PDA

View Full Version : Check out this new sustainable community in Costa Rica

Packratona!
5-30-11, 4:42pm
http://www.osamountainvillagecindy.homestead.com (http://www.osamountainvillage.net/)/

This place is revolutionary and incredible, check it out! A groundbreaking concept! I want to move there!!! It is located in Costa Rica, near the Pacific Coast. The monthly fee of $150 per unit pays for the staff of local farmers to grow all the organic fruits, vegetables, fish and chickens etc. onsite, so you don't have any food costs. The members are starting intriguing businesses up in things like zipgliding/hiking through the surrounding rainforest, kayaking...you name it.

Oceanic
5-30-11, 6:06pm
Awesome! Definite daydream fodder. :)

Packratona!
5-30-11, 6:08pm
Yup.

razz
5-31-11, 7:53am
Looks quite interesting!

Packratona!
5-31-11, 11:13am
Yes, I have been chatting with folks there about it. incredible idea, and the wave of the future!

Mrs-M
6-9-11, 10:24pm
Oh my, the scape is breathtaking! Love the sounds of the barbecue parties on the entertainment front! That (by far) is one of my favourite summer things!

Packratona!
9-5-11, 9:43am
I have been looking more and more at the idea of renting an apartment in Nicaragua, one that has fruit trees in the back yard, for $300 a month. Fresh fruit and vegetables are so much cheaper and fresher, and most of all easier to get. Really even if you close down your house in the states and live there part year, you can end up ahead even considering airfare.

fidgiegirl
9-5-11, 11:59am
Funny, when we were in Costa Rica we met a guy who was crazy about this place. He told us about it like 5 times. I hope you can figure out your dream. I have never been to Nicaragua but have to confess that I have a negative idea of it because of the deep poverty. Now I admit, some of this could be because I was in Costa Rica which has a longtime rivalry with Nicaragua so I can't remember hearing a positive word about Nicaragua the whole time I was there. It'd be interesting to see the place firsthand. Would you make an exploratory journey first, or jump in?