PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable experience! Sorta long.

frugal-one
6-16-11, 4:27pm
I called the doctor's office and was sent to the Emergency Room twice in May (right before Memorial Day) because of irratic heartbeat and dizziness. They are thinking heart attack? The second time they put on a holter monitor to be worn 24 hours and told to get an echocardiogram. I sent back the heart monitor and had to badger to get the echocardiogram. It is now mid-June and still having symptoms. The doc's office says they have no record of my ER visits, monitor test results or echo test results. They state the hospital is not sending them the results. I am still having these episodes! I called and told the nurse I am documenting everything and if I should have a stroke, heart attack, or die my husband is to sue them! They are letting me slip through the cracks! They tell me the symptoms are serious and should go to the ER but will not followup on the test results. So yesterday while at the hospital (my DH was having surgery) I called the medical records department and told them I was being told they are not forwarding results and to please check for me. I was told the holter monitor results were sent to the doc May 31 and the results of the echocardiogram was NEVER requested by the doc. WTF! :0! Needless to say, I immediately called the nurse and informed her, who I talked to, phone numbers, and how to request the results. I told her I expected to be called after 3pm with the results. When I got home there were 3 messages on the machine. Turns out the echo was normal and the monitor showed the irregularities recorded at the ER. The nurse said they will have a cardiologist appointment made to further test. My threat was heard because the appointment was scheduled today. What is this? We have to threaten and double check to get the care we need? I am totally flummoxed!!!!!

Tenngal
6-16-11, 4:30pm
lack of support staff in both sites......they are all cut to the bone wthout worrying about what happens to each patient.