PDA

View Full Version : Guy Fieri et al

catherine
7-6-11, 9:05pm
My DH and I watched "Next Food Network Star" religiously during its early days, and, as they say, "we remember when" Guy Fieri was cutting his teeth in television. We also watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and tonight I'm watching him on "Minute to Win It."

I really like Guy Fieri! He's funky, cool, but has a really nice aura--he's a great host.

Who else do you just connect with through the airwaves? It's funny how some people just have that intangible quality--that "X Factor." Who do you think has it?

JaneV2.0
7-7-11, 12:35am
I like Guy Fieri, as well. I'm a diners, drive-ins, and dives kind of woman, as it turns out.

I love Rachel Maddow: smart, funny, and did I mention smart? And she mixes a mean drink.

IshbelRobertson
7-8-11, 7:19am
I don't watch a great deal of TV, but always watch UK chef programmes such as Jamie Oliver, Rick Stein, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (known lovingly as Hugely Eats it All, because of his love of eating ever part of a fish or animal!)Nigel Slater, Heston Blumenthal, Delia Smith, Simon Hopkinson (his first TV programme starts this week - he's a real 'chefs' chef' in the UK!), Gary Rhodes and a couple of others, too. I stopped watching anything with Marco Pierre White or Gordon Rankin (although I've eaten in the restaurants of both, and always enjoyed the food) simply because their personalities grate on my nerves! I also enjoy Masterchef, which has now been franchised around the world. The Aussie one is fun, but sooooo slow to dump competitors.

I have to confess, I've seldom watched any American cooking programmes - apart from a very strange little Frenchman, many years ago. My then 8 year old daughter was fixated on his accent and watched it when she came home from school.