PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me!

Gizmo
6-6-11, 6:34pm
Aahhh... just have to rant about my current temp job. No one tells anyone anything. Its driving me crazy. Some examples:

1. My manager here. Found out she is going on a two week trip to Germany... the day she was leaving (literally, I asked why she brought a suitcase with her to work)...

2. Forwarded an invoice today to the usual party. They came over and said they are no longer allowed to see any invoices and was begging me not to tell anyone I'd sent it to her so she didn't get in trouble (WTF?????????) Asked her who should be approving them for payment... SHE didn't even know, no one had told her that part! NO ONE has come and and talked to me or the other person in AP.

The group of us talked about it, and all we can think is that they thought we knew because someone came on Friday and asked questions of someone else in Finance (not in AP) about how to change budget coding - but didn't ask/say anything specific.

3. While I was sitting here, HR brought in a new employee and said, hey, AP is doing a demonstration on expense reports! We were all like, whut? Presentation? Surprise!

This company is driving me crazy! They are begging me to apply to be full time, but NO WAY !!!!!

Gaaaa!

jp1
6-6-11, 9:26pm
Your story reminds me of when I was a temp years ago and worked at a lot of different places for short periods of time. I couldn't believe how dreadful so many of them were. I'd go home and give thanks that I was only a temp. The worst had to be the paper company (long before the tv show The Office) where the boss was an angry, disabled old man who'd sit in his office and shout for people when he wanted to talk to them, expecting them to run in on cue. And if the person shouted for wasn't there someone else would run in, apologize, and explain where the shouted-for person was. One day in that office was hilarious. A full-time job there would've been horrendous.

I'd say that you are right to not want to stay full-time. As a temp it's easy to let bs like this roll off your back. If you want a full-time job keep looking.

Gizmo
6-7-11, 5:03pm
Your story reminds me of when I was a temp years ago and worked at a lot of different places for short periods of time. I couldn't believe how dreadful so many of them were. I'd go home and give thanks that I was only a temp. The worst had to be the paper company (long before the tv show The Office) where the boss was an angry, disabled old man who'd sit in his office and shout for people when he wanted to talk to them, expecting them to run in on cue. And if the person shouted for wasn't there someone else would run in, apologize, and explain where the shouted-for person was. One day in that office was hilarious. A full-time job there would've been horrendous.

I'd say that you are right to not want to stay full-time. As a temp it's easy to let bs like this roll off your back. If you want a full-time job keep looking.

Yeah, I'm going to keep temping for a while - I've got a good gig going here (I managed to snag a SALARIED temp job, meaning between jobs the company keeps paying me a salary and its incentive for them to actually get me work!).

But yeah, I don't understand why some of the other employees stay in this awful environment. The first week I was working here the Senior Accountant left for lunch saying "I might be back" and I would *not* have been surprised if she really didn't come back.