PDA

View Full Version : radish tops

Tiam
7-10-11, 1:02am
Do you eat them? They seem like they should be edible but I never see a recipe for them.

Amaranth
7-10-11, 7:50am
They are edible. Usually recipes that work for turnip greens, mustard, kale, collards, or cooked spinach will work.

Tiam
7-10-11, 10:05am
edible, but good?

Gwyn
7-10-11, 2:42pm
I don't know, but I did see a recipe for roasted radishes in a recent issue of Whole Living magazine. Wanted to try it but we'd used all our radishes already.

If they're like kale or other greens, that seems to be a bit of an acquired taste for some people. We love them, but not everyone does.

janharker
7-10-11, 7:00pm
I throw a few into a tossed salad. Also, chopped, they make a nice decoration on top of pasta.

redfox
7-10-11, 8:59pm
Sautee anything in bacon fat, or really good olive oil, add garlic, and it's fantastic...

Tiam
7-10-11, 10:18pm
Sautee anything in bacon fat, or really good olive oil, add garlic, and it's fantastic...

Good point!

Gwyn
7-12-11, 9:09am
Fat and garlic, wonder foods!

benhyr
7-12-11, 9:52am
edible, but good?

I tried some; I prefer beet greens. When making a salad, I pull the radish, slice the radish for the salad and chop the greens to toss in. I like them better sauteed and mixed in with a dish that can stand a little radish undertone.