PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this weird symptom.

enota
5-30-11, 9:14pm
Lately when I am in a *very dark* environment, I see blue light in my peripheral vision. The other night, I was driving on a dark road and I thought, for a minute that there was a blue neon sign shining in the car. There wasn't it was pitch black and the blue that I saw, which was BRIGHT was this weird thing that is happening.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed about two weeks ago MARVELING at the bright blue light that was all around my peripheral vision. When I turned my head, the light moved.

I know that sometimes people will have ocular migraines, and I googled it, but that doesn't really describe this situation. Although sometimes the blue is brighter than other times.

Any ideas?

enota

porcelain
5-30-11, 9:23pm
How old are you? It could possibly be a sign of posterior vitreous detachment, which is a normal process that happens to most people over 50. I would definitely see an eye doctor about it though, you don't want to take risks with your vision!

danna
5-30-11, 11:08pm
See your eye doctor he/she will know..You should not ignore, hopefully it is nothing.

Juds
5-31-11, 1:03am
I recently had two PVDs. They are creepy. Go see your ophthalmologist.

Catwoman
5-31-11, 6:33am
Agree go to the eye doc. I was riding in the car with my friend when she began to have symptoms of a retina detachment. This doesn't sound like hers but I wouldn't fool around with it.