PDA

View Full Version : Any Greg Noory / Art Bell listeners out there?

Rogar
6-20-11, 11:25pm
I must confess that I'm a closet "Coast to Coast AM" late night radio program listener. I started listening years ago when it was originally the Art Bell program and have listened, off and on, ever since. Sometimes I will wake in the middle of the night unable to sleep, and eventually drift off to the latest news of alien abductions, demons, angels, and conspiracy theory on my bedside radio.

I've recently run across a few other fans of the program including a college professor of economics and an electrical engineer. I guess I feel ready to come out of the closet now. I find it to be great entertainment, and in the state between dreaming and waking some of it is even believable. The call-ins and guests are pretty entertaining, regardless and get the imagination going a little. Some of them are pretty legit.

Pardon the mistake in the title, that's George Noory, not Greg Noory.

iris lily
6-21-11, 1:20am
George Noory broadcast Coast to Coast from St. Louis in his early days on the show, don't know he still broadcasts from here. He was known to have my friend, Randy Grimm, on the show to talk about dog rescue, it wasn't always eerie-weerie stuff.

No, I don't listen to it. Noory is a reasonable radio host but I think there are only so many things you can say about his topics, and they've been said, over and over. And over.

ApatheticNoMore
6-21-11, 2:15am
Used to listen to Art Bell long ago, maybe as a teenager or in college. I was kinda into talk radio for awhile, even of the really weird stuff like Art Bell and I'm honestly not sure why (especially of that weird stuff as I never really believed in all the aliens and so on, but I listened anyway, maybe just wondering if it might be true).

jania
6-21-11, 9:10am
I came across this show last year, like you when I couldn't sleep. Rather than listening to music, the sounds of people talking on low volume can help quiet my mind and get me back to sleep. I've found the conversations interesting at times because they are so different from what I usually listen to, NPR. It's good for me to remember not everyone thinks like I do. However, for some reason my AM reception will go out on me and I lose the show. I'd rather listen to NPR but my station does jazz at night which is not relaxing to me.

San Onofre Guy
6-21-11, 1:00pm
Don't worry about what they government is telling you, worry about what they aren't telling you!

JaneV2.0
6-21-11, 2:03pm
I love the genre, but C2C is seriously past my bedtime. I have listened to it via radio stream out of Florida (Hawaii or Alaska might be even better), and am now making a note to do that next time their featured guest is an interesting one.

JaneV2.0
6-22-11, 2:47am
Thanks for bringing this up. I'm listening to Nora Gedgaudas (paleo diet proponent) being interviewed on a Florida station as I type.