PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Play You In A Movie of Your LIfe?

catherine
7-13-11, 4:08pm
Just as in reading a book, I've come to fabricate what you guys look like in my head, but I'd love a little help.

Could you please tell me who would play you in a movie? You don't have to be self-effacing--it's not just about who looks like you, but overall casting of that, plus attitude and personality and the kind of "presence" you emit.

Mrs-M
7-13-11, 4:18pm
According to my husband, Delta Burke! It was after one of the threads we had here on "who do you look like" that prompted him to tell me. :) This is fun! Can't wait for other members responses.

Stella
7-13-11, 4:32pm
I can't think of a celebrity who looks like me, but if you click on my blog there is a picture of me.

IshbelRobertson
7-13-11, 5:54pm
People often say that I am a shoo-in as a Dame Maggie Smith as Miss Jean Brodie!
Personally, I think I'm more like the actress who plays Dr Who's present sidekick, the Scots lassie!

razz
7-13-11, 8:32pm
Meryl Streep would do a good job based on some of the movies that I have seen. She is more glamorous than I will ever be but laughs at herself, dresses every which way and gets into all kinds of adventures.

iris lily
7-13-11, 9:15pm
Janene Garafalo.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000413/

She's the voice in my head. I relate to her, especially on The Larry Sanders show. So, she could play me. She looks a little like me, especially in my younger days.

Too bad her politics are way off, we couldn't become best friends.:(

early morning
7-13-11, 9:46pm
Roseanne Barr :|(

pinkytoe
7-14-11, 8:37am
It sounds ridiculous but all I can think of is a cross between Grace Kelly and Sally Field. I am both silly and serious, casual and classic is my tastes, girl-next-door etc...

Spartana
7-14-11, 12:28pm
Michelle Rodriguez(Avatar, Lost). I look absolutely NOTHING like her in that I'm tall, thin, blonde and blue eyed but we have the same attitude and I could see her (or some blonde that's like her) playing me back in my service days with a .50 cal machine gun in one hand and an M-16 in the other :-) - or even now 'cause I'm basicly the same IRL but more feminine and maybe just a tad nicer... sometimes :-)!

Or, as KIB once said, Linda Hamiltion as she was in Terminator 2 - but less weepy :-)!

shadowmoss
7-14-11, 3:30pm
On a good day, Ruth Gordon as Maude. It's my goal to be her when for the next 25 years.

catherine
7-14-11, 4:29pm
Mrs-M: That's right--(I'm embarrassed to say I think I started that old thread, too. I guess I'm just dying to know more about you guys!). I can see you as Delta Burke, but more down-to-earth. I hope this doesn't offend you, but I see you as one of those really warm grandmotherly types, well-dressed and VERY classy, with always a smile. Almost like Queen Elizabeth meets Mrs. Doubtfire.

Stella, I've been to your blog, so I've "cheated"--however, I see a young Sissy Spacek playing you, because there's an honesty, but vulnerability, and creativity in Sissy Spacek's performances.

Ishbel: LOVE Maggie Smith: "My girls are La Creme de la Creme!" (Prime of Miss Jean Brodie). I think you and Mrs-Mizerly would get along well!

razz: Saw you more of an Amy Madigan--don't know why.

IrisLilly: I also love Janene Garofalo--you must be a lot of fun to be with! I can see that.. no cognitive dissonance there.

Pinkytoe: I kind of relate to your picks: I think of everyone that's posted so far, I think we'd be the most alike.

Earlymorning: I confess that I don't "know" you well enough to have formed an opinion... why do you say Roseanne Barr?

Spartana: Yes, that's who I imagine for you.... I don't know Michele Rodriguez that much, but I can definitely picture Linda Hamilton.

shadowmoss: Ruth Gordon! What a great, interesting character.

Man would I love a tea party with you "characters"!~

Mrs-M
7-14-11, 5:32pm
Catherine. You have absolutely no need to feel embarrassed. :) This place would be BORING without the likes of fun and interesting threads.

You're right, my personality and nature is 360 degrees to Delta's, but her dark hair and larger figure is a close match of me. (In her heavier days). I sport a pear-shaped figure. Average on top, shaped waist, wider hips, bigger thighs, and a full bottom. A four babies bottom! :) My husband says we could pass as sisters. He's such a sweetheart...

I see Jayne Mansfield in you Catherine.

Mrs-M
7-14-11, 5:35pm
Re: Iris Lily, I see a lot of Kathy Bates.

Sad Eyed Lady
7-14-11, 10:15pm
I would love to say Valerie Harper as I always thought she was SO beautiful in an exotic, interesting way when she played Rhoda. But alas, probably Sally Field - we're both petite and dark haired. I'm just not as "perky" though.

Kathy WI
7-14-11, 10:36pm
I would be played by the actress who plays "Palm Apodaca" in Five Easy Pieces. I love her ranting about crap and filth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XylSAxvujeA&feature=related

iris lily
7-15-11, 12:39am
Re: Iris Lily, I see a lot of Kathy Bates.

That is PERFECT, I don't know why I didn't think of her because I like her a lot. She's gotten better roles as she ages. So Janeane Garofalo can play me 25 - 35 ish years of age, and Kathy Bates can do the current day me.

iris lily
7-15-11, 12:46am
On a good day, Ruth Gordon as Maude. It's my goal to be her when for the next 25 years.

Maude is an excellent role model, and while I will never achieve what she did (taking joy in every moment of life) I admire it!

iris lily
7-15-11, 12:48am
Michelle Rodriguez(Avatar, Lost). I look absolutely NOTHING like her in that I'm tall, thin, blonde and blue eyed but we have the same attitude and I could see her (or some blonde that's like her) playing me back in my service days with a .50 cal machine gun in one hand and an M-16 in the other :-) - or even now 'cause I'm basicly the same IRL but more feminine and maybe just a tad nicer... sometimes :-)!

Or, as KIB once said, Linda Hamiltion as she was in Terminator 2 - but less weepy :-)!

I loved Anna Lucia in Lost, she was in my top ten characters list of Lost and you know how many characters there were in that show.

Mrs-M
7-15-11, 1:11am
Shalom. You are totally Sally Fields! :)

catherine
7-15-11, 7:34am
I see Jayne Mansfield in you Catherine.

Wow! Gee, that's what my husband says too, when he closes his eyes! (And I see Hugh Jackman in him)

Thanks for that, Mrs-M...I'm like her in every way--except for my flat chest, mousy frizzy hair, and Catholic-school-induced sexually repressed nature ;)

Mrs-M
7-15-11, 7:43am
The first time I saw your profile picture I thought, "stunningly beautiful". I really did. Still do. Very pretty, and it wasn't until this thread that I made the connection between the two of you. I just thought of your profile picture, thought of a few Hollywood blondes, and said to myself, BINGO, she has so many Jayne Mansfield qualities about her. P.S. Tell your husband to open his eyes! :)

Spartana
7-15-11, 12:51pm
Wow! Gee, that's what my husband says too, when he closes his eyes! (And I see Hugh Jackman in him)

HAHAHA!!!!! I wonder how many of us actually look like our personalities? In otherwords, you can have some black leather wearing tattooed and pierced biker chick with spiked green hair who is sweet and soft spoken and would rather stay at home quilting. Or the prim librarian type with a the buttoned up grey cardigen and sensible shoes who talks and acts like a drunken sailor on shore leave. I know people are always VERY suprise when I open my mouth because my looks and personallity are opposites of each other. I've always looked sort of like the sporty wholesome all American girl next door who is sweet and gentle and who's goal in life is to be a cheerleader and marry the star quarterback (and this is how people who don't know me assume me to be like). But I'm am a very sardonic, wise-cracking, hard-ass kind of person who gives the withering stares that have been know to make grown men run crying for their mamas :-)! That's why I picked Michelle Rodriguez to play me even though we look nothing alike. She has that biting, wise cracking, take no crap, smack some guy up side of the head and call him an idiot, militant kind of personallity that I have. Linda Hamilton is just too serious and nice to play me ;-). I'm the kind of woman who's DH got her a mini crossbow and a subscription to "Solider of Fortune" magazine for our anniversary. Really - and I loved it :-)!
So does your looks reflect your personality?

Stella
7-15-11, 2:27pm
People often say that I am a shoo-in as a Dame Maggie Smith as Miss Jean Brodie!
Personally, I think I'm more like the actress who plays Dr Who's present sidekick, the Scots lassie!

I love Amy Pond! What's her real name? Karen something, I think.

Stella
7-15-11, 2:30pm
Catherine, I like your choice for me! I would not have thought about it, but I think that fits.

IshbelRobertson
7-15-11, 5:39pm
I love Amy Pond! What's her real name? Karen something, I think.

Karen Gillan!
I have the same hair colouring and looked a lot like her when I was younger. Maggie Smith in her 'Jean' days is probably how I look now.

Alan
7-15-11, 6:56pm
Viggo Mortensen

early morning
7-15-11, 7:10pm
why do you say Roseanne Barr? hmmm...because I'm short, overweight, mouthy, opinionated, and sometimes funny, I guess. Also very shy ;)

catherine
7-15-11, 7:15pm
Alan: Viggo! Interesting... looks-wise, or character-wise? What was that movie he was in with Ed Harris? He was great in that--I think it was The History of Violence.

early morning: Yes! That's great. I think we should have a simple-living version of The View, and you should be one of the stars.

Mangano's Gold
7-15-11, 7:15pm
I'd take Catherine Zeta Jones as my love interest.

catherine
7-15-11, 7:16pm
I'd take Catherine Zeta Jones as my love interest.

That's another whole thread....

As for me, I'll take Sam Waterston as my love interest.

Alan
7-15-11, 7:31pm
Alan: Viggo! Interesting... looks-wise, or character-wise?
Character-wise, especially in Hidalgo.

goldensmom
7-15-11, 7:31pm
I can’t think of anyone who looks like me but I’ve always said that I wanted to be Jessica Fletcher when I grow up so I think would be a combination of Angela Lansbury, as the older wiser me and Carol Burnett from the original Carol Burnett show as the younger me.

Mrs-M
7-16-11, 2:11pm
This is a super fun topic!

Sad Eyed Lady
7-16-11, 5:04pm
I can’t think of anyone who looks like me but I’ve always said that I wanted to be Jessica Fletcher when I grow up so I think would be a combination of Angela Lansbury, as the older wiser me and Carol Burnett from the original Carol Burnett show as the younger me.
goldensmom, I have always loved Angela Landsbury (Jessica Fletcher), and I told people that my role models for aging were Jessica Fletcher and my older friend Anna. Both of them, fictional and real, were strong, smart, independent women.

madgeylou
7-16-11, 9:11pm
i look a little bit like a chubbier karen o, but i think essence-wise, i should be played by either drew barrymore or queen latifah. :)

Mrs-M
7-17-11, 11:26pm
Madgeylou. I was thinking Liza Minnelli for you.

madgeylou
7-18-11, 8:18am
aw, yes, i just love her in cabaret and arthur -- so funny and so cute! thanks mrs m :)

Spartana
7-18-11, 4:25pm
According to my husband, Delta Burke! It was after one of the threads we had here on "who do you look like" that prompted him to tell me. :) This is fun! Can't wait for other members responses.

I love Delta Burke. I think she looks stunning whatever her size. Loved her sassy personallity in that old TV show "Designing Women". But I think your personallity is more Audrey Hepburn Mrs. M - refined, dignified, gentle and kind but with a very slight hint of sassiness too. So I guess we'll stuff Audrey's personality into Delta and call it you :-)!! I can't think of anyone famous that I look like now or when I was younger so can't stuff Michelle Rodriquez's personality into anyone.

Alan - Viggo - yum yum yum :devil::devil::|(!!!! I loved him in Hildago too.

Gizmo
7-18-11, 4:51pm
Amber Benson -
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0072435/

I actually look a lot like her (but my hair is darker and shorter, and my nose is longer). I'm the quiet, shy, wallflower in a group but get me alone and sparks fly (not literally, like her character on Buffy, but yeah).

I also get told I look like some actor from Canada, but I can't ever remember the name people have told me and I don't watch much TV, so who knows.

Spartana
7-18-11, 5:37pm
Amber Benson -

I actually look a lot like her (but my hair is darker and shorter, and my nose is longer). I'm the quiet, shy, wallflower in a group but get me alone and sparks fly (not literally, like her character on Buffy, but yeah).

I also get told I look like some actor from Canada, but I can't ever remember the name people have told me and I don't watch much TV, so who knows.

Hey I remember her from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yes, I have VERY refined taste in TV shows :-)! I always though she was beautiful. I wish more people would post pic here. I use to have some up (old and recent) but deleted them.

Gizmo
7-18-11, 5:56pm
Hey I remember her from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yes, I have VERY refined taste in TV shows :-)! I always though she was beautiful. I wish more people would post pic here. I use to have some up (old and recent) but deleted them.

Heh, refined.. thats me. The only TV shows I have seen every episode of:Futurama, Highlander, Red Green Show, Red Dwarf, Buffy, Eureka, Tru Blood....yeah

I should put a picture up. I keep meaning to, but then get distracted. I'll try to do that tonight. :D

Mrs-M
7-18-11, 7:17pm
Originally posted by Spartana.
But I think your personallity is more Audrey Hepburn Mrs. M - refined, dignified, gentle and kind but with a very slight hint of sassiness too. So I guess we'll stuff Audrey's personality into Delta and call it you :-)!!ROTFLMAO! That's great! I'll have to tell my husband that one. :)

I read your post Re: the way you are and it threw me so bad, I was chocked for words. Not at all what I expected. :) I see Lucy Lawless in you Spartana, or you in her! :) No nonsense, no surprises.

catherine
7-18-11, 7:24pm
Amber Benson -

I met Amber when she and my son were in Soderbergh's movie King of the Hill. Amber was wonderful in the movie! Coincidentally, she and my son were also in the more mainstream "Bye Bye Love." She also portrayed the shy wallflower in that, too.

King of the Hill is an absolutely fantastic film--got best pick of 1993 by numerous critics--but now you can't even get it on Netflix.

Anyway, I digress. I love Amber's look.

SiouzQ.
7-18-11, 10:16pm
I think I am a combination personality-wise of Gina Davis, Susan Sarandon, Sigourney Weaver (the guys at work said she should play me in our fictional reality TV show about working in a crazy music store) and Kate from Lost (says my friend Ian, because she's tough and brave). I do not look like any of them really (probably closest to Sigourney Weaver). In the past when my hair is short (as it is now) I have been told I look like Jamie Curtis...

Mrs-M
7-19-11, 10:20am
Goldensmom. I have Meredith Baxter pegged to play you. A young Meredith may I add, as she hasn't aged well.

treehugger
7-19-11, 11:57am
A few years ago, I got told rather frequently (by strangers, acquaintences, friends) that I look like Jennifer Garner. That never happens any more, and I believe it only happens when she's pregnant. :P

Quite honestlly, I can't think of an actress who suits me, personality-wise. Maybe I am just too weird to match anyone?

Kara

Spartana
7-19-11, 12:43pm
ROTFLMAO! That's great! I'll have to tell my husband that one. :)

I read your post Re: the way you are and it threw me so bad, I was chocked for words. Not at all what I expected. :) I see Lucy Lawless in you Spartana, or you in her! :) No nonsense, no surprises.

Oooohhhh... Xena The Warrior Princess - I forgot about her. Yeah yeah, I wanna be her :-)! But different personalities for sure and I don't look anything like her at all (alas!) too waifish. Look sort of like Tiger Woods ex (can't remember her name something nordic) when I was her age about 20 years ago. Oh and I'm a tad scruffier too ;-)!
me age 40-something http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=413&d=1311107528

Elin Woods age 20-something http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=412&d=1311107504

OK OK, not as close as I wish it were :-)!!! Hey but I'm at least 15 years older than her in that pic.

Spartana
7-19-11, 4:38pm
A few years ago, I got told rather frequently (by strangers, acquaintences, friends) that I look like Jennifer Garner. That never happens any more, and I believe it only happens when she's pregnant. :P

Quite honestlly, I can't think of an actress who suits me, personality-wise. Maybe I am just too weird to match anyone?

Kara

No, not weird - unique! Well, that's what I try to get away with - usually doesn't work :-)!

treehugger
7-19-11, 5:22pm
No, not weird - unique! Well, that's what I try to get away with - usually doesn't work :-)!

Well, sure, but everyone thinks they are unique, and we probably aren't all as unique as we think we are. :) But truly, I'm ok with weird. Weird is good.

Oh and by the way, I certainly look nothing like my avatar! My Mandy is supermodel material. :D

Kara

madgeylou
7-19-11, 5:51pm
spartana, you know lucy lawless is a natural blonde, right? she's also not nearly as big and strapping as she was shot to be as xena... i think she might be a good match!

http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/event/Black_and_Blonde_Beauties/LucyLawless_021207.html

i think it's the same way they always shoot beyonce, who is like 5'6" or something, to look like an amazon when really she's a wee little thing.

Mrs-M
7-19-11, 9:57pm
Treehugger. Hey, even if you are only occasionally told you look like Jennifer Garner, your doing real good! :)

Spartana. That is unbelievable! :)

Spartana
7-19-11, 11:36pm
(Spartana) I read your post Re: the way you are and it threw me so bad, I was chocked for words. Not at all what I expected. :)

Hi Mrs. M - just curious about what "threw" you so bad? I know I've said I'm not the sweet sort - not demure or proper most of the time. I can be pretty brusque (is that the right word?). Maybe it comes from working almost solely with men for many years on ships or as a compliance officer, or maybe it's just my nature, but I am short (terse) and blunt when dealing with people often and it can be taken as me being hard-butted :moon::D (which I can be - especially when I was working). Hope I didn't offend you in anyway.

Spartana
7-19-11, 11:40pm
spartana, you know lucy lawless is a natural blonde, right? she's also not nearly as big and strapping as she was shot to be as xena... i think she might be a good match!

http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/event/Black_and_Blonde_Beauties/LucyLawless_021207.html

i think it's the same way they always shoot beyonce, who is like 5'6" or something, to look like an amazon when really she's a wee little thing. I had no idea she was blonde! Ok then I wanna be Xena (or Lucy Lawless) when I grow up. I can't make out your avatar pic very well madgeylou, but it does sort of look like a much young version of Liza (with a "Z") Minelli!

Mrs-M
7-20-11, 12:50am
Hi Mrs. M - just curious about what "threw" you so bad? I know I've said I'm not the sweet sort - not demure or proper most of the time. I can be pretty brusque (is that the right word?). Maybe it comes from working almost solely with men for many years on ships or as a compliance officer, or maybe it's just my nature, but I am short (terse) and blunt when dealing with people often and it can be taken as me being hard-butted :moon::D (which I can be - especially when I was working). Hope I didn't offend you in anyway.

Originally posted by Spartana.
I know people are always VERY suprise when I open my mouth because my looks and personallity are opposites of each other. I've always looked sort of like the sporty wholesome all American girl next door who is sweet and gentle and who's goal in life is to be a cheerleader and marry the star quarterback (and this is how people who don't know me assume me to be like). But I'm am a very sardonic, wise-cracking, hard-ass kind of person who gives the withering stares that have been know to make grown men run crying for their mamas :-)! That's why I picked Michelle Rodriguez to play me even though we look nothing alike. She has that biting, wise cracking, take no crap, smack some guy up side of the head and call him an idiot, militant kind of personallity that I have.

This is the part that threw me! :laff: I just wasn't expecting it and thought to myself, "now who in the world am I familiar with in the Hollywood scene that would dovetail well to Spartana's nature". :)

Spartana
7-20-11, 4:17pm
Spartana: Yes, that's who I imagine for you.... I don't know Michele Rodriguez that much, but I can definitely picture Linda Hamilton.

Man would I love a tea party with you "characters"!~

Well I'm not as much of a lean, mean fightin' machine as her but I do have a bigger gun :-)
Me:
http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=416&d=1311192932

Her:
http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=415&d=1311192767

Spartana
7-20-11, 4:29pm
I would love to say Valerie Harper as I always thought she was SO beautiful in an exotic, interesting way when she played Rhoda. But alas, probably Sally Field - we're both petite and dark haired. I'm just not as "perky" though.

Yeah you do look like her (Sally Field)! I saw an old re-run of both Gidget and The Flying Nun the other day - andshe looks exactly the same now! It's amazing, she doesn't age at all.

Spartana
7-20-11, 4:44pm
Viggo Mortensen

I definetely see it:
http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=417&d=1311194644

Spartana
7-20-11, 5:16pm

Oh but I remember your photo from your old website and you look absolutely NOTHING like Ruth Gorden (isn't she that older lady?). I remember you a very thin, petite, very long dark hair, cute - sort of pixie-like. Kathren Ross?? A dark haired Meg Ryan?? I guess I always think of the old TV show "Maude" with Bea Arthur. Not you - looks like at least.

Spartana
7-20-11, 5:27pm
That's another whole thread....

As for me, I'll take Sam Waterston as my love interest.

OK I hate to say Viggo Mortesen but... Viggo Mortesen :-)!

shadowmoss
7-21-11, 5:04pm
Ruth Gordon in Harold and Maude is 80 (the character...). She is small and has long hair (in braids at one point). She also scores with a much younger and attractive man. So, that is what I'm working towards as I age. :)

Yes, I have waist length hair. Not as 'small' as I was 3 years ago, as I've put on some weight as my hormones have changed.

Stella
7-21-11, 7:04pm
This is my real-life love interest. My DH. My nephew once mistook Orlando Bloom for Uncle Zach, so that is probably who would play him in a movie.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/Picture465-1.jpg

Stella
7-21-11, 7:24pm
This is my little sister. I think she is an Audrey Hepburn.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_photo.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=photo.jpg)

Stella
7-21-11, 7:33pm
This is my younger DD Isabella. I can see her, both looks and personality wise, growing up to be a Helena Bonham Carter or the girl who plays Amy Pond in Dr Who. Excuse the messy face and dog nose in the pics.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_Grandmasvisit054.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=Grandmasvisit054.jpg)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_Fishingandpaperboats061.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=Fishingandpaperboats061.jpg)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_Fariesbreakfastandthelake055.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=Fariesbreakfastandthelake055.jpg)

Stella
7-21-11, 7:47pm
This is my older son James. If I don't cut his hair soon he could be played by an age regressed Art Garfunkel.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_jamesandzach.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=jamesandzach.jpg)

Stella
7-21-11, 7:57pm
This is my oldest, Cheyenne, who could be played by my mom at 7 years old.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_Cheyenne-1.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=Cheyenne-1.jpg)

and this is Travis who could be played by any random white baby off he street.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_travis-1.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=travis-1.jpg)

Mrs-M
7-21-11, 11:24pm
Stella. What an adorable (and good looking) bunch!!! So blessed you are. :) Thanks for this.

Spartana
7-22-11, 10:10am
GREAT pics Stella!! GREAT family - hunky hubby (he DOES look like Orlando Bloom) and beautiful kids!! Would like to see more people post photos here (hint, hint, hint to ya all :-)!)

Stella
7-22-11, 11:08am
Thanks guys!

Here's a picture of me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_DSCF1529-1.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=DSCF1529-1.jpg)

Sissy
7-22-11, 11:46am
if this picture doesn't post, well it is just my fault. My Beautiful GD. I think she needs to be in the movies, personally.

Stella, your youngest DD looks like Dakota Fanning!http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/269928_1427080293569_1729661635_654325_854622_n.jp g

madgeylou
7-22-11, 12:02pm
Thanks guys!

Here's a picture of me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/th_DSCF1529-1.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/?action=view&current=DSCF1529-1.jpg)

stella, i could totally see amy adams playing you!

Mighty Frugal
7-22-11, 12:34pm
I'm attempting to add a pic of me. For personality and similar looks I think either Julie Louis-Dreyfuss, Sarah Silverman or if I really want to be glam then Sandra Bullock. But IRL I'm pretty much the person who says things other just think....and I keep people laughing....and I have tons of annoying quirks.

let's see if this works. me on my own
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x111/LilyBA/IMG_1324.jpg

and here's a pic of my youngest and me after a day on the beach

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x111/LilyBA/meandandy-1.jpg

Mighty Frugal
7-22-11, 12:35pm
oops..sorry they're so big!

catherine
7-22-11, 12:59pm
stella, i could totally see amy adams playing you!

Good one, madgeylou--I thought a young Sissy Spacek for Stella, but Amy Adams works. I just like Sissy Spacek's quality better. Amy Adams seems a little detached somehow in her performances IMHO.

MF: I like your picks for yourself--which suits your personality better?

Spartana
7-22-11, 1:11pm
MF - You like like this actress to me. She plays the saucy vixen with a not-quite-heart-gold in several sci-fi series (Stargate SG1, Farscape and Lexx):
http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=418&d=1311354707

She's british and her name is Claudia Black.

Mighty Frugal
7-22-11, 1:29pm
MF - You like like this actress to me. She plays the saucy vixen with a not-quite-heart-gold in several sci-fi series (Stargate SG1, Farscape and Lexx):
http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=418&d=1311354707

She's british and her name is Claudia Black.

Spartana-SOLD!!! I'll take saucy with 'not quite heart of gold' anyday!!

Stella
7-22-11, 1:35pm
Sissy I can see the Bella/Dakota Fanning connection. Your DGD is adorable!

Madgey, my girls would LOVE it if Amy Adams played me. Enchanted is one of their favourite movies.

I like both the Amy Adams and Sissy Spacek picks.

MF, you are so pretty! That is actually pretty close to the picture I had of you in my head.

Spartana
7-22-11, 1:57pm
Spartana-SOLD!!! I'll take saucy with 'not quite heart of gold' anyday!!

Mighty Frugal: She's Austrailian not British (makes here saucier maybe :-)!). In 2004 she was voted "Hottest Sci-Fi Babe" by some prestigious sci-fi genre awards organisation. Of course that "prestigious" awards organisation is made up of horney teenage geek-boys living in their Mom's basement and watching sci-fi shows all day long - when they're not playing Dungeons and Dragons that is :-)! Here's an exept about a character she pays on SG1 - I think it sounds like your personalitiy too:

"a thief and a con artist, Vala Mal Doran is an ally of SG-1. She makes a living trading, stealing, and selling things, and though she provides weapons to shadey characters, she is something of a morally conscious arms dealer. She is brash and self-confident, and disguises her true, sensitive character with humor and innuendo." Hmmm... sounds like my personality as well :-)!

And for Stella: yep, definetly Amy Adams!!

Sissy
7-22-11, 4:13pm
mighty frugal, I vote for Amy Adams, but really all of them seem to work, lol!

Ok, I don't have a picture (well there is one for my facebook page, but I couldn't cut/paste it) of me but when I asked my girls(at different times, mind you) who they thought should play me, they rolled their eyes and wouldn't say. But I know that they meant Roseanne Barr, cuz that is what they used to call me when they didn't like what I said to them. Hmmmm........ that is not something that I aspire to!

iris lily
7-22-11, 6:29pm
Hey, there were times when I thought that Roseanne Barr was really really funny!
I still kinda like her though haven't heard form her in years.

Mrs-M
7-22-11, 11:24pm
Beautiful pictures Stella, Sissy, and Mighty Frugal. :)

reader99
7-23-11, 9:02am
Bea Arthur in a long auburn wig, only my posture is slumpy and my figure rounder.

Anne Lee
7-23-11, 12:18pm
Looks wise I'm an older cross between Rachel Maddow and Natalie Merchant now that my hair is back to being dark.

http://faculty.etsu.edu/tolleyst/weblog/nm2.jpg
Natalie Merchant
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR684kkNB-OXQQFCks1PF6WWCVczt6uYZcwICMitRz6gtv6LT_06Q
Rachel Maddow
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OogHOptob14/TitKsnSGckI/AAAAAAAAATI/bKSj5X2wv1U/Snapshot_20110723_1.JPG
Me

Spartana
7-26-11, 1:48pm
Looks wise I'm an older cross between Rachel Maddow and Natalie Merchant now that my hair is back to being dark.

http://faculty.etsu.edu/tolleyst/weblog/nm2.jpg
Natalie Merchant
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR684kkNB-OXQQFCks1PF6WWCVczt6uYZcwICMitRz6gtv6LT_06Q
Rachel Maddow
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OogHOptob14/TitKsnSGckI/AAAAAAAAATI/bKSj5X2wv1U/Snapshot_20110723_1.JPG
Me

I'd vote for Natile Merchant for you. Very similair. Same nose and face structure. Can't remember what she played in though.

Alan
7-26-11, 2:45pm
I'd vote for Natile Merchant for you. Very similair. Same nose and face structure. Can't remember what she played in though.

Cause she's not an actor. Think 10,000 Maniacs and then solo.

Spartana
7-26-11, 2:51pm
Cause she's not an actor. Think 10,000 Maniacs and then solo.

Oh that's right. Well maybe she'll be a singer turned actress then to play Anna Lee's life story. Lots of that going around these days :-)!

Mrs-M
7-26-11, 3:28pm
Anne Lee. Beautiful picture. Yep, me too, I say Natalie Merchant. :)

Mrs-M
3-6-13, 9:00am
Bump!

LOVED this thread so much, I resurrected it in hopes of seeing a few new entries added!

SteveinMN
3-6-13, 9:23am
Actor Saul Rubinek. People tell me he looks like me. I should be so lucky....

http://www.watchgmctv.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/actor_image/images-promo/actors/saulrubinek.jpg

MamaM
3-6-13, 9:33am
Sandra Bullock. I was told that is who I look like by 3 different people. I think it may be my natural goofiness. LOL :)

JaneV2.0
3-6-13, 9:53am
Rachel Maddow and Saul Rubinek--two of my favorites!

Jane, the early years: Sylvie Vartan. Later, Roseanne.

larknm
3-6-13, 10:25am
Joanne Woodward

Zoe Girl
3-6-13, 11:12am
Yoda, if I was lucky. I always wanted to be greenish

MamaM
3-6-13, 11:14am
Yoda, if I was lucky. I always wanted to be greenish

<3

Azure
3-6-13, 1:46pm
I loved seeing all the pictures!

My DH once told me I looked like Marg Helgenberg. I'm not a redhead though I've been tempted to try it out. My sister said I'm prettier than Marg but I don't know about that.

catherine
3-6-13, 1:55pm
Joanne Woodward

At least from your pic, I can definitely see that.

As for me, looks-wise, I always get Jill Clayburgh. (Just recently someone at church told someone else that I am Jill Clayburgh, and he said, 'Are you the real deal??' to which I said, 'I sure hope not because she's dead!')

I think in terms of personality / attitude /life story, Jill Clayburgh would also be a logical choice, but also someone like a cross between Sally Field and Diane Keaton.

maribeth
3-6-13, 2:02pm
Claire Danes? (Though I secretly want to be Maggie Gyllenhall)

decemberlov
3-6-13, 2:19pm
What a fun thread!!

I think I'd have to say Zooey Deschanel, although I don't really look much like her. She's quirky, slightly dorky and down to earth.

Me:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/decemberlov/me-3.jpg

Maxamillion
3-6-13, 4:08pm
Johnny Depp, but he'd have to gain a few pounds.

pcooley
3-6-13, 4:42pm
If I had a choice, I would like to have Cary Grant in the role.

Gardenarian
3-6-13, 6:24pm
I would love Holly Hunter to play me, though we don't look anything alike.

Been told I look like Renee Russo (maybe if she were a hobbit...)

Spartana
3-6-13, 9:28pm
Bengy the dog as we aree both scruffy pups but he's better groomed!

a younger me (43 ish) pigging out as always:
http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1163&d=1362623227 an older Bengi: http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1164&d=1362623562

Spartana
3-6-13, 9:40pm
Yoda, if I was lucky. I always wanted to be greenish Ha Ha. One year for halloween I went as a blue alien (this was pre-avatar but I was the same color). Took me a week to get the bright blue skin paint off my face but it was fun.

iris lily
3-6-13, 10:17pm
I would love it if Holly Hunter would play me, she is so much more petite, classy, and interesting than I am.

But the rotund, loudly swearing Roseanne Bar may be closer, yet I'm not funny like Roseanne. But I would totally marry John Goodman in any sitcom in which I performed so perhaps me 'n Roseanne are psychic twins.

Spartana
3-7-13, 3:47pm
I would love it if Holly Hunter would play me, she is so much more petite, classy, and interesting than I am.

But the rotund, loudly swearing Roseanne Bar may be closer, yet I'm not funny like Roseanne. But I would totally marry John Goodman in any sitcom in which I performed so perhaps me 'n Roseanne are psychic twins.I love Rosanne Barr! She totally cracks me up - at least in her old TV series as I haven't seen or heard much from her since then. However I remember seeing a photo of you once and you look absolutely NOTHING like her. If I remember you are pretty thin and petite so Rosanna in the looks dept isn't you. Guess we'lll have to find you a wise cracking, witty and fiery petite person to play the story of your life. Can't think of anyone now but give me time :-)! of course for all of us over 40 here we'd probably need a variety of people to play us - a young un', a middle aged one, and an old one (for the future us of course ;-)!). There is an older lady (70's?) on a Swedish TV show on PBS that someone told me I'm going to look like when I'm that age (DECADES away...sort of). She wears a bun and has bangs (hairstyle I wear a lot) but can't remember her name.

Mrs-M
3-8-13, 12:33pm
This thread is lots of fun!

iris lily
3-8-13, 9:22pm
I love Rosanne Barr! She totally cracks me up - at least in her old TV series as I haven't seen or heard much from her since then. However I remember seeing a photo of you once and you look absolutely NOTHING like her. If I remember you are pretty thin and petite so Rosanna in the looks dept isn't you. Guess we'lll have to find you a wise cracking, witty and fiery petite person to play the story of your life. Can't think of anyone now but give me time :-)! of course for all of us over 40 here we'd probably need a variety of people to play us - a young un', a middle aged one, and an old one (for the future us of course ;-)!). There is an older lady (70's?) on a Swedish TV show on PBS that someone told me I'm going to look like when I'm that age (DECADES away...sort of). She wears a bun and has bangs (hairstyle I wear a lot) but can't remember her name.

No, that was 30 lbs ago--of ourse that's the photo I still have up! haha.. But I still like Roseanne.

Gregg
3-9-13, 9:33am
George Clooney. It would be my shot to be both dashing and have a good sense of comic timing. Plus I'd just love to see my politics coming out of his face.

iris lily
3-9-13, 9:43am
George Clooney. It would be my shot to be both dashing and have a good sense of comic timing. Plus I'd just love to see my politics coming out of his face.
OMG that was funny!

domestic goddess
3-9-13, 10:03am
Gosh, I don't know, but someone TOTALLY NOT HOLLYWOOD! Who is old, fat and frumpy? Not to mention a bit grumpy?

Life_is_Simple
3-9-13, 2:59pm
probably Illeana Douglas facial-features-wise.

And a combination of these people personality-wise:

Mayim Bialik (Amy Farrah Fowler from the Big Bang Theory)
Isla Fisher (Gloria Cleary from Wedding Crashers)
Carrie Preston (Elsbeth Tascioni from the Good Wife)

Spartana
3-21-13, 12:52pm
No, that was 30 lbs ago--of ourse that's the photo I still have up! haha.. But I still like Roseanne.Ha Ha! Yep, like me who puts of photos from 5 or 10 (or more) years ago rather than recent ones - although I did have a recent one for my avatar photo awhile ago. Of course those older photos are easy to spot if you look for the dinosaurs in the background :-)!

Hey Steve - I saw that actor on an old episode(from the late 90's) of "Stargate" last night and you do look a lot lik ethe younger version of him - but you are much better looking them him IMHO and also look much younger than even the younger version I saw. I think it's the hair - which is the same.

SteveinMN
3-21-13, 10:23pm
Spartana: :thankyou: !!

cx3
3-22-13, 9:43am
Years ago I had several people tell me I look like River Phoenix.
Today however,I would more closely resemble Dom Deluise.;)

dado potato
3-30-13, 1:05pm
Bill Murray.

Wildflower
3-30-13, 5:18pm
Meryl Streep - in her role in the movie "Mamma Mia" where she plays an aging hippie/flower child. Add in some grey streaks in her long dark blonde hair and I look just like her! And I can sing too! :D

sweetana3
3-30-13, 5:39pm
I would love Dawn French but I sure don't have her comedic talent.

Rogar
3-30-13, 9:19pm
I have been told that my speaking voice sounds like Kevin Costner and I could easily aspire to his persona in a couple of my favorite movies, Field of Dreams and Dances With Wolves. I don't think anyone will be confusing me for him on the street based on looks.

iris lily
6-28-14, 11:03am
I met Amber when she and my son were in Soderbergh's movie King of the Hill. Amber was wonderful in the movie! Coincidentally, she and my son were also in the more mainstream "Bye Bye Love." She also portrayed the shy wallflower in that, too.

King of the Hill is an absolutely fantastic film--got best pick of 1993 by numerous critics--but now you can't even get it on Netflix.

Anyway, I digress. I love Amber's look.

Now I know this is resurrecting an old old thread, but I wanted catherine to know that the Criterion collection has picked up King of the Hill and reissued it in DVD and in Blue-Ray so I would expect Netflix to have it soon.

A couple of weeks ago I heard a radio interview with a panel of local St. Louis film production professionals talking about state tax credits for film making, and one of them mentioned her time on King of the Hill. I think it was Carrie Houck talking but I couldn't be sure which of the female voices it was.

catherine
6-28-14, 2:14pm
Now I know this is resurrecting an old old thread, but I wanted catherine to know that the Criterion collection has picked up King of the Hill and reissued it in DVD and in Blue-Ray so I would expect Netflix to have it soon.

A couple of weeks ago I heard a radio interview with a panel of local St. Louis film production professionals talking about state tax credits for film making, and one of them mentioned her time on King of the Hill. I think it was Carrie Houck talking but I couldn't be sure which of the female voices it was.

Oh, wow! It makes me so happy to know that it may be out there--I have no idea why it got buried the way it did, given the huge number of really bad movies out there.

Carrie Houck cast the extras for King of the Hill, but she also cast my daughter (who was along for ride with her brother that summer) in a local TV commercial! It was for a Mommy-to-Be doll--a doll that looked like a Barbie but which had a removable stomach that the kid would replace with a "baby bump." She was very sweet to us.

Selah
6-29-14, 1:32pm
People used to say I was a dead ringer for Marie Osmond, but even so, I think Carrie Fisher-off-her-meds would do a more realistic representation of me in celluloid!

Spartana
7-4-14, 6:25pm
People used to say I was a dead ringer for Marie Osmond, but even so, I think Carrie Fisher-off-her-meds would do a more realistic representation of me in celluloid!

Marie Osmond is one of those women who seems to get better with age. I don't know if it's cosmetic surgery or what, but she looks awesome (that's for you Packy ;-)!)