PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling very accomplished!

elyria
7-31-11, 12:37am
I am very new to the simple living lifestyle (as in a ten days) and I have recently begun the decluttering process for my family of five, here's the list so far:

200 books
3 large boxes of toys
5 boxes of clothes
17 pairs of shoes
2 nightstands
1 bookshelf

I'm also no where near done!

iris lily
7-31-11, 1:16am
wow, so many books! good for you! Many find those the hardest to part with.

leslieann
7-31-11, 7:54am
Good for you! Yeah, I agree with IL about the books. I am letting mine go, but it is a gradual process. I have changed my career focus significantly and I realize that holding the old books is a way of staying connected to my old work but I don't actually need the books, and I don't need them to remember. But it is still hard. Each one requires some sort of process. So 200 in one swoop sounds really impressive to me! You might like to post your totals on the August decluttering thread that goldensmom opened up.

Float On
7-31-11, 6:22pm
Great job!

elyria
8-1-11, 12:08am
I realized that a lot of those books were ones I swore I'd read when I "had time" - but that when I did have time, those weren't the books I was picking up. I'm taking them with me to class on Tuesday so I can give them away.

Kat
8-1-11, 6:08am
Awesome job! Keep clearing stuff out--it feels great! :-)

Marianne
9-14-11, 10:33am
Send those books this way!! I love books and love to read. We even have a library in our house. I haven't bought any for a long time, but DS#1 had several boxes of books he wanted to keep that he left here. Most of them are travel related or religious studies from when he got his degree. Interesting stuff.