PDA

View Full Version : Is the Weiner cooked?

dmc
6-6-11, 5:35pm
So we find out he is now a liar. And he is such a sweet guy. Is this the end for him, he says he is not going to quit. Will this just be forgotten?

peggy
6-6-11, 6:02pm
Why oh why do these guys think they can get away with it? :doh: Don't they understand technology? What happens out there stays out there...forever!
Just as with Clinton and Vitter and all these other guys*, I don't think he should be investigated, or fired or anything. It's isn't criminal if you can't manage to keep it in your pants (with other adults obviously) But he SHOULD be totally and thoroughly humiliated, embarrassed, and remorseful. And he should be publicly whipped for being so stupid! Maybe he should be beat in the next election just for that!

*John Edwards and Newt Gringrich are special cases in that they both heartlessly cheated on sick wives. Shame on them and they deserve everything we can throw at them.

Catwoman
6-6-11, 6:23pm
I think Weiner's apology may have been a little short...bwhahaa

Alan
6-6-11, 7:04pm
No, I don't think the Weiner is cooked, yet. Being a Democrat, his constituency and his party both have a very high tolerance for this sort of thing and he did, eventually, bare all, even shedding a few tears.

All he has to do now is double down on demagoguing the opposition. A week or two of standing before the cameras and telling the world that Republicans want to kill grandma, deny care to special needs children and force women to deliver unwanted babies and he'll be good to go for the next election.

mtnlaurel
6-6-11, 7:19pm
DMC- so how much did you love coming up with Thread Title? :~)
Reality is going to put comedians & sit-coms out of business. I mean really -- you couldn't invent better character names for this episode if you tried!!!

What a bummer for that guy - he seemed like such a Guy on the Move.
Totally and utterly stupid.

And his poor wife, I googled her out of curiousity --- she's gorgeous. Why in the world would you need to goof off with co-eds if she was your mate?
I just so don't get it.

mtnlaurel
6-6-11, 7:21pm
I know I'll never think of the word "certitude" in the same way :)

freein05
6-6-11, 7:28pm
I have never cared for Weiner and that comes from a liberal Democrat. I will say he looks better from the neck down.

peggy
6-6-11, 9:46pm
I think Weiner's apology may have been a little short...bwhahaa

Yea, he does seem to have a... growing problem. ;)

Bronxboy
6-6-11, 11:24pm
It was widely speculated that Rep. Weiner would lose his seat in redistricting even before this incident. Link is from February 2011, others go back as far as early 2010.

http://redracinghorses.com/showComment.do;jsessionid=24F26FE106C3170430F42A19 9C0E357E?commentId=2434

loosechickens
6-7-11, 1:27am
He may be toast....although consorting with prostitutes and bringing the weiner out and using it with them didn't stop Republican Vitter, so who knows? Certainly dumb, dumb, dumb......AND adolescent. One wonders how many of these guys, Republican AND Democratic have moved on from adolescence in their sexual lives. Sometimes I think, not many.

Seems a lot of hoorah when he didn't even manage to DO anything with his little member, but he certainly comes off looking like a jerk and has a LOT to explain to his very accomplished wife.

It never fails to amaze me that otherwise intelligent and accomplished men can be so absolutely STUPID when allowing their little brain to think for them instead of the great big one up in the top of their bodies......sigh........

edited to add: I see that Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has called for an ethics investigation of Rep. Weiner, which certainly contrasts to the standing ovation that Republican David Vitter got from HIS party after his consorting with prostitutes. I'm appreciative of THAT difference.

From the Associated Press:

"House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi called for an ethics investigation following Anthony Weiner's admission Monday that he tweeted a photo of his bulging underpants to a woman and engaged in "inappropriate" exchanges with six women before and after getting married.

"I am deeply disappointed and saddened about this situation; for Anthony's wife, Huma, his family, his staff and his constituents," Pelosi said after Weiner's press conference.

"I am calling for an Ethics Committee investigation to determine whether any official resources were used or any other violation of House rules occurred."

DCCC chairman Steve Israel also released a statement in support of the investigation: “Congressman Anthony Weiner engaged in a deep personal failure and inappropriate behavior that embarrassed himself, his family, and the House. Ultimately, Anthony and his constituents will make a judgment about his future."

"To remove all remaining doubt about this situation, I agree with Leader Pelosi’s request that the House Ethics Committee use its authority to begin an investigation.”

razz
6-7-11, 5:59am
Got to say that this was the strangest subject for a thread for someone not from the US:laff:

Gregg
6-7-11, 10:05am
He may be toast....although consorting with prostitutes and bringing the weiner out and using it with them didn't stop Republican Vitter, so who knows? Certainly dumb, dumb, dumb......AND adolescent. One wonders how many of these guys, Republican AND Democratic have moved on from adolescence in their sexual lives. Sometimes I think, not many.

It does seem to be a never ending parade of fools. An ethics investigation is a total waste of taxpayer dollars. We have enough worthwhile programs to spend money on and not enough money to go around. To call for such a frivolous expenditure in the current economic climate is, in itself, a violation of ethics by Ms. Pelosi, but that is another thread. Weiner admitted he did it. He's either A) stupid or B) out of control. Does it really matter which? Do any of us really want either type running the country? Do it like they did in the old days, let the leadership take him out behind the woodshed and "explain" the situation to him then let him resign quickly and be done with it. I'm starting to like President Obama more every day simply because (for all we know) he can keep his pants zipped up. I mean really, how low can we set this bar?

Alan
6-7-11, 10:15am
An ethics investigation is very important in that it allows everyone involved to be forbidden from discussing the incident. Even though Maxine Waters' ethics investigation has been going on since 2008 the mere fact that there is an investigation makes it appear as if somone is doing something while the nation forgets.

LDAHL
6-7-11, 1:09pm
A republican congressman (Christopher Lee, I think) got caught in a similar situation earlier this year. He was resigned and gone within a week.

Conclusion: Republican morals may be bad, but Democrat morals are the "wurst".

Alan
6-7-11, 1:33pm
A republican congressman (Christopher Lee, I think) got caught in a similar situation earlier this year. He was resigned and gone within a week.

Conclusion: Republican morals may be bad, but Democrat morals are the "wurst".

He was taken to the woodshed and then resigned the same day, within hours of the initial report of his actions.

And for all the moral relativists here, in the Vitter case mentioned elsewhere in this thread, his indiscretions occured several years before becoming a Senator but didn't come to light until afterwards.

Zigzagman
6-7-11, 1:41pm
Democratic candidates must prove that they can keep their zipper closed.

Republican candidates must prove that they can keep the other guy’s zipper closed.

Peace

Gregg
6-7-11, 1:46pm
Ah, you guys crack me up.

peggy
6-7-11, 3:38pm
Best headline of the day.
BOHNER IS MUM ON THE WEINER SCANDAL

Ok, I'm done. Just couldn't resist.

puglogic
6-7-11, 4:23pm
Okay, peggy, that's just hilarious.

Florence
6-7-11, 5:48pm
It is the utter stupidity that I just can't get over. He sends pictures via Twitter and expects that no one will notice???

puglogic
6-7-11, 6:05pm
I think "utter stupidity" should be one of the legitimate grounds for censure. "You: Because you took bribes and skimmed taxpayer dollars......and You, well, because you're utterly stupid and stupid people shouldn't be in positions of power."

Of course, that would keep them pretty busy on the Hill, purging all the idiots (on both sides).

fidgiegirl
6-7-11, 6:06pm
Ok I haven't even read the thread, I just have to thank the person who started it for so. many. giggles. from the thread title!

Mangano's Gold
6-7-11, 6:52pm
It never fails to amaze me that otherwise intelligent and accomplished men can be so absolutely STUPID when allowing their little brain to think for them instead of the great big one up in the top of their bodies......sigh........”
I hear this a lot but don't find it surprising at all. Men doing things, including crazy stupid things, in search of mates is as old as time itself. There isn't anything mysterious going on here. It is deeply inside of us.

Mangano's Gold
6-7-11, 6:57pm
I know I'll never think of the word "certitude" in the same way :)
Yeah, I thought it would be hard (pun) to beat Larry Craig's explanation of having a "wide stance" but I think Weiner may have done it. Repeatedly using the word "certitiude" was just beautiful.

Aspen
6-9-11, 9:40pm
I'm really just pissed off about the lying. Randy Democrats and closeted Republicans getting caught and trying to lie their way out of it...makes me ill. This certainly isn't just a one party issue. You screwed up! Stand up and take your medicine, admit you error and deal with the consequences. Or, better yet, don't be such idiots. I hate that some of our leaders are such bad examples.

loosechickens
6-10-11, 12:55am
Alan, you posted this: "And for all the moral relativists here, in the Vitter case mentioned elsewhere in this thread, his indiscretions occured several years before becoming a Senator but didn't come to light until afterwards."

I'm sure you didn't intend to mislead, as though Republican Senator Vitter had somehow been in private life at some period in the past, when he patronized prostitutes, and it only happened to "come out" after his election to the Senate.

But that is simply not true. Actually, Vitter was busy patronizing Washington prostitutes when he was a member of Congress, and all the "distressing publicity" of that (as well as previous troubles in 2002) was well in the public arena when he came to the Senate, and didn't stop prominent Republicans from supporting him and contributing to his campaign in 2010.

From the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/david-vitter-anthony-weiner-_n_873393.html

"Vitter admitted to using the Washington, D.C.-based prostitution service in July 2007. Even so, 27 prominent Republicans gave a total of $161,700 to Vitter's 2010 reelection effort.

One of those Republicans was John Cornyn, the head of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Cornyn called on Weiner to resign Wednesday. In 2009, he gave Vitter $10,000 and as chair of the NRSC directed another $42,800 to his campaign, according to Federal Election Commission records.

House Speaker John Boehner has yet to weigh in on Weiner, but if he does, he may have to answer questions about the $5,000 he gave to Vitter in 2010. Boehner was one of only three House Republicans to donate to Vitter's campaign

In July 2007 Vitter admitted, first in a letter and then at a press conference, to have used Palfrey's prostitution service when he served in the House of Representatives from 1999 to 2004. Vitter was also revealed to have scheduled prostitution appointments during House roll call votes. Vitter had previously denied having an affair and paying for prostitutes, citing family problems for his withdrawal from a bid for the Louisiana governorship in 2002.

After the Palfrey revelations, a New Orleans-based prostitute, Wendy Yow, came forward and revealed that Vitter had regularly used her services after he was elected to the House in a special election to replace Rep. Bob Livingston, who retired to become a lobbyist after revealing his own affair."

also this, from a later point in the piece:

"Other lawmakers who may be thinking twice before calling for Weiner's resignation include Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), John Barrasso (R-Wyo), John McCain (R-Ariz.), John Thune (R-S.D.), Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), Mike Enzi (R-Wyo), Mike Johanns (R-Neb.), Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), Pat Roberts (R-Kan.), Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), Dave Camp (R-Mich.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas). Each contributed to Vitter's reelection campaign."

Ahh....hypocrisy is SUCH an entertaining spectacle.

Alan
6-10-11, 8:00am
Thanks for setting me straight.

Out of curiosity, which is the bigger transgression in something like this, the act or the coverup? I can't seem to get a good read on it because the answer seems to vary depending upon who's involved.

benhyr
6-10-11, 8:16am
Out of curiosity, which is the bigger transgression in something like this, the act or the coverup? I can't seem to get a good read on it because the answer seems to vary depending upon who's involved.

I don't really keep up, but the only time I bother to care is if they're using tax dollars to do it (affairs or coverups) or if interferes with their jobs. Examples would include missing votes, involving aides to keep things quiet, etc.

note, my criteria is obviously not limited to 'scandal' cases.

peggy
6-10-11, 8:58am
Thanks for setting me straight.

I don't think it depends on who is involved but rather the nature of the act. This isn't just your standard affair, like Clinton and some others. This is really kind of creepy in my opinion. Why oh why do men think young women want to look at their private parts? As Jerry Seinfeld said, 'There is good naked, and there is bad naked'
Not to say anything against men, or powerful men, but I'm pretty sure there are many many others in congress who have had, or are having affairs even as we speak. That's their business, and they are managing to be discreet about it. With Weiner, I think the biggest crime is his shear stupidity. I don't think he is scummy like Edwards and Gingrich, but he is certainly dumb dumb dumb! Since he hasn't committed a crime, I guess it's up to his constituents whether he stays or goes, but I certainly wouldn't want someone so stupid representing me!
Alan, not everything is to be politicised. Don't forget, Vitter got a STANDING OVATION from his republican colleagues, so if anyone can be accused of politicising this, it's that side of the isle.

Alan
6-10-11, 9:15am
Alan, not everything is to be politicised. Don't forget, Vitter got a STANDING OVATION from his republican colleagues, so if anyone can be accused of politicising this, it's that side of the isle.

Of course it is politicized, just look at all the effort to redirect the discussion to the "other" side.

dmc
6-10-11, 9:45am
Come on Alan, you know he's just a victim. It must be someone else's fault. He was probably ridiculed as a child and became obsessed with the weiner. But I just think he is a dick.

peggy
6-10-11, 11:16am
Of course it is politicized, just look at all the effort to redirect the discussion to the "other" side.

Yes it is being politicized, by you and those on the right! This guy has been on the news 24/7. Doesn't look like redirecting to me, but you seem to want to see something that isn't there. No one here has said he's a victim but again, you seem to want to stir something up so go ahead. There are plenty on the left who want this guy gone, and he certainly isn't going to get a STANDING OVATION from us!

Perhaps you're all just disappointed that the left isn't trying to make excuses for him. Kind of takes the air out of all the blustering.

Alan
6-10-11, 12:29pm
I was talking about here, not the media. If mentioning that means I "want to stir something up", well I guess you're in good company in thinking so.

LDAHL
6-10-11, 1:24pm
I was gratified to hear that he apologized to Bill Clinton, who officiated at his wedding.

Spartana
6-10-11, 2:03pm
At least "Weiner-Gate" is taking the heat off Arrrrnold for now. ...er... excuse me - the Sperminator :-)!

loosechickens
6-10-11, 2:50pm
I don't know that anyone here, liberal as they may be, who is "defending" Weiner. How can you defend absolute adolescent stupidity, not to mention creepiness and just plain, flat out lying about it? To me, the obfuscation and lies from Weiner are even worse than the acts. He's made a complete fool of himself, and it's painful to even think of how this has affected his wife. It's up to his constituents as to whether they want him to resign, or whether they would re-elect them, but I would certainly not want to vote for him, myself.

The point is that some who are howling the loudest about what an "outrage" it is, and how "terrible" it is, are the VERY SAME people who were defending, supporting, giving standing ovations to and contributing to campaign coffers of people like Republican Senator David Vitter and others.

It's hypocrisy that is being highlighted, that's all.

Personally, I think the whole bunch of them are idiots, willing to risk lives of accomplishment and achievement for the tawdry and passing little pleasures of sexual excitement, etc. Adolescent to the core, all of them, and idiots to take such risks for such a paltry reward.

Although women HAVE been known to be involved in such things, they don't seem to have nearly the inability to withstand their baser instincts, and seem to be more reliable in working on the public's business rather than spending untold hours looking for sexual gratification from strangers, prostitutes and affairs when married.

What we MIGHT take from this is that we need far more women in positions of power. They seem far better able to handle it without their egos and sexual preferences leading them astray.

I guess I'd prefer leaders to have sexual peccadillos as opposed to having their hands in the public trough of financial corruption, making of laws to benefit a few at that expense of the many, etc., in exchange for campaign money, etc., but whether they are Republican or Democratic, don't be hypocrites. Hypocrisy, to me, is the ultimate in character faults. JMHO

The Storyteller
6-10-11, 4:48pm
Although women HAVE been known to be involved in such things,

They generally are, in fact. Takes two, after all.

Tenngal
6-10-11, 8:03pm
I have an idea why this happens.......it is a fantasy world for these guys......they don't take it seriously until it is too late. He probably never imagined it would hurt anyone because he, himself did not dwell on it. Sex is entertainment for most guys, nothing else. Easy to play around for a few minutes and then get back to real life. I, for one, do not take it as an indication he is not dedicated to his job, or that he does not take his position seriously. I am sorry for his wife's sake.

Alan
6-10-11, 11:01pm
Today, it appears that one of the women is a 17 year old high school junior. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/10/exclusive-weiners-messages-to-teenage-girl-in-delaware-draw-police-attention/

It's ironic that Congressman Weiner was a co-sponsor of the "Keeping the internet devoid of sexual predators act of 2007 (http://mikeyounglaw.com/internet-lawyer/anthony-weiner-keeping-internet-devoid-sexual-predators-act/)", and I especially enjoyed this quote from him: “Sadly, the Internet is the predator’s venue of choice today. We need to update our strategies and our laws to stop these offenders who are a mere click away from our children.”

loosechickens
6-10-11, 11:52pm
Originally Posted by loosechickens
Although women HAVE been known to be involved in such things,

They generally are, in fact. Takes two, after all. (Storyteller)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

hahahaha.....I should have been more specific. I was talking about women in power. Obviously, women ARE generally involved in the liasons with these men in powerful positions, except in cases like Republican Senator Larry Craig, or Republican Mark Foley, etc., in which case the "other woman" actually was an "other man"......but in most cases, they are not, themselves powerful officials.

I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general, women in high positions seem to have less difficulty with these sorts of things, are more able to withstand their "urges" (or perhaps are smarter when they indulge in them), etc. ;-)

before Fox News gets too hot and bothered, and you get too excited, Alan, here's what the AP says about the 17 year old who contacted Rep Weiner after hearing him speak.

"“According to Congressman Weiner, his communications with this person were neither explicit nor indecent," a spokeswoman for the New York Democrat said.

The AP said that New Castle County police confirmed officers had interviewed a local teenage about online contacts with Weiner, under fire for having sexually charged exchanges with at least six women through social networks.

"They were made aware of an alleged contact between Congressman Anthony Weiner and an area teen," said Officer Tracey Duffy, a New Castle County police spokeswoman, according to the AP. "The teen has been interviewed and disclosed no information regarding any criminal activity."

So.....given his other offenses, the jury is still out, but at this point, other than Fox News and the rightwing blogosphere, there is no indication as yet that any inappropriate behavior was found in this case. If that changes, of course, feel free to bring it up again. And, hey, if there was inappropriate content involved, I'll be the first to light the torch and pick up my pitchfork and join in the mob hunting him down....... ;-)

Alan
6-11-11, 8:21am
before Fox News gets too hot and bothered, and you get too excited, Alan, here's what the AP says about the 17 year old who contacted Rep Weiner after hearing him speak.

"“According to Congressman Weiner, his communications with this person were neither explicit nor indecent," a spokeswoman for the New York Democrat said.

The AP said that New Castle County police confirmed officers had interviewed a local teenage about online contacts with Weiner, under fire for having sexually charged exchanges with at least six women through social networks.

"They were made aware of an alleged contact between Congressman Anthony Weiner and an area teen," said Officer Tracey Duffy, a New Castle County police spokeswoman, according to the AP. "The teen has been interviewed and disclosed no information regarding any criminal activity."

So.....given his other offenses, the jury is still out, but at this point, other than Fox News and the rightwing blogosphere, there is no indication as yet that any inappropriate behavior was found in this case. If that changes, of course, feel free to bring it up again. And, hey, if there was inappropriate content involved, I'll be the first to light the torch and pick up my pitchfork and join in the mob hunting him down....... ;-)

If you had read the link I provided, you'd see identical wording as your AP source. Except you left out the part where it is reported that:

"Sources close the student said the girl followed Weiner on Twitter after seeing him speak during a school trip to Washington on April 1. Weiner, after signing on to follow the girl's Twitter feed, direct-messaged the girl on April 13, the sources said, though it is not clear what other communication the two may have had between or after those dates. Weiner no longer follows the girl on Twitter."

Strangely enough, the details of this story interest me less than the effect it has on others, who go out of their way to minimize and re-direct. I think it's fascinating!

iris lily
6-11-11, 9:13am
I have an idea why this happens.......it is a fantasy world for these guys......they don't take it seriously until it is too late. He probably never imagined it would hurt anyone because he, himself did not dwell on it. Sex is entertainment for most guys, nothing else. Easy to play around for a few minutes and then get back to real life. I, for one, do not take it as an indication he is not dedicated to his job, or that he does not take his position seriously. I am sorry for his wife's sake.

This makes sense to me. And I truly wish that America could move the idiotic media off this dime, get them to STOP OBSESSING with this stuff, I am so beyond bored with it. They media lies when they say they are obligated to report it (not for 5 days straight) or this is what their public wants (not for 5 days straight.) Enough already.

grendel
6-11-11, 2:32pm
Best headline of the day.
BOHNER IS MUM ON THE WEINER SCANDAL

Ok, I'm done. Just couldn't resist.

I saw this scroll on CNN: "Pressure mounts on Weiner."

Do they do this on purpose? I wonder if it's unconscious, that the puns are in their minds, so it just pops out. Ha! I just did it myself without thinking.

loosechickens
6-11-11, 2:32pm
Amen, Iris Lily, amen......men have behaved badly for our whole lifetimes......political party, religion or the lack thereof, or a host of other things makes no difference....too many of them think with the "little head", instead of the big one.

Look, if Rep. Weiner was involved in any sort of inappropriate conversation with a minor, they can throw him to the wolves, and it'll be fine with me, Alan. There certainly isn't anything wrong with him tweeting with a teenager if it's along the line of interest in government or public service, as a role model.....quite a different thing entirely if he was chatting her up suggestively in any way. But until we KNOW if he did so, making remarks about "sexual predators of children" is a bit over the top, methinks.

I'm sick, sick, sick of it myself, with the whole bunch of them. I've never wanted to be a person who voted for women reflexively, because they were women, but I AM starting to think that I might come down on the side of voting for the woman where all other things are relatively equal, simply because I might feel that there would be a better chance of her having her mind on her job instead of the next sexual conquest, etc.

loosechickens
6-11-11, 2:39pm
Looks like the Weiner is toasted.....the head of the DNC AND Nancy Pelosi have called for him to resign this morning.........

The Storyteller
6-13-11, 10:08am
This makes sense to me. And I truly wish that America could move the idiotic media off this dime, get them to STOP OBSESSING with this stuff, I am so beyond bored with it. They media lies when they say they are obligated to report it (not for 5 days straight) or this is what their public wants (not for 5 days straight.) Enough already.

I agree. Seems anything with sex makes it to the top of the news now days, whether it is stuff like this or murder or whatever. It is the sex that makes it news, not the event or controversy itself. Sex sells and the media are using it wherever they can.

I really think it is silly that either this story or the Arnold story had as much leg as they did. They are both one or two day stories at best. People have sex, men and women, in all walks of life. It isn't news, really.

I find it heartening that one anchor registered disgust that he even had to report on them at all. But, I have a feeling he won't last long. He's a serious journalist, not a tabloid wannabe like the rest.

I do wonder what it says about us, though. Are we this shallow?

Zigzagman
6-13-11, 10:30am
I do wonder what it says about us, though. Are we this shallow?

I really do think we are. I think that with all of the available information at everyone's fingertips these days (which I think is just amazing and almost incomprehensible) that our minds have become accustomed to quick decisions and very little thought. The key to almost anything these days in business, in relationships, in marketing, in everything is to capture the audiences attention for a few seconds and then capitalize by a tweet, a text, a headline, anything quick. It is only later after some time of complete information that the "reality" of the situation has any merit.

Maybe it is because I have become a "older person" and have a problem embracing the need for this "trivia" but I think the phrase TMI is very evident in our western society days and it has not served us well!! I still go by my old way of thinking - believe little of what I hear, and only half of what I see.

When it comes to politics a good 15 second smear can totally change the outcome of someone's career. Both in the reaction as well as the facts of any situation.

Peace

pinkytoe
6-13-11, 12:49pm
Yes, the nightly weiner report is way beyond boring. Who cares anymore what famous men do with their weiners?
On the subject of misbehavin' women, there was a good Leonard Pitts essay this past week about that topic which I can't find now. He basically said that the trouble with men is men. It is very rare indeed to find women of power involved in sexual escapades. I don't know if they are just better at being discreet or they just don't give in to impulses like men do.

Alan
6-13-11, 1:08pm
I don't know if they are just better at being discreet or they just don't give in to impulses like men do.

Men and women have different motivations and society dictates that men subvert their natural tendancies for the good of the whole. They sometimes fail.

The Storyteller
6-13-11, 1:21pm
It is very rare indeed to find women of power involved in sexual escapades. I don't know if they are just better at being discreet or they just don't give in to impulses like men do.

Or lack the opportunity.

Zigzagman
6-16-11, 4:15pm
No more Weiner Jokes. Rep. Weiner "petered out" today. :laff:

Peace

iris lily
6-16-11, 4:24pm

Peace

oh stop! STOP IT! ha ha ha ha

Really, I thought that this was much ado about nothing but his tweet about his "package" was pretty funny in a disturbing way.

LDAHL
6-16-11, 4:25pm

Peace

I suppose it was inevitable. To paraphrase the President, "Erections have consequences".

dmc
6-17-11, 8:08am
I guess Nancy P. can end the Weiner probe.

Gregg
6-17-11, 9:22am
From his resignation speech, "This is hard...Yes, I'm pulling out....We faced stiff challenges....Of course I respect you". Ok, ok, I made the last one up.

loosechickens
6-17-11, 3:13pm
You can almost understand how the guy GOT the way he is, from a lifetime of having his name used over and over with sexual innuendos. although, they ARE funny.......... ;-)

Yossarian
7-25-13, 5:57pm
OK, this board has been a snoozefest recently. Now that Weiner's weiner is back in the news anyone have any good jokes? Want to admit you peaked at the photos?

Alan
7-25-13, 7:19pm
Originally posted by Yossarian

....anyone have any good jokes?

Oh, Okay...

Anthony Weiner just announced that he's running for mayor and we already have definitive proof that he's rising in the poles.

Did you hear about Weiner? It appears he's sticking his head in the mayoral race...but maybe just the tip.

Anthony Weiner's mayoral campaign slogan is "Picture This."

Tough to know what Weiner was really thinking during his press conference because he was standing behind a podium.

Bill O'Reilly defended CBS's lack of Weiner coverage saying it isn't hard news.

It was revealed that Anthony Weiner sent nude pictures of himself to several woman using a 'Carlos Danger” Yahoo email address. His wife was shocked. She said, 'You still use Yahoo?

At the press conference today, Anthony Weiner’s wife said she will stand by her husband. Especially when he goes on the computer.

A new woman has come forward to say that during phone sex, Anthony Weiner would orgasm in 30 seconds. Man, no wonder this guy's so good at apologizing.

After withdrawing from public life Anthony Weiner is ready to stick it back in. Folks, that takes balls. Sadly, we know he has them.

You know what's funny? President Clinton had sex and lied about it, and he kept his job. Anthony Weiner didn't have sex and lied about it, and lost his. I guess the lesson here is, if you're gonna lie, have sex.

Anthony Weiner asked Bill Clinton for advice, and actually followed it for awhile. Of course eventually he was forced to tell the truth.

Weiner is now desperately trying to make things better with his wife. You can tell he's sorry. Like today he sent her a picture of his penis with a little sad face on it.

One of the women says she has over 200 explicit sex messages from the married congressman. She says they're very short messages. Like cocktail wieners.

puglogic
7-25-13, 7:32pm
{{standing on chair applauding Alan}}

Bravo!! :D

CathyA
7-25-13, 8:24pm
LOL!!

bae
7-25-13, 8:31pm
The guy clearly has a sex addiction. Mocking him seems...unkind.

Yossarian
7-25-13, 9:03pm
Seems the better research shows there is no such thing, but if there was and you deal with it in private, ok. But mislead people about your odd behavior while asking for their vote for public office...

Florence
7-25-13, 9:08pm
Dear Huma,
I am so sorry my dear to see what you are going through with that wretched husband of yours. I really cringed for you when I saw you on television yesterday proclaiming your love and belief in your husband. Huma, he continued the behavior after he resigned and you know that. So now you think he has stopped or will stop? Do you think that there is something you can do (such as humiliate yourself on television to an unbelieving public) that will make it all go away? Chances are that his behavior will not change for the better and may very well escalate. Do you really want to spend your life wondering when the next shoe will fall? You deserve so much better than that.

Alan
7-25-13, 9:16pm
The guy clearly has a sex addiction. Mocking him seems...unkind.
Perhaps, although he is asking the public to accept him and approve his quest for the highest profile mayoral job in the country while refusing to practice discretion in his peccadilloes. Seems to me to be the perfect object of satire, if not outright derision.

redfox
7-26-13, 12:50am
Perhaps, although he is asking the public to accept him and approve his quest for the highest profile mayoral job in the country while refusing to practice discretion in his peccadilloes. Seems to me to be the perfect object of satire, if not outright derision.

Yeah, it's hard to resist. His misogyny is nauseating.

redfox
7-26-13, 11:43am
Two perspectives from New York writers.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/07/cover-story-john-cuneo-weiner-carlos-danger.html (http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/07/cover-story-john-cuneo-weiner-carlos-danger.html)

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/07/diagnosing-anthony-weiner.html

Gregg
7-26-13, 1:21pm
I really have nothing against the press taking whatever pot shots they want at folks who are voluntarily high profile, its just part of the game. Don't marry a Kardashian if you don't want to see yourself in the grocery checkout line or on SNL and don't run for mayor of NYC if you can't take being picked apart in the press.

OTOH, Mr. Weiner obviously has issues. Sex addiction, per se, may or may not be a real affliction, but he obviously has some sort of problem that leads him to repeat this behavior again and again even though he knows it is destructive. A few friends of mine that struggled with drug addictions demonstrated very similar behavior. In some cases their behavior was even more repugnant than Anthony Weiner's has been. In any case they were, and Weiner apparently is, stuck in a cycle of risky behavior without the ability to think rationally about what they're doing. He may be an idiot, but then he's an idiot because he has lost control of himself. That is sad. Really sad. He wouldn't get my vote and it doesn't mean I won't laugh at the jokes or even throw a few out myself, but I feel like he deserves compassion.