PDA

View Full Version : Two churches located across the street from each other.

creaker
6-9-11, 2:21pm
http://tithenai.tumblr.com/post/3215186237/two-churches-located-across-the-street-from-each-other

Sorry - I just had to post this. :)

Spartana
6-9-11, 2:35pm
Loved it!!!!!! My dogs are MUCH more likely to go to heaven then me :devil::devil::devil:

Greg44
6-9-11, 3:59pm
...I have to agree with the Catholics on this one!

Amator
6-9-11, 4:05pm
Obviously from one of those sites you can make any text appear on a church sign, but very funny nonetheless!

puglogic
6-9-11, 4:53pm
Still laughed out loud. Funny stuff.

goldensmom
6-9-11, 6:28pm
Very cute. Soul or no soul, I side with the dogs and the rocks.

fidgiegirl
6-9-11, 6:36pm
Haha, sent it to my pastor FiL.

The Storyteller
6-10-11, 10:51am
Sending this to my Catholic daughter and son.

Somehow I think both churches were playing with us, though.

puglogic
6-10-11, 2:05pm
Certainly possible, but still quite funny to imagine it....I liked "free with conversion" the best, I think.

Anne Lee
6-11-11, 6:32am
I smell photoshop. But still pretty funny.

Florence
6-11-11, 2:58pm
:devil:Dogs DON'T go to Heaven but cats most certainly do!!:devil:

beckyliz
6-14-11, 4:40pm
bwahahaha! I grew up understanding that because an animal doesn't have a soul, he/she can't be in heaven. A few years ago a wise person explained to me that heaven is like earth, only perfect. How can it be perfect without our wonderful furbabies? I gotta go with the Catholics on this one.

puglogic
6-14-11, 5:06pm
:devil:Dogs DON'T go to Heaven but cats most certainly do!!:devil:

My sweet kids are most assuredly going to heaven. Pug is sure they have cheese there.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5147/5833531343_6695364be9_m.jpg

rodeosweetheart
6-14-11, 8:09pm
Thank you, I need this and sent it on to my father, who is terminally ill and needs a good laugh and has been berating my conversion to Catholicism twenty-five years ago.

ButterflyBreath
7-30-11, 2:59pm
Although I HOPE all dogs go to heaven and want to believe it, it makes me think. Maybe only humans go because they are more aware (I suppose you could argue that I am only assuming dogs aren't aware). Humans know right from wrong and with that knowledge brings the ability to have more control of where we go at death. Our memories are better also, and that creates all kinds of other emotions like guilt and remorse. I don't think dogs struggle with this. Even if they do, they probably don't remember anything after a few minutes.

I think dogs just go on animal instinct and have less decisions in general than humans do, so they do less spiritual development here on earth. I am an animal lover and at times feel that I am connecting with animals/dogs/cats/etc. on a deeper more soulful level, but the logical part of me feels that they are more asleep than we are and don't have that control over death. Please prove me wrong : )

Signed,
A Lifelong Vegetarian who has thought about this issue and would like others' perspective : )