PDA

View Full Version : my zoe

Zoe Girl
7-27-11, 10:20pm
HI all, I took my doggie zoe to the vet today (the reason behind my screen name). She is 10 1/2 now and really slowing down. So we are waiting on blood work but they did see one hip had a lump which is causing her limping. It is so odd to see her slow down and not run after the squirrel every morning like a puppy. She is lab/shepherd mix and if you have a lab you will understand.

Anyway this morning she was really lethargic and had sneezed out some blood on the kitchen floor. She didn't eat until I got wet food for her, she has a broken tooth probably from the fence she eats and everything else she has chewed on over the years. I was so nervous to leave her but after work she had perked up and was able to get out into the yard. Still at this age I am realistic and know we probably don't have that much more time with her.

it is okay, just showing her lots of love and we have some medicine for the inflammation in her hip.

rodeosweetheart
7-27-11, 10:37pm
I'm sorry to hear your doggie is getting older. I hear you--it is so tough to watch. I wish dogs lived much, much longer.

Wildflower
7-28-11, 4:12am
Awww, it's hard when they get old. Lost our 10 year old sheltie a couple years ago to bladder cancer. It was heartbreaking. We weren't ready to live without her yet and I don't think she was ready to go either. We all wanted more time.... Got a new puppy a few months ago. She fills that lonely spot and I know our old girl would be happy to know that we are with dog again. :)

cdttmm
7-28-11, 7:13am
Sorry to hear about your dog Zoe Girl! We have three in our household and they are truly like members of the family. I, too, wish dogs, cats, and other creatures that I become attached to lived much longer. One of our cats has mid-stage renal failure, which we are aggressively treating. He's sitting in my lap right now and I will miss him dearly when he is gone. I'm hoping it will be a few more years...

puglogic
7-28-11, 9:11am
Zoe Girl, treasure every minute you have with her -- we are so blessed to have them for a little while. Mine are now 11 and 9, and so I'll be facing the same slowdown as time goes by. Mine sometimes will refuse food until it's soft too, and so we had his teeth cleaned (we never had) and found that he had two really loose, not-so-healthy teeth we took out. Now he's as good as new.

Gardenarian
7-28-11, 4:33pm
Zoe girl, it is so hard to see our best friends getting old - so much faster than we are.
I lost my precious dog last year and still cry for him everyday (and I'm not a sentimental, crying type person - usually.)