PDA

View Full Version : Women who have lips enlarged

CathyA
8-3-11, 5:21pm
I've been seeing a few actresses who have ridiculously large upper lips which have obviously been surgically enlarged. I don't understand this. Its not even attractive. Why do women have this done, when it looks just plain silly?

IshbelRobertson
8-3-11, 6:03pm
In the UK, we refer to these deluded women (mostly actresses or chavs) as having a 'trout pout'.

puglogic
8-3-11, 7:05pm
In the UK, we refer to these deluded women (mostly actresses or chavs) as having a 'trout pout'.

I laughed so hard at this, Ishbel..... thank you.

kally
8-3-11, 8:02pm
http://hollywoodfail.com/2009/09/21/10-bad-celebrity-lips/
bad celebrity lips. What gives eh?

loosechickens
8-3-11, 8:18pm
I think this is SO ugly.......around here, we call 'em "labia lips", which, I am sure, is what you're supposed to be thinking of, subliminally.........

ugly, ugly, ugly.....some are almost deformed.

iris lily
8-3-11, 9:14pm
So here's my question: are these deformities permanent? I thought that botox goes away. Are these lip surgeries something different than shootin' them full o' botox, stuff that dissipates over time?

I can't help but think of the "look" of the late 60's & early 70's which was beautiful delicate blond WASPY women with pale skin and straight shiney blond hair and thin lips: Michelle Phillips for one characterized that. Brittany Murphy and Meg Ryan would have been perfect 60's princesses. I think even Michelle Pfeiffer had her lips done in some film, don't know for sure. What a bad idea when you are the most beautiful woman on the planet. Nicole Kidman's face distracted many viewers in Rabbit Hole but actually, it didn't bother me.

Now it's so weird to see that same natural "look" bowdlerized into something faux ethnic. Why can't WASPY girls be WASPY and ethnic girls be ethnic? There are Michael JAckson and his sisters snipping and trimming to reduce volume, while the WASP girls add volume.

It is all so stupid.

CathyA
8-3-11, 9:18pm
I just have no clue why women have this done. I don't think I'd go out in public with some of these lips............let alone be an actress.
I thought it was permanent, but maybe its not. Don't know much about it except its UGLY!

Float On
8-3-11, 11:50pm
Lip injections and Botox treatments do not last longer than a few months and have to be re-done semi-annually to keep the effects.
Lip augmentation uses a permanent filler that does not get absorbed and is therefore stuck on your face for all time.
It looks like an addiction problem.

iris lily
8-4-11, 12:13am
Lip injections and Botox treatments do not last longer than a few months and have to be re-done semi-annually to keep the effects.
Lip augmentation uses a permanent filler that does not get absorbed and is therefore stuck on your face for all time.
It looks like an addiction problem.

ah, thanks for that info. So it sounds as though some of those poor chicks have permanently puffed lips. I am very disappointed in Meggy Ryan, she's so cute, but there are recent photos of her as a bag of bones with trout lips. God just gain 10 lbs and ditch the lips and be beautiful!

Mrs-M
8-4-11, 12:39am
I don't fancy anything artificial or superficial. Keep it natural is my adage. Lip enlargement/augmentation, totally ugly! Freakishly ugly!

Sissy
8-4-11, 12:59pm
can I say "eewwww". Most of these girls/women were so pretty before.

Mrs-M
8-4-11, 2:44pm
My husband and I briefly talked about this last night, and he brought up one of his Hollywood loves, Lisa Rinna, and sure enough, after going in and looking at pictures of her, her lips make her look horrid.

Spartana
8-4-11, 2:46pm
same with Melanie Griffith. She was so cute and sexy when she was younger but now has giant fishlips! Looks terrible. And to think poor Antonia Bandaras has to kiss her (instead of me - gosh darn it!)

crunchycon
8-4-11, 3:40pm
http://hollywoodfail.com/2009/09/21/10-bad-celebrity-lips/
bad celebrity lips. What gives eh?

And, without exception, the before pictures were much prettier.

Anne Lee
8-4-11, 8:40pm
I would bet the reason they do it is to plump up the lip lines. You know, those lovely little cracks around your mouth, especially if you are smoker? I would suspect that many of these women smoke to help control their weight. Plus, isn't collagen eventually absorbed by the body? So maybe they get them extra fluffy to compensate for, er... shrinkage.

I dunno. Never had it, never will.

And yes, they all looked better pre-lip fluff, but they were also younger. It's easy to look good when you are young. After considering the cosmetic surgery question, I've decided the only way I would get it was if I felt I needed it to be competitive in the job market. Maybe.

pony mom
8-5-11, 11:10pm
How 'bout Priscilla Caputo? I think this disaster is all she's famous for.

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/2010/09/06/her-name-is-priscilla-caputo/

Wildflower
8-6-11, 3:27am
I don't get the big puffy lip look....it's a strange fad for sure!

CathyA
8-6-11, 9:22am
Priscilla looks like Daffy Duck!

JaneV2.0
8-8-11, 11:05am
I'm a big fan of plastic surgery--as long as I can't tell you've had it. I get a face lift. I don't get trout lips at all.

Jemima
8-9-11, 3:15pm
This grosses me out, too: http://tinyurl.com/3ru2t52

kally
8-9-11, 3:49pm
well it is weird, but strangely cute. On the right person it might be nice.

This grosses me out, too: http://tinyurl.com/3ru2t52

Mrs-M
8-9-11, 7:49pm
Makes my skin crawl, this sort of stuff.

axis9313
8-9-11, 11:42pm
I heard recently that Lisa Rinna had her trout lip implants removed.

Mrs-M
8-10-11, 7:51am
I'll never understand beautiful people playing around with natural beauty and attributes.

Mrs-M
8-10-11, 7:52am
I heard recently that Lisa Rinna had her trout lip implants removed.Uh-ugh, no, not telling DH about that! :laff:

chrisganon
8-12-11, 6:32pm
Self image issues of course. Nothing wrong with this though.

reader99
8-13-11, 8:51am
As I get older my lips seem thinner. I wouldn't mind just a TEENY bit plumper, nothing dramatic. At the rate they are going, they will soon almost vanish.

Tenngal
8-13-11, 9:21am
I've always had thing lips and now that I am 55, they are truly disappearing. Too chicken to do anything drastic........

Reyes
8-13-11, 11:29am
I don't fancy anything artificial or superficial. Keep it natural is my adage.

I feel the same way, and often times find myself wondering where the line is. Do you consider make-up artificial? Hair coloring? Hair styling products?

Mrs-M
8-13-11, 11:58am
Originally posted by Mrs-M.
I don't fancy anything artificial or superficial. Keep it natural is my adage.

Originally posted by Reyes.
I feel the same way, and often times find myself wondering where the line is. Do you consider make-up artificial? Hair coloring? Hair styling products? Yes, I do, anything altering or changing is artificial, i.e. makeup, hair-colouring agents/dyes, styling gels/hairsprays, etc, but, IMO, it's when people permanently alter their natural born features to resemble something else or obliterate them entirely from ones natural genetic makeup, now that's artificial!

Mrs-M
8-13-11, 12:01pm
To add, what a riot it is when a 70 or 80 year old woman has her chin and face tucked and stretched and pulled, but the rest of her says, I'm 100 years old! LMAO! What a hoot! Who's kidding who...

Gingerella72
8-13-11, 12:55pm
These women live in a bubble of Hollywood mentality, completely separated from reality. And right now the in thing is to have these horrid lips. They see everyone around them doing the same thing and have to compete to look better. Of course, no one dares tell them the truth, that they look like deformed fish.