PDA

View Full Version : I dried a spider

SRP
6-6-11, 1:57pm
The poor little guy. I dried some herbs in my dehydrator this weekend, and when they were done, I discovered the spider all curled up and dead. Man, what a way to go.

Mrs-M
6-6-11, 2:15pm
Ahhh... thanks to you this world has one less spider now! :)

peggy
6-6-11, 5:54pm
Hey, can you do something about these cicadas? :help:

SoSimple
6-6-11, 10:13pm
I heard that sun dried cicadas were pretty good. With peach salsa, y'know. :laff:

iris lily
6-6-11, 11:42pm
once I microwaved a mouse. not on purpose, of course.

I like spiders, better than mice, actually.

CathyA
6-7-11, 6:36am
Peggy......I have a friend in southern Illinois who says the cicadas are deafening. I guess its one of those 13 year things.

peggy
6-7-11, 8:32am
It is. They are so creepy, they remind me of flying roaches. There is an ice cream store here that is serving cicada ice cream....yum...:0!

Alan
6-7-11, 8:48am
When my daughter was abut 9 she accidentally tumbled a cat to death in the clothes dryer. My wife found it post mortem and summoned me to dispose of it.

Not wanting to traumatize her, we never told her about the incident. She's 32 now and still doesn't know what she did.

poetry_writer
6-7-11, 2:07pm
I also attempted to dry a cat. I heard the THUD THUD THUD and opened the door. I have never seen a cat shoot out of of anything that fast. He was unharmed...:o)

peggy
6-7-11, 3:17pm
oh no, how horrible! That would have traumatized your poor daughter Alan! I've heard of people doing that cause cats like to sleep in clothes baskets.
Once, I came home from class in the evening and opened the fridge to get a drink and out jumped my cat. Who knows how long he had been in there but seemed no worse for the wear.
My sister fried my pet iguana while I was away for the weekend by leaving his aquarium in the direct sun. He was toast, literally!