PDA

View Full Version : where is my camera?

kally
7-4-11, 6:16pm
We bought a new digi cam a few months ago. Where did I put it. Small is great, but now I can't find it anywhere.
I have checked:
-every handbag and bag
-in my dresser drawers
-in all my coat pockets
-under the car seats

where else can it be? Any thoughts?:|(

Alan
7-4-11, 6:18pm
Can't help other than to say it's in the last place you'll look. You just haven't gotten there yet.

redfox
7-4-11, 6:24pm
Can't help other than to say it's in the last place you'll look. You just haven't gotten there yet.

Perfect!

Try consulting a hypnotist.

Mrs-M
7-4-11, 6:36pm
http://imeasybutton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/easy_button1.png It's an EASY button, go ahead, press it!

kally
7-4-11, 7:46pm
come on you meanies. Where did I put it. Think, Think. Where would you hide it?

SoSimple
7-4-11, 8:00pm
Where do you keep other small electronics and/or chargers? I've found our digital camera among the various electronic chargers before now . . .

early morning
7-4-11, 8:21pm
Well, at my house it would be under a pile of fabric, or on a table covered with books and papers, in a purse or bag (but you've looked there), on top of the fridge (DH puts stuff there, and I'm too short to see!). Or - horrors! - I could have inadvertently left it somewhere other than at home. Hope it turns up soon! OH - under the sofa! Our cat stashes stuff there, and I'm always amazed at what she's managed to steal.

Kathy WI
7-4-11, 10:25pm
On the computer desk, either behind the computer or under some other junk.

CathyA
7-4-11, 10:39pm
Did you take it to someone else's house and leave it there? Did you upload some of the most recent pics to your computer? If so, you can you look at them, and maybe that would jog your memory.

fidgiegirl
7-4-11, 11:00pm
At the spot where you may have hooked it up to a computer/laptop to download the pics? Like a drawer or cubbie?

iris lily
7-4-11, 11:07pm
When I've looked everywhere for my glasses, sometimes I find them on top of my head.

So, are you carrying it around, looking for it?

iris lily
7-4-11, 11:19pm
...Our cat stashes stuff there, and I'm always amazed at what she's managed to steal.

We once had a cat who stole stuff. To this day I still put pencils in a box by the computer, rather than just leave them laying around, though she's been gone 7 years now and pencils have not been threatened in that time period. After she died I found her stash under the bed and it included pencils (of course) and little balls of poo, ones that had fallen out of the litter box. Guess she liked to bat them around. Ick.

Polliwog
7-4-11, 11:39pm
How about the glove box or trunk of your car, or under the seats?

H-work
7-5-11, 12:03am
I got a bright red cover for my iPod, because I'm always losing it. I've spent too much time looking for black and silver electronics. It's so much easier to spot in a backpack or in a car or by the side of the bed when it's bright.

As for your camera, can you remember the last time you used it? And also, look around under furniture, on the side of beds, behind desks, under couches, etc with a bright flashlight. It might have fallen or slipped somewhere. My couch eats remotes, toys, keys, books, etc. When you sit down, the weight makes a gap between the back and cushion and things just slide right down. When you get up, the gap closes shut and you have no idea what it gobbled up--it looks so innocent.

kally
7-5-11, 12:55am
welll my whole office is clean thanks to your suggestions and the couch has been vacuumed. But so far, no camera. This house will be spotless by the time I find it.

sweetana3
7-5-11, 5:42am
Too late but I had to designate a wicker box for camera and all related parts. Too many small picture cards and batteries. If I see the camera anywhere, into the box it goes.

Right now i cannot find a piece of fabric I lost while walking from downstairs to upstairs, a bottle of homemade vanilla that has been missing for years in the house, my box of needles (not marked as a needle box), etc.

Float On
7-5-11, 8:09am
I'm still looking for a wallet I lost 3 weeks ago. Figured it would show up for sure right after I canceled the cards and got a new driver's license but it's still gone so not sure I'll be much help. Usually things slide down between the seats of my car. I also have an antique buffet in my living room and I'm always finding things in the top drawers that I don't remember putting there.

Florence
7-5-11, 12:56pm
Gremlins. They hide my keys and cell phone all the time but so far have left my digital camera alone (I just checked the drawer and it is still there...)

CathyA
7-5-11, 3:16pm
Is it possible you left it out in plain sight and someone stole it??

Gizmo
7-5-11, 3:43pm
I'd check the pockets of clothing you could have been wearing, especially things that don't get washed often like jackets.

I once lost my car keys for 2 months, turned out they were in the pocket of a jacket I don't wear very often.

daisy
7-5-11, 5:08pm
My DH has a habit of setting things up instead of down, so I have to remember to look on top of cabinets and high up in shelves when things are missing.

maribeth
7-5-11, 5:56pm
Pocket? Under car seat?

I lost mine at my BIL/SIL's wedding. I remember exactly where I put it down to help carry champagne glasses out to the yard. BIL scoured the whole farm but it is gone.

Yppej
7-5-11, 8:23pm
It ran away with my saw for parts unknown.

Tiam
7-5-11, 8:50pm
Down inside some furniture? Slipped behind?

jania
7-5-11, 9:02pm
Can you remember the last thing you were taking pictures of, the camera could be around there. Good luck!

Mighty Frugal
7-6-11, 9:41pm
Check your purses again. Dump out everything. My dh lost his wallet while golfing. He checked his golf bag thoroughly. Then asked at the front desk if anyone turned it in. Then he cancelled all his credit cards, etc. Then he had to get new cards-health card, drivers license, credit cards, debit cards, grrr..Then a few months later I went through his golf bag pocket for something and lo and behold his wallet! He was gobsmacked and swore e thoroughly checked the pocket. Sometimes, in a panic, we are not as methodical as we should be. check again.

If it's not here then I put my money on it running away with Yppej's saw. I hear they're really happy together

Mrs-M
7-9-11, 11:48am
How did you make out Kally? Any sign of your camera yet?

Amaranth
7-10-11, 8:37am
Suitcase?
Desk at work?
Store where you downloaded pictures to be printed
Party location where you took pictures?
Borrowed by family member?

peggy
7-10-11, 1:11pm
Maybe in the coat closet on the shelf. Or the TV cabinet. On a book shelf or in a travel bag/suitcase. These are the places I'd look. Or the kids room, if you have kids.

kally
7-10-11, 1:20pm
not yet, but I live in hope.
We could publish a pamphlet called "Are you sure it's really lost?" and include all these ideas.

How did you make out Kally? Any sign of your camera yet?

Mrs-M
7-10-11, 5:30pm
Kally. I just hope you didn't pull this old scenario...

Disposable camera, $8.
High-end digital camera with professional grade memory card, $479.
High-end camera with months worth of pictures in file memory card left behind on table for two (somewhere), priceless!

kally
7-20-11, 2:00pm
FOUND IT
It had slipped down into a magazine rack. So put that on the list of places to look for glasses, pills, phones or cameras.
Thanks for all the help.

Mrs-M
7-20-11, 2:02pm
Bad, bad camera! Naughty camera! :) That's great news Kally, because I was about to "bump" the thread.

leslieann
7-20-11, 2:02pm
YAY! Thanks SO much for posting, Kally. Inquiring minds....probably are procrastinating on work but I DID want to know...

Float On
7-20-11, 2:12pm
Good deal!

Gardenarian
7-20-11, 3:06pm
Next time, remember this charm:

Tony Tony come around
Something's lost that must be found!

I assume it's a prayer to St. Anthony. Anyhow, works for use!