the "Zija" case, here, pretty much just another of the various berries, fruits, plants, etc., that are unfamiliar to people, so can be touted as the latest miracle substance, a company formed to sell it as a multi-level marketing product, and we're off to the races once again.....

save your money......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moringa

Oh believe me loosechickens, I intend to stay away from it and save my money. The people who sell it are fanatical about it and very relentless. But, I am not an easily swayed person, thank goodness. Just wondering if this was hitting other areas and apparently it is in pockets of places - ready to take over the world.

Float On
5-28-11, 8:29pm
Thanks for the heads up because I'm sure the neighbor down the hill will come knocking to tell us all about it's many benefits and how he is going to make a fortune on it. His poor wife, I think he has been thru 35 'latest and greatest' over the 10 years they've lived here. He's never made a dime and he's never lost weight or healed his aches and pains or grown thicker hair on his head, and certainly doesn't seem smarter or healthier.

puglogic
5-28-11, 9:34pm
Have not heard of zija. I've cooked wild salmon on a plank; does that count? :)

loosechickens
5-29-11, 12:57am
Planking is where you lie facedown with your arms at your sides in some unusual public location, and then have a photograph of yourself doing it.

Kind of like "playing dead".....stiff as a board. It's a fad with young people, who find novel places to do it, and then send the photos around on the internet........