PDA

View Full Version : Finished my Master's Degree!

Reyes
6-9-11, 4:31pm
I am officially done with my M.S. degree! I'm am thrilled to be done, and even more thrilled that I made it through the two year program without paying a dime:-) I worked as an undergraduate instructor for the two years which payed my tuition, a stipend, and amazing health insurance. In addition, I took applying for grants and scholarships as a full-time job and raised about 40k over the two years. Between my tuition being paid, and the monthly striped, great health insurance for my family, and the 40k in scholarships, I had a great gig going:-)

I am very satisfied with my area of focus (Conflict & Dispute Resolution). I have been working part-time as a court-connected family mediator and am applying for a full-time position that recently opened. In addition, I will be teaching a graduate/undergraduate course at the University next academic year.

After six years of school (four for undergrad and then two for grad) I am so glad to be done:-) Just the thought that I will not have to write another academic paper puts a smile on my face:-)

kally
6-9-11, 4:52pm
Congratulations. Aren't you clever.

fidgiegirl
6-9-11, 6:38pm
Reyes, AWESOME! It is such a good feeling to be done. I did an M.Ed. and it took me one year full time and two years part time and it was really a haul. Well done!!!!!!!

redfox
6-9-11, 9:07pm
Woo-hoo! Congrats.

razz
6-9-11, 9:19pm
That is amazing so congratulations for the success in more ways than one.

jennipurrr
6-9-11, 10:57pm
Congrats!!! I did my Masters slowly so that I could take advantage of my employers tuition assistance, and boy does it feel good to have it without the burden of debt or costs. That you did it so quickly is an amazing accomplishment! It sounds like a field you really enjoy too :)

iris lily
6-10-11, 12:28am
That is excellent! I had a glass of wine tonight to celebrate that!

chrisgermany
6-10-11, 3:36am
Congratulations!
This could also encourage others to follow their calling. Maybe you could tell your story in the blog "getrichslowly".

Selah
6-10-11, 7:49am
Congratulations, Reyes! I'm so glad you've not only finished it, but also that you're happy with your choice in subjects. AND you are likely to actually find a J-O-B in your field, too! Now that is the icing on the cake! Well done!

leslieann
6-10-11, 8:12am
Woohoo! What excellent news....the degree, the "no cost" aspect of the degree, the work lined up and the work to come. Plus what you are doing is critically important! congratulations!

crunchycon
6-10-11, 8:45am
Congratulations! You must be thrilled! On to the next chapter in your life....

Kat
6-10-11, 8:56am
Cngratulations! What an achievement! I hope you take the opportunity to celebrate all your hard work--you deserve it! :-)

Charity
6-10-11, 9:40am
That's awesome! (aplauding loudly)

Stella
6-10-11, 7:10pm
Congratulations!

lhamo
6-10-11, 7:40pm
Congratulations, Reyes! I still remember back when you decided to start the program. I think we all encouraged you, didn't we :) And now you are done and have a great new career, with no debt incurred. Marvelous.

lhamo

Tammy
6-10-11, 10:47pm
I love the feeling of no more writing and research! Both after nursing school and after my MBA I felt so free, and didn't read anything even for fun for several months. I was just DONE with books.

Reyes
6-11-11, 12:51am
Thanks so much for all the kudos! And yes Ihamo, I did receive encouragement on these boards:-)

Anne Lee
6-11-11, 6:27am
Excellent. It's quite an accomplishment.

babr
6-11-11, 10:22am
so happy for you; and such a smart way to get through school, financial wise! and a great career; mediation is so important! i would have enjoyed that career; i was a social worker for many years before i got sick; hope you get some break time; to just breathe!

citrine
6-11-11, 11:06am
That is fantastic....and no debt to boot!!!

grendel
6-11-11, 1:47pm
That's a huge accomplishment. Congratulations!