PDA

View Full Version : June Gratitude

fidgiegirl
6-1-11, 8:32pm
So glad I am done with one committee at work. It was a stressful last meeting for me and I am thankful for the opportunity to have been on it, but also glad to be done with it.

Happy June, all! With sunshine and warm breezes, let's hope there is lots to be thankful for this month.

treehugger
6-2-11, 12:00pm
We actually haven't had any sunshine in June yet (no much in May; very atypical for this area) and *everyone* is complaining! Secretly, I am still enjoying the rain though (we are a drought-prone state and I don't do well in the heat). :)

puglogic
6-2-11, 1:30pm
Thankful today to have good fresh food growing in the garden. Harvesting our first salads amid the scary stories of produce infected with a new E.Coli strain, killing people in Europe.......so grateful to have a space to grow my own!

benhyr
6-2-11, 4:19pm
Thankful today to have good fresh food growing in the garden. Harvesting our first salads amid the scary stories of produce infected with a new E.Coli strain, killing people in Europe.......so grateful to have a space to grow my own!

+1. Harvesting radishes, spinach and lettuce so far. Tomatoes have their first little green tomatoes on them and the peas are just starting to flower. So excited!

frugal-one
6-2-11, 4:23pm
Have been in the ER twice this past week. Happy to be alive!

Mrs.B
6-2-11, 9:39pm
Grateful for my family. The rain has been constant this spring but they are calling for 70's and 80's this weekend. That I am grateful for, in the mean time I will sit beneath my sun light, and be grateful that my house still stands, the biggest wind we got was a strong breeze. Thinking of those in the midwest who lost everything.
I have much to be thankful for
Mrs.B

redfox
6-3-11, 1:28am
Have been in the ER twice this past week. Happy to be alive!

Yikes! Take care...

Urchina
6-3-11, 1:42am
Back to work (part-time, temporary). Grateful for the chance to work again, as I missed it. Grateful for the paycheck, small though it is, because it's helping us pay off debt that we want gone. And grateful I've got great childcare for my kids while I'm working -- it makes it so much easier to not have to worry about that.

treehugger
6-3-11, 4:16pm
I am extremely grateful for my dogs not running away yesterday when my husband left the front door open for several hours. Whew! Joe spent all afternoon at his uncle's and when I got home from work (unusually early) the door was locked, but ajar. My heart stopped for a second, but then I could see my brindle boy Enzo peeking at me through the crack. And crazy girl Mandy was running around with her stuffed polar bear like she always does when I get home.

Wow, what a shock that gave me. It's especially worrisome with greyhounds because they are known for bolting out of open doors and being miles away before anyone knows they are missing. And the chance of a runaway getting hit by a car is pretty high.
Grateful doesn't even begin to cover it, really.

But, all's well that ends well! And no, nothing was stolen, either, and the cats were both safe (but I am never worried about them getting out since they are both scaredy cats).

Kara

puglogic
6-3-11, 4:24pm
Grateful for a cool, sunny day for transplanting tomatoes......for a lunch date with a girlfriend.......for getting a full night's sleep (so rare in my perimenopausal chaos!) Life can be so very, very good, even when it's bumpy.

fidgiegirl
6-3-11, 7:31pm
Welcome, Mrs. B and Urchina. I see you are relatively new to the boards! Glad you visited this thread and hope you will come back.

Kara, whew! Glad all was ok.

fidgiegirl
6-5-11, 10:36pm
So, so grateful for this beautiful weekend and friends and family to share it with. We had a fun concert and cookout today; I'm a little burned and tired. The weather was glorious - we paid for it after all these months of terrible weather! So beautiful.

puglogic
6-10-11, 10:45pm
Grateful to have had time for a nap today -- so exhausted lately, and it felt so good to just set my alarm clock and say "To heck with all of you people! I'm taking a NAP!" :)

Mrs.B
6-13-11, 6:37pm
Grateful that we are back living in the PNW and I got to see my granddaughter graduate from high school. How exciting was that? Such a proud moment, but I had to laugh because my daughter reminded me what all I did to get her out of high school, and how she had to do something similar. Grateful for the local farmers market, and that my hubby is catching on to my simple ways, I'm no longer the resident tree hugger. We watched "Food Inc." on Netflix the other day, he was shocked and amazed. Now he's on board a little more. It was a great weekend.

Kat
6-13-11, 7:00pm
Grateful that today's ultrasound was a success. They got a picture of her little face in 3D, and it looks like she is laughing. It is seriously cute! But the best part is that she seems to be healthy.

fidgiegirl
6-13-11, 7:24pm
Grateful to be healthy and pain free.

Grateful to be of sound mind, as always.

Grateful for all the growth I have experienced during this calendar year. It's pretty amazing all I've learned and the places I want to go.

Grateful to be a learner.

puglogic
6-15-11, 10:32pm
Grateful for my healthy little garden, which is currently giving us bok choy, kale, collards, sorrel, and lettuce at an alarming clip. It makes both me and my doctor happy ("You need to eat more greens!")

cdttmm
6-16-11, 7:27am
Grateful for last night's thuderstorm, which watered my plants for me, including the giant clump of flag iris that I had just transplanted!

fidgiegirl
6-16-11, 7:01pm
All, I just read a lovely book by John Kralik called 365 Thank Yous. It was a quick, enlightening little read and has encouraged me to write more handwritten thank you notes in my life. He was in a terrible place and decided to write 365 Thank You notes in a year. It helped him focus on all the gifts he really did have in his life. If you are a karma person I think you would particularly enjoy it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tHQlU65eL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

treehugger
6-16-11, 7:11pm
Thank you for reminding me I need to put a thank you note in the mail tomorrow. My husband's uncles invited us to stay for 2 nights in their house on the Russian River (Sonoma County, CA) this past Sunday and Monday. It was so beautiful and peaceful and I want to follow up with a note.

Thank you notes are pretty much the only snail mail I send these days.

Kara

puglogic
6-16-11, 9:52pm
Thank you fidgiegirl - that sounds like a great read, and a great thing to do as well.

nswef
6-18-11, 5:41pm
I'm grateful that my sisters live within an hour or so drive. I just had lunch with the one today and we will both go see the other on Tuesday. Closer than that would be nice, but probably won't ever happen so I am happy they are not across the country.

JaneV2.0
6-19-11, 3:36pm
I am thankful for lovely peaceful rain, good books to read, and a fast Internet connection.

iris lily
6-19-11, 3:50pm
I am happy, and I suppose grateful, to have won a bunch of prizes for lilies at our society's lily show this weekend. I won Best in show with a 7" tall Oriental Trumpet lily called "Ice Cave" and several other prizes. These come with $100 in cash and another $75 in gift certificates. That's generous, most plant societies just give ribbons.

But the ironical usual happened, as it always does to those of us who show flowers: the apotheosis of perfection is an OT lily that just came into bloom this morning, one day too late to go to the show. It is sublime. If only my lily growing friends could see it they would be pea green with envy! ha ha.

iris lily
6-19-11, 3:53pm
Actually, this is what I am REALLY grateful for (forgidabout the lily show): I am enjoying a good read. I am so happy to have found a great book that inhabits my head.

I've been living on dvd's for a long while now, really miss having a good book. The book is Steve Martin's An Object of Beauty and it's a light, ironic novel about the art world. That guy is multi-talented.

puglogic
6-20-11, 9:35pm
I'm grateful for some rain today, and grateful that it didn't turn into snow. Also grateful that I have several luscious, unplanned evenings to do whatever I want this week.

puglogic
6-21-11, 3:42pm
Today at the farmer's market, one of the farmers asked what I was making for dinner, and then handed me a big bunch of fat spring onions. "Split these in half and throw them on the grill - they're amazingly sweet." When I tried to pay him for them, he smiled and waved me off: "You're one of our nicest customers and I know you'll love it." Grateful for nice people in this world.

Mrs.B
6-21-11, 6:02pm
Grateful for the first day of summer and warm sunny weather...at last!! Grateful for my new doggie under my feet! She is so sweet. Grateful for health children and a hubby who loves me; (for me) grateful for grace. It's a good day!

fidgiegirl
6-23-11, 10:40am
Extremely grateful for good health. I keep coming back to that over and over again. My Grammy is very sick and may die, but in a way, it would be a blessing, as she is now to the point where caring for herself and her health is basically the whole focus of her existence. She has been in a nursing home for about three years. Of course, it's still very sad for us. My SIL battles endometriosis and has to have a major surgery next month to hopefully be done with it. There are so many more examples. I am just very happy that DH and I are both in very good health and that we have the foresight to enjoy it while we are indeed healthy - traveling, having adventures around the Cities, walking and being generally active and learning and growing. I have a very blessed life.

puglogic
6-24-11, 11:43am
Grateful to fidgiegirl for the recommendation to 365 Thank Yous. What a fantastic book that is....one of those life-changers.
It fits in with the whole "law of attraction" philosophy so well: Gratitude is the great multiplier. You attract the things for which you're most grateful, and it's a cycle that never ends.

fidgiegirl
6-24-11, 8:51pm
Grateful to fidgiegirl for the recommendation to 365 Thank Yous. What a fantastic book that is....one of those life-changers.
It fits in with the whole "law of attraction" philosophy so well: Gratitude is the great multiplier. You attract the things for which you're most grateful, and it's a cycle that never ends.

So glad you liked it! Thanks for the feedback! I enjoyed it so much as well.

fidgiegirl
6-24-11, 9:40pm
Grateful to have the means to attend my Grammy's funeral. It's a sad one but I'm still thankful to be able to go and be able to say goodbye to her.

puglogic
6-25-11, 12:36pm
Grateful that my body still works the way it should, even though I'm crossing the half-century mark. It walks, it runs, it hauls dirt and plants and compost, it's a happy, healthy, functional little body.

puglogic
6-30-11, 9:03pm
Thankful for a little blissful, blissful rain today, in our dry state.