PDA

View Full Version : August Rants

Stella
8-2-11, 6:45pm
What part of "the boys are sleeping, you can play in the house as long as you are really, really quiet" means "invite your friend to go with you into my room, where the baby is sleeping, dig through clothes to play dress up, steal my stuff and wake the baby up?" Really? You know better than that, girls! I was going to take a nap. I've been up since before dawn! >:(

Mrs-M
8-2-11, 7:17pm
ROTFLMAO! Not really Stella, but you know what I mean. :) (I'm laughing from a mom standpoint having lived through the same). Nothing like understanding other mothers trials and tribulations wholly and completely!

Believe it or not, even having six children of my own, I still don't really (fully) understand a child's way of thinking. Sure, I understand many things child related, but some things still elude and baffle me in the kid department, like a child's mind. Like the part about them having a really, really, really SHORT MEMORY SPAN!

How short you ask? How about this short. "Honey, can you take out the garbage and set it out at the curbside for mommy, please"? I even make things easy for them, Stella, I set the big plastic bag right in front of the door. (They have to literally trip over the bag to enter or leave the house). Fast forward 5 minutes. Kid comes running into kitchen, sits down on floor to put shoes on, then runs AROUND, big plastic garbage bag sitting on floor right in front of them, and out the door they go empty-handed! :laff: Drives me insane!!! >8)

Fawn
8-2-11, 8:31pm
The HEAT.

At the end of the workday, I am a limp, shadow of my former self.

Tradd
8-2-11, 8:47pm
Due to the merger and upcoming move at work, our receptionist was laid off. So, it's automated menu now. Why can't people tell me they need to talk to a specific person, BEFORE thinking I can help them (when they've never spoken to me before) and are reeling off a reference number I don't even recognize? And on top of that, the person speaks such broken English, I'm having a VERY difficult time understanding her and person gets peeved when I politely ask her to repeat what she just said as I can't understand her.

ARGH!

We all have direct dial phone numbers, but some customers REFUSE - I tell you, they just REFUSE, to use them!

ARGH!

Fawn
8-2-11, 10:49pm
Due to the merger and upcoming move at work, our receptionist was laid off. So, it's automated menu now. Why can't people tell me they need to talk to a specific person, BEFORE thinking I can help them (when they've never spoken to me before) and are reeling off a reference number I don't even recognize? And on top of that, the person speaks such broken English, I'm having a VERY difficult time understanding her and person gets peeved when I politely ask her to repeat what she just said as I can't understand her.

ARGH!We all have direct dial phone numbers, but some customers REFUSE - I tell you, they just REFUSE, to use them!

ARGH!

Oh! Do you mean our new Hospice phone tree????

"If you are a Hospice patient with an pain problem dial 1"
"If you are a Hospice patient with a bowel problem dial 2"
"If you are a Hospice patient with an agitation/delirium problem dial 3"

...I am NOT kidding.....

treehugger
8-3-11, 12:39pm
It's my birthday and I am at work, having bad cramps and a backache, and deep in the depression phase of my period. Sigh.

Kara

Bastelmutti
8-4-11, 10:03am
Really this was in July, but it's carried over into August. I got bifocals. Really progressives. And I'm still trying to get a grip on how to use them properly. My kids bust me taking them off instead of looking down to see up close, which was the point of getting them. Computer work seems the toughest to navigate, and that's my livelihood. Hope my eyes stop feeling tired soon! Then there's the "getting old" factor of getting them. Sigh.

Merski
8-7-11, 7:19am
Bastelmutti, I have progressives and love them...however....I use magnifying glasses to work on the computer because my home screen is high and I had to tilt my head to read what I saw on the computer screen. This gave me a very sore neck. So check the height of your set up or change to mag glasses for when you are exclusively using the computer.

Float On
8-7-11, 9:08am
Agh!!!! Our AC went out. Spent $170 on a 'hardstart kit' and service call with no guarantee that it would hold. Compressor is going. That 'hardstart kit' bought us 4 hours of coolness and it went down again. Now we need a $1500 compressor on a 20 year old heatpump....or better yet a new unit ($3000 plus) and we really have no extra money for this at all right now.

razz
8-7-11, 1:18pm
These have been collecting and I feel somewhat witchy for thinking them.

Why does DH simply park his fanny and sit and wait for his lunch to be prepared. He can pour the tea, set the table etc but unless I ask him every dayand every meal, he does not do so. Why?

On the road today, two tractors with implements behind them were travelling slowly on a curving road with wide shoulders. Why don't they move to the shoulder periodically and let the huge buildup of vehicles pass and then move back on? I know that farmers have to move machinery and generally understand but not for the speed that they were travelling and the wide shoulders this time, no.

Gardenarian
8-11-11, 8:51pm
Kara - just read your post! Belated Happy birthday and I hope you are feeling better!
(We are almost birthday twins - mine is 8/5 - and I'm considerably older. Menopause is SUCH a blessing!)

treehugger
8-12-11, 11:45am
Kara - just read your post! Belated Happy birthday and I hope you are feeling better!
(We are almost birthday twins - mine is 8/5 - and I'm considerably older. Menopause is SUCH a blessing!)

Thanks, and happy belated birthday to a fellow Leo. :D

Last week was pretty yucky, but on Sunday we went to see a special Bali exhibit at the SF Asian Art Museum (first the first Sunday of every month, thanks to Target!) and that was wonderful, so I had a good birthday after all. My new avatar is me as a tiger barong (protective deity) from the resource center at the museum. The barong matches a small one (complete with its own temple) that I inherited from my grandparents. I never knew what it was called until seeing it at the museum. My grandparents and mom lived there in the 50s, so I grew up with a lot of Balinese art, and I now I have a lot in my home.

Oh, and yeah, I can't wait for menopause!

Kara