PDA

View Full Version : tuna in the freezer

kally
1-4-11, 6:50pm
we finally went through our small chest freezer today. There was so much food in there, fruit, berries, soups, pizzas and a lovely whole salmon and a big tuna filet. These last 2 are expensive, so I was pleased to re-discover them.

That freezer had become a dumping ground for sure.
Tonight we will have green beans I froze last summer and some stewed rhubarb and apples.

My challenge - Go on, get in there and inventory it and tell us what special food you found that you had forgotten about.

Terri
1-4-11, 8:06pm
No chest freezer for me, since I just cook for one, and if I freeze too much what happens is it sits in there until it gets unappetizing and freezer-burnt. However, the other day I was looking in the pantry, sad to see that I was out of applesauce for my pancakes. Then I decided to go ahead and have them with syrup, and so I went to the freezer to pull out a bag of pancakes. I discovered a bag of raspberries in the freezer, which was very exciting.

Merski
1-5-11, 6:49am
I just inventoried and got a white erasable board to list and update inventory as the index cards weren't working. Found an extra bag of costco salmon burgers which we absolutely love and some chicken stock which I brought upstairs to make soup.