PDA

View Full Version : Midnight in Paris

San Onofre Guy
6-1-11, 5:38pm
This is Woody Allen's new movie starring Owen Wilson. I dislike the characters that Owen Wilson typically plays, but I loved him in this film. The film is in limited release at the momnet, we saw it at the Lammle in Pasadena. One of the best films we have seen in a long time. This goes on the list of DVD's to purchase when it is released on DVD!

beckyliz
6-3-11, 4:23pm
I'm interested in seeing this! thanks for the thumbs up.

Florence
6-22-11, 1:34pm
We saw it this weekend and really liked it. The movie delves into the way people look at past eras as a better time than the present which I found interesting. 4 1/2 stars IMHO

Polliwog
6-22-11, 10:04pm
I recently saw this film. Totally loved it too. Owen is the new Woody - so kinda goofy, naive, funny, and interesting. Just a delight. If course, Paris at night is gorgeous!

Rogar
6-25-11, 10:01pm
Went to see it today based on your good recommendations. It was delightful. Thanks. A little too hollywood but still a really fun movie. I was having a bad hair day and it pretty much made me forget about things and walked out of the theater with a smile. I'd go with the 4 1/2 starts, too.

loosechickens
6-26-11, 12:50am
we went to see Midnight in Paris this week and thoroughly enjoyed it......Owen Wilson was quite perfect in his role......and we really loved both the atmosphere of Paris of long ago, and the portrayals of the writers and artists....Kathy Bates as Gertrude Stein was great.....altogether a fun movie. Plus it was neat to see all the places we'd been...."oh, we sat on those steps", that's where we walked by the Moulin Rouge", etc.

Face it....Paris in the rain, Paris in the sunshine, Paris in the daytime, Paris at night........the movie was worth seeing just for the lucious portrayal of Paris in all its beauty, and in various times........

Tiam
6-26-11, 1:18am
Oh. Maybe I should see this? I thought it was just a romantic comedy/chick flick. If it's better than that, I might go see it. Tomorrow.

mtnlaurel
6-27-11, 4:58pm
I enjoyed it too! I loved how screwy the fiancee's family was - perfect casting.

It made me thrilled that I got to go to Paris on a fluke once -- I purchased one of those open tickets about 20 yrs ago --- you pre-purchase the ticket and go wherever the participating airlines are going -- called the hotline and they were leaving for Paris (I was trying to get to Spain) that afternoon. I bought a French translation book and travel guide in the Paris airport and had the most amazing few days of my life. Just loved it.