PDA

View Full Version : Chase customers - can you still get a plain ATM card?

Tradd
7-4-11, 8:27pm
My Chase Visa debit card is due to expire next month. Does anyone know if they still offer plain ATM cards?

I'm planning on checking at my branch, but I was curious *now*:~) and couldn't find any info online or on Chase's website.

Thanks!

redfox
7-4-11, 10:47pm
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2015452507_pfdebitcards03.html
An interesting take on possible new fees for debit cards.

jennipurrr
7-5-11, 11:35am
I used to work for a bank (not Chase) that got rid of all the old ATM cards and replaced them with the Visa branded debit cards. So, likely Chase did something similar, although it wouldn't hurt to ask. Is there any reason you can't just use the Visa branded card as an ATM card only? That is what we do...we never use the debit card functionality of it.

chord_ata
7-5-11, 2:40pm
You probably got your answer by now, but, the last time we checked ( a year ago) we could still request the ATM only cards.

Tradd
7-5-11, 7:17pm
Yep, sure can. I walked into my branch and it took all of maybe five minutes at the most. They don't advertise they still offer plain ATM cards, but they didn't ask why try to get me to stay with debit card, etc. I'll have it within a week or so.

Tradd
7-5-11, 8:18pm
I used to work for a bank (not Chase) that got rid of all the old ATM cards and replaced them with the Visa branded debit cards. So, likely Chase did something similar, although it wouldn't hurt to ask. Is there any reason you can't just use the Visa branded card as an ATM card only? That is what we do...we never use the debit card functionality of it.

I've simply known too many people who've gotten their debit cards compromised lately. So I'm bowing out of the debit card rat race. :~) Plus there are rumblings Chase was going to begin charging a fee for debit each month. Just give me an ATM card so I can get my cash and make deposits at the ATM.