PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Cohen

Sad Eyed Lady
6-18-11, 4:08pm
I started to post this under Reviews, but it is not actually a review, just a comment on Leonard Cohen. I noticed some of you on here are, like me, a fan, and I just wanted to make the comment of how I think sometimes about the way he has aged with such grace and dignity. You don't see a lot of that in his chosen field - everyone wants to act like they haven't aged up until they hit 80 it seems - but Leonard has done it in style. I applaud him.

leslieann
6-18-11, 6:43pm
I agree, at least with the little I know. I didn't get to see him on tour two years ago (he was actually IN our town) but in listening to the Live in London recording it seems he did a great job of getting additional talent to fill in necessary spots in his stage performance. But it was also pretty impressive that he did that highly energetic performance on a pretty long tour...at his age (whatever that might be). When you compare his performances when younger to that tour CD you can hear the differences but you can also hear how he's made it work by pulling in other voices, great musicians, etc. Don't know if it is him his producer, or what, but it works.

loosechickens
6-20-11, 2:14pm
I love his music, and think he's still a very sexy man, old or not......(of course, I'M old now, too, so maybe that's part of why he still looks good to me)........