PDA

View Full Version : So what happened in Vancouver?

CathyA
6-16-11, 6:44pm
They had some pretty violent rioting after they lost the Stanley Cup game. But the news says that these weren't even sports fans, but rather criminals who came equipped with gasoline, weapons, etc. They destroyed shops, set cars on fire, attacked people/police. What's going on in this world?

leslieann
6-16-11, 7:09pm
According to someone interviewed on CBC's As It Happens, some attendees were laden with molotov ****tails well before the game was over...there was a truck explosion that looked like Hollywood (not just a car fire) and it was all followed on FB etc. He suggested that there was a plan for a riot regardless of the outcome of the game...that is was publicized in the moment via FB and twitter, and was by no means a reflection of Canuck fandom.

At least that's what I heard him saying this evening....pretty ugly and pretty unfortunate that some people have to make a violent display for some purpose. That's the part that I'm saying.

CathyA
6-16-11, 7:57pm
Its frightening to think that there's people out there (and so many of them) that have nothing else to do except misplace their aggression. Are these just people with huge chips on their shoulders and have to damage something to feel better? I just don't get it.

Mrs-M
6-16-11, 10:19pm
What happened is, a few, or a handful, or a select gathering of really, really, really immature people congregated last night with intentions on celebrating in their own way. I'll bet all who took part in the uprising and unlawful spree don't own a thing (property of any kind), otherwise they wouldn't have taken part in such anarchy. Honest-to-goodness people who work hard for a living and dedicate themselves to achieving don't do such things.

One thing I'd like you to do CathyA, is watch closely as to how our namby-pamby Canadian justice system addresses these people. If I'm correct, you'll find that even more shocking than the footage of all the destruction and mayhem.