PDA

View Full Version : I have a desk/work area

Zoe Girl
1-6-11, 12:28pm
We moved into this rental house back in August when i was training in my new job and working my second job. It was crazy and has taken a long time to get settled. Well I am happy to say that I have set up a desk that is a lot better and bigger than the tiny corner of my bedroom. The tiny corner was okay for checking some emails and stuff but we are going into teacher job search season again and I need tohave some space to keep it all efficient. I didn't even have to buy anything which is brilliant, I am using my extra kitchen table that is nice and square and an office chair my boyfriend gave me and there is room underneath for the file boxes of everything I file.

Okay, feeling good plus cannot stand having a post count of like 5.

Anne/Zoe Girl

happystuff
1-7-11, 8:48pm
Congrats! I had been desk-less up until the new year also. I have my desk and still trying to get it organized. Feels great to be able to sit down and type comfortably, though.

Jab
1-19-11, 7:50pm
I had a desk and file cabinet and book shelf all set up and working great - but then the DS moved back home and wanted his room back so now i am set up in the basement and its just not working for me. Its too cold down there and Im too cheap to turn the heat on - its baseboard and expensive, so now I am working at the kitchen table and running up and down the steps to retrieve things. Think it might be time to organize a different area for the office?

Jab

Zoe Girl
1-19-11, 11:10pm
Or maybe just a small space heater until better weather? I have often had basement work areas and they can be uncomfortable. I use a heating blanket on my lap in cold work areas now since it is drafty but I need to be near al the files and piles.