PDA

View Full Version : The Larry Sanders show (tv show)

iris lily
7-13-11, 12:32am
I've spent the past few weeks watching all six seasons of The Larry Sanders show.
It's a TV comedy done by Gary Shandling about 15 years ago, and it's about a make believe late night talk show. Gary plays "Larry Sanders" the host of this show.

It's given me the most laughs I've had in a long time. A parade of Hollywood notables appear on the TV show as themselves. It is hilarious. Tonight's show had Dana Delaney all dressed up in a delicious sweater decorated with cherries and she, like 50% of the people on the show, wind up saying "F__k you, Larry" somewhere in the broadcast. It is after all, cable where adult themes and adult language thrive. I love it!

early morning
7-13-11, 9:11pm
OMG, I loved that show! I didn't realize it was on DVD- I'll add that to our winter viewing list!

iris lily
7-13-11, 9:18pm
OMG, I loved that show! I didn't realize it was on DVD- I'll add that to our winter viewing list!

It was delayed on dvd forever, apparently because they were wrangling to get all of the music rights. They issued all six seasons in one package. It is a scream!

It is available for streaming on Netflix. Great show.

Greg44
7-27-11, 8:19pm
I remember some of the Gary Shandling stuff and this guy cracks me up big time. It seems like he was one of the first to use the style of talking directly to the camera like they do on the Office and many others now. I was sad to see it go off network TV.

Selah
7-27-11, 9:54pm
Awesome! That show was HILARIOUS, and I wondered if I'd ever be able to see it again. Thanks for letting us know!

iris lily
7-28-11, 12:00am
I think it's a real advantage to not have cable tv. I've never had it, and I am REALLY enjoying these cable classics: The Sopranos, Larry Sanders Show, etc.

I prefer watching them on dvd because the experience is more concentrated. At least with the dramas it seems they stick with me.