PDA

View Full Version : Question for Women: Wedge Issue

Yppej
6-19-11, 7:45pm
I have tried several brands, and I have this problem:

When I wear pants, they help hold my underpants to my body, but when I wear a skirt or dress (which I generally only do in the summer) underpants tend to ride up into a wedgie, even when brand new with good elastic.

Is there a brand you can recommend that will not do this?

I wear bikini style if that makes a difference and am open to a smaller style but not a larger one where the top may show over low-cut skirt or pants tops.

Tradd
6-19-11, 8:10pm
Hanes. You can get them at Target or Walmart. Tagless, too, which I love. The package actually says something like "no ride up" or "no wedgie." :)

CathyA
6-19-11, 10:31pm
Are yours cotton or nylon? I'm thinking cotton might wedge more.

Mrs-M
6-19-11, 11:18pm
Are yours cotton or nylon? I'm thinking cotton might wedge more.Bingo! That was my first thought too. Have you tried Antron nylon underpants Yppej? It's all I've ever worn and I do think they provide for a more slippery under. Something to think about.....

loosechickens
6-19-11, 11:35pm
I wear bikini ones, and just get the inexpensive, all cotton ones, Fruit of the Loom ones at WalMart. Are you sure you are getting them large enough? Because I got the wrong size once by mistake, and that happened. It was as though there wasn't enough "panty" in the butt area to cover completely, so the panties just gave up and took the path of least resistance, which was the wedgie. But if I get the correct size, no problem.

There is just no END to the interesting topics we find to discuss on these boards........ ;-)

Tradd
6-20-11, 12:38am
Mine are cotton. No wedgie. Very little movement. I don't really like the microfiber or nylon ones.

Yppej
6-20-11, 5:37am
Generally cotton - I am concerned nylon wouldn't breathe well in the summer heat though did try a set of those recently in desperation. I think I will try a size up. Thanks everyone.

Wildflower
6-20-11, 6:32am
My DDs' gave me a gift card to Victoria's Secrets for Christmas. I must say I love their underwear. They fit perfectly and stay in place. Feels like you're wearing nothing and the quality is so much better than Hanes or Fruit Of The Loom.

kib
6-20-11, 12:54pm
Went commando for years due to the wedgie issue. Then to thong because if you're gonna get a wedgie anyway, might as well be with the least amount of fabric possible. Surprisingly, I have now found the less elastic the better. Boyshorts tend to just sort of hang or lay where you put them.

maribeth
6-20-11, 12:58pm
My mom got me some from Soma Intimates which are great.

Mrs-M
6-20-11, 3:27pm
Originally posted by Kib.
Went commando for years due to the wedgie issue.You're one tough cookie! :laff: Tried that before with little to no success. Dresses, no problem, pants, ugh-uh.

kib
6-20-11, 3:35pm
Commando with a dress? It's a bit too windy here. :0!

Mrs-M
6-20-11, 3:44pm
:laff: I completely and totally understand.......

Gizmo
6-20-11, 5:26pm
I like boy shorts - never had that problem with them. And no cotton, I do the silky boy shorts (can't remember the fabric name). :D

Yppej
6-20-11, 7:07pm
More to think about. Thank you.

Mrs-M
6-20-11, 10:14pm
Originally posted by Gizmo.
I like boy shorts - never had that problem with them.Wish I could convince myself to try them (just once), but I have this silly psychological sort of hangup about keeping it feminine. Go ahead, call me silly if you like! :)

ApatheticNoMore
6-21-11, 1:00am
I like briefs, which I don't really think have that problem.

Fawn
6-21-11, 11:08pm
Oh, if only we could go back to hoop skirts and bloomers. SIGH.

Realistically-- I think it depends on your body shape. Are you widest at the saddlebags point, or at the high-hip (think 3" down from waist) point w/ flat butt? Do you have rounded bottom or rounded tummy?

I know that the style underwear that fits me well when I am 130# is NOT the same style that fits me well when I am 150#.

Mrs-M
6-22-11, 12:20pm
Playing off what Fawn mentioned, I tend to think traditional full-cut styled panties are more reliable in the fit department than all the rest. IMO they seem more universally designed to fit varied shapes and figures and sizes better, and they seem to accommodate plus/minus pounds (either end of the scale) with no ill-fitting results. I'm thinking back to my pregnancies when I put extra pounds on and carried it long after each baby was born, yet I never had to size up my panties afterwards. (After the pregnancies).

Mrs-M
2-21-12, 11:56am
Originally posted by Yppej.
I am concerned nylon wouldn't breathe well in the summer heatI've never had a problem with wearing them, and I'm fussy in that department.

redfox
2-21-12, 3:31pm
Where the heck did the phrase "went commando" to reference being underwear-less come from? It is hilarious!

Alan
2-21-12, 3:43pm
Where the heck did the phrase "went commando" to reference being underwear-less come from? It is hilarious!
As a Vietnam era veteran, I'm pretty sure it began with US troops in Vietnam who chose to increase ventilation and decrease moisture while in the field.