PDA

View Full Version : ah technology

mattj
5-31-11, 4:01pm
So, after wrecking my back one year I got an electric tiller. Check.
This year, after getting WAY too much poison ivy (again!). I'm turning into Mr. Roundup and giving my good money to Monsanto. Check.

Gardenarian
5-31-11, 4:53pm
Man I hate poison ivy. If I were you, I would hire a goat.

Float On
5-31-11, 7:33pm
I've been looking at two trees in my back yard (from a distance) and wondering how to get rid of the poison ivy. So if I rent a cherry picker and put the goat in that do I start it at the top of the tree or the bottom?

iris lily
5-31-11, 8:58pm
So, after wrecking my back one year I got an electric tiller. Check.
This year, after getting WAY too much poison ivy (again!). I'm turning into Mr. Roundup and giving my good money to Monsanto. Check.

ah Matt my boy! Roundup is da Bomb! We in St. Louis thank you for filling the coffers of our local company, Monsanto.

Seriously, I spent the weekend Roundup-ing because I am so frickin' far behind in weeding/mulching that I can't get ahead. Usually I stay away from the flower beds with Roundup when plants are up and actively growing, but not this time.

I also actualy PAID sojeone for 4 hours of work on my home garden. While he got about 1/3 of the way done, he inspried me and I got out there after him and cleaned up a lot.

razz
6-1-11, 7:41am
Going through a bout of poison ivy dermatitis right now so you have my sympathy. I am so uncomfortable that I will wait to use Roundup for a couple of days. Prednizone should be having a beneficial effect by then.