PDA

View Full Version : My cat is two faced

herbgeek
7-22-11, 6:53am
5:45 am, I hear this odd meowing from one of the cats. She's either in distress or has a rodent in her mouth. I go outside to investigate, and find she's about 15-20 feet up in one of our oak trees on a branch. Her pitiful meowing convinces me that she's scared, and can't get down on her own. Coaxing her does nothing. So I go to haul the ladder out of the shed.

Meanwhile hubby comes out, laughs at her, and tells her to jump (as he's putting the ladder against the tree to rescue her). I don't know if she's insulted or doesn't want him to see her vulnerability, but she starts the climb down on her own, really fast. The other times she's climbed down a tree, its been an inch at a time, with much protestation. When she finally gets down within reach of the ladder, she won't let him pick her up, she jumps from there.

Funny how she convinced me she couldn't do it, but she wasn't going to let hubby see that she couldn't do it. :laff:

jania
7-22-11, 9:44am
I think cats just enjoy seeing what they can make us do!

Kat
7-22-11, 10:03am
Haha! Little stinker! Maybe she just wanted to impress your DH. :-) I don't see my one cat all day long, but as soon as DH comes home, she comes out of hiding and is all purrs and cuddles with him. Daddy's girl!

Sad Eyed Lady
7-22-11, 10:37am
Cats! Can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em!

kitten
7-22-11, 1:08pm
On another board I frequent, there's a certain standard response that characteristically pops up on cat threads: "Cats are weird." :)))

Kestrel
7-22-11, 1:27pm
Nah, cats aren't weird. We're weird, but they put up with us and secretly laugh at us. They may "love" us, but that love revolves around cat food and a warm bed. One of our cats and I have conversations (meowing) and she seems to know what I'm saying, even if I don't. I tried "talking" with one of our other cats, and he stared at me rather suspiciously and jumped down. I have no idea what I said, but he wasn't intersted ...

H-work
7-22-11, 1:39pm
Our cat was stuck in an 100-foot tree for 11 days. I was worried sick for him. 2 times the fire department tried to get him. He would just climb higher when anyone got near him. He was so high up, we couldn't even catch a glimpse of him. He's a tabby and blended right in. Day 11, he showed up on the porch, crying for food, then gobbled down a whole can of food. Then the little stinker, wanted to go back outside again.

iris lily
7-22-11, 1:52pm
Cats lie all the time. They've lied to me about being fed "Oh no we've not been fed and we are STARVING" when if fact someone else HAS fed them.

Although I will say that my current batch of cats are honest, and Rachel is downright responsible. Hard to imagine a cat who takes responsibility seriously, but she does. I could probably hire her out to babysit toddlers.

iris lily
7-22-11, 1:53pm
Our cat was stuck in an 100-foot tree for 11 days. I was worried sick for him. 2 times the fire department tried to get him. He would just climb higher when anyone got near him. He was so high up, we couldn't even catch a glimpse of him. He's a tabby and blended right in. Day 11, he showed up on the porch, crying for food, then gobbled down a whole can of food. Then the little stinker, wanted to go back outside again.

OMG, now that would have been scary and horrifying. What a story!

Anne Lee
7-22-11, 9:20pm
Cats lie all the time. They've lied to me about being fed "Oh no we've not been fed and we are STARVING" when if fact someone else HAS fed them.

Although I will say that my current batch of cats are honest, and Rachel is downright responsible. Hard to imagine a cat who takes responsibility seriously, but she does. I could probably hire her out to babysit toddlers.

Well, with a name like Rachel what do you expect? Now if her name was, oh, something like Lulu, I would change all my passwords, lock up the credit cards and hide the spare keys. You just KNOW she is going to end up having kittens, even after she's spayed.

pony mom
7-22-11, 10:50pm
My late cat, a female, adored my dad. The females in the family, not so much. They're such characters.

Have you seen the Simon's Cat videos? So true--this guy really knows cats.

www.simonscat.com

kally
7-22-11, 11:12pm
Cats rule our worlds.

iris lily
7-23-11, 12:11pm
Well, with a name like Rachel what do you expect? Now if her name was, oh, something like Lulu, I would change all my passwords, lock up the credit cards and hide the spare keys. You just KNOW she is going to end up having kittens, even after she's spayed.

ha ha ha that is funny, and lord yes I am happy she's not a Lulu.