PDA

View Full Version : Former co-worker killed yesterday

redfox
7-29-11, 6:51pm
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015760594_cyclist29m.html

I worked at PATH with this dynamic person a few years ago - didn't know him well. He's married, the father of two young children, and an incredible photographer. Please hold him and his family in your prayers. Thanks.

Greg44
7-29-11, 8:24pm
So sorry to read this. Also being an occasional bike commuter - I am always thinking about this, fortuantely I can avoid most high traffic areas. Our thoughts and prayers with his family. GT

saguaro
8-1-11, 12:38pm
I am so sorry to hear about your former coworker.

Float On
8-1-11, 1:05pm
I hope there has been some development in the hit and run aspect. What pain his family must feel to know that someone just.....drove off.

Gizmo
8-1-11, 4:34pm
Yeah, I read about that. Very scary, as I'm a bike commuter too.

lhamo
8-1-11, 5:07pm
Dexter is really a scary street. I used to drive by there fairly regularly (DSis worked in the area and Dbro lived on Queen Anne), and was always struck by how hazardous it was for bikers. What a tragedy. Thoughts with his family and friends....

lhamo

djen
8-1-11, 5:16pm
The memorial there on the corner is beautiful. I've never seen anything like that here. I hope it makes people slow down and think...

redfox
8-1-11, 11:37pm
No word yet on ID'ing the driver. I am deeply sobered every time I see a cyclist. I was aware before - now I feel protective. His wife gave an interview over the weekend - how she did it, I don't know - it is just so so sad.

PATH put up a pledge site for his kids:
http://www.path.org/news/an110801-wang.php

crunchycon
8-2-11, 6:26am
I'm very sorry to hear this. We've had a couple of bicycle commuters (one a big bicycle activist in our city) killed in this way also. Very tragic indeed.

Stella
8-2-11, 7:58am
How awful! I have added his family to my prayer list.

redfox
8-2-11, 11:51am
How awful! I have added his family to my prayer list.

THANK YOU!