PDA

View Full Version : Help is on the way

ApatheticNoMore
6-15-11, 1:48pm
Is anyone else a huge fan of this song (Help is on the Way) by Rise Against? I'm not a huge fan of the band in general, but the song is just such a brilliant expression of the times we live in. Our problems (like global warming, like the safety of our nuclear reactors, heck even to some degree like the safety of our food supply, etc. etc.) are NOT being dealt with by the powers that be. Apparently, WE ARE DISPOSABLE to them! It was originally written in response to Katrina and the BP oil spill.

Can nobody save us?
Will anyone try?
The bayou is burning,
The cypress has died.
And all along they're saying.
Help is on the way

Choking on the black gold,
Upon which we rely,
We keep axes in the attics,
To see cameras in the sky

Help is on the way.
SCREAMS: But it never came!!! But it never came!!! (this scream is just brilliant)

puglogic
6-15-11, 5:57pm
I like that song a lot.

When things look really grim, I put on Live's song "White, Discussion" just to hear him scream the chorus:

Look where all this talking got us, baby.

p.s. I can pretty much tell that, if someone watches the video for "Help is..." and isn't moved, they are a soulless husk.

treehugger
6-15-11, 6:12pm
I don't like to listen to that song, I just don't enjoy the way it sounds. And now it's in my head, thanks. :P But, I do like the questions it asks and it's general message. Just as long as I can change the radio when it comes on, we're good.

Kara