PDA

View Full Version : Is she interested or just being friendly?

flyboysp
7-14-11, 2:24am
There is this girl at work (Dayna) who I like and have a thing for and who I think may have a thing for me, and we both get along well with each other ( said by someone else) , for about a year now. I'd just like other people’s opinion about the whole thing, given the following

· She has on various occasions called me either Boo Boo, Big Bear, Mikey Mike or variations of my name (Michael) in Italian, which she learnt in school
· Up until 2 months ago, she had a boyfriend. The way I found out about it though at about the same time, makes it feel like it was a setup. One of my friends at work (David) let it slip to Dayna that I liked. All 3 of us were talking about random things, when I had to leave them to go back to my area (we work in a Department Store), however Dayna said to stay and keep talking. We keep talking some more when David asks how long she has been broken up with her Boyfriend.
· She does not know that I know that she knows
· I’ve kissed her on the cheek the cheek couple of times.
· We sometimes share food and drinks. We will either just take or finish each others food
· One time when her mother was in the store , she introduced me as Boo Boo ( This was when she was still with her ex)
· She asked for my mobile number, so she could show/send me something, which turned to be a photo of me pulling a face at her on her new phone. It was a period of about 1 week from when the photo was taken to me getting it. In this process i got her number, which is something I’d been after for a while
· She initiates most of the physical contact between us. This includes things like hugs particularly from behind and or when I’m not expecting it. Sometimes she will poke me or will brush my arm or butt when walking past. Furthermore sometimes she will lean her head
on my shoulders. More recently (within the last month) she has locked arms, so we are arm in arm
· Recently, on several occasions we have just stared at each other’s eyes. We were almost face to face.
· On several occasions she has asked me if I would still be her friend if she changed her hair or nail colours or something else trivial. She has also asked this to one or two other guys at work.
· 2 or 3 times in the past she has drawn love hearts on my wrists and hand.
· We almost always ask each other when they are next working to see when we are both on.
· She showed me her new tattoo the day after she got it, which involved taking most of her top off (The tattoo was on her left shoulder blade area).
· Less than a week ago, she thought I had just been or about to go to a job interview and she made/look into her eyes and promise her on mine and her life that I had not been on a job interview, and that I would tell her when I would have an n interview before hand.
Having said all that, she is the flirty type, but compared to what I know and have heard I get the “special treatment”. While I know this seems mostly positive, several months when she was still with her ex, a different friend of mine at work took it upon themselves to ask Dayna if there was anything happening between us. Apparently she said I was like “older brother” to her. From what I’ve read, being likened to an older brother is worse than being in the friend zone, however the recent escalation in physical contact and Facebook messaging, chat and sending sms’s has me confused just a bit.

herbgeek
7-14-11, 6:39am
The only way you're going to know is to talk to her, rather than asking strangers on a board who don't know you or the woman involved. What do you have to lose by asking her out for coffee?

She either really likes you or thinks you are gay! Only one way to find out.......ask her out! Good luck!

Mrs-M
7-14-11, 9:20am
Only time will tell. Play your cards close to your chest and be patient. Don't rush things. :)

jennipurrr
7-14-11, 11:52am
Ask her out! Otherwise you will never know. In my experience, when I have felt sexual tension with a person its usually spot on.

puglogic
7-14-11, 12:57pm
Ask her out! It's the only way to learn whether your instincts are right....and if you do it right, even if she turns you down it's no biggie. But keep your head clear. This is, after all, a woman who was flirting with you while still in a relationship with another man. Would you be okay if she did that to you?

loosechickens
7-14-11, 1:50pm
Yeah, just ask her out for coffee or lunch, or to see a movie....nothing heavy or romantic, but a chance to get to know each other better. Nothing ventured, nothing gained has always seemed the best path, to me.

What is the worst that could happen? You say, "hey, would you like to go out to lunch some day next week?" or something similar, and she says "no". Could you live with that? If so, go for it.

She certainly sounds as though she's sending out a few flirty messages, and you'll have to move on to asking her out to see if that's just "general" flirting, or if she's sending you a special message of interest.

Good luck.....

kally
7-14-11, 2:07pm
Cmon Big Bear, grab the bull by the horns and ask her out. You can do it.

chrisgermany
7-15-11, 8:18am
One more vote for "ask her out" - and please let us know her answer!

mattj
7-18-11, 8:06am
Yeah, stop torturing yourself with "what if's" and second guessing. Go find out!

FYI, after what you've said here I'd be pretty "blunt" or straight forward about it... Like, "Hey, I like you, you like me. Let's go on a date! How about this movie and this place for dinner on this day?" - be specific about the movie and dinner but open to any alternatives she might suggest.