PDA

View Full Version : August gratitude

puglogic
8-10-11, 6:01pm
Okay, I'll start! :D

I'm grateful that, although it's been hot, it hasn't been so hot that we must flee the house for the back porch until bed time, which happens most years. Grateful for the simple treats of summer, like freshly-made lemonade, salads right out of the garden, outdoor movies at Red Rocks, and warm sunsets on the deck. Lots of turmoil in my life right now, but simple things like this keep me anchored.

Lainey
8-10-11, 8:02pm
I'm grateful for the 1-800-Got-Junk workers on the Hoarders TV shows. I'm in awe of what they are able to accomplish in hauling away tons of junk, and that they seem to always do it with respect and patience and compassion.
I also wrote an e-mail to their corporate office praising them from those of us in TVLand who admire what they do. It's a tough job not many would want.

razz
8-10-11, 8:31pm
I just sent my siblings an August gratitude email letter. This month seems to me to be the most wonderful month of the year. We arrived in Canada in August and I am grateful to my parents for bringing us to here. The weather is wonderful with summer temps but the humidity and longterm high temps are over, the evenings are so wonderfully refreshing, the fruits and veggies are just pouring out of the gardens, the trees are so lush and green, my energy is back up and we can do the things that need doing around the house. I made my pickles today. I think that August is my favourite month of the year!

Gardenarian
8-10-11, 9:44pm
I'm grateful that my brother and his wife came out to visit. It was really great to see them on our home turf - we usually only meet up at my mom's and we all act like a bunch of bratty kids.
It's good to know that we can relate to each other as sane adults, and actually enjoy each other's company!

Gardenarian
8-11-11, 8:53pm
I am so thankful for my job today! The people I work with are kind and smart and fun, and I'm doing work that makes a difference. Thank you Goddess!

!pow!

(I have no idea what this emoticon means but it kind of spoke to me today)

Mighty Frugal
8-24-11, 4:37pm
I'm grateful that it is finally starting to cool down and I feel autumn in the breeze. Mmmm conjures up images of crisp apples, spooky Halloween, merino wool and me looking ever so dashing in my tartan cape..oh and not having to apply fake tanner on my legs will be just heavenly!!!

Stella
8-24-11, 6:25pm
Mighty Frugal, fall is my favourite time of the year! I am looking forward to it too.

I seriously need to focus on gratitude eight now. I've been overtired and a little edgy and restless lately.

I am grateful to have a husband who worked a 70 hour week by Friday and over the weekend surprised me with flowers, got up with the baby, took me and the older kids to see Captain America and took me out on a date Sunday night even though he had to get up at 3:00AM Monday morning. He's a keeper for sure.

I am grateful for my friends who have been amazingly helpful to me lately!

I'm grateful that Teething Boy is napping. Both of us needed that.

I'm grateful for my Dad, who took the baby boys Monday night so I could take the big girls to the science museum to see the King Tut exhibit, and who will most likely take the baby this evening so I can watch the older kids by the pool.

While I will admit that the almost constant socializing this summer has me a little worn out, I am grateful that we have so many fantastic friends. I'm never really lonely.

Also, while I am worn out by the crazy hours my husband is working this summer, I'm grateful for the money and the fact that we should be able to get through the entire winter, including his last semester of school, without either of us working. And that in spite of the fact that we are taking three trips this winter, one of them three weeks long. I'm grateful that these hours will carry us through the next year with our no-copay, no premium union health insurance too.

treehugger
8-24-11, 7:03pm
I'm very grateful that the main client I work for at my job keeps throwing work at us. We can't really keep up with it, but that is a good problem to have. Job security in an insecure world.

Kara

Florence
8-25-11, 7:35am
I am grateful that I am able to enjoy retirement. We have enough--enough money to pay the bills, good enough health to enjoy life, enough interesting things to do.

Florence
8-26-11, 3:27pm
I am so grateful for the 1/2 inch rain we received yesterday. Our parched state needs rain so much.

puglogic
8-26-11, 3:53pm
I am grateful for where we live, and grateful that we may have the gift of living somewhere even better soon.

I'm grateful for being awash in ripe tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, basil, potatoes, tuscan kale, and so much more.

Grateful to carry the inner sense that I have enough. It's wonderful.

DarkStar
8-26-11, 5:19pm
I'm grateful that I'm getting a sense of where I'll be with my new career. I graduate in December and it's been a little up in the air. I'm finally really seeing my next steps, I think.

And I'm grateful that I finally had a chance to speak to a friend I hadn't been able to speak to all summer. It was only a brief exchange, but it was a relief, to both of us I think, to be able to talk face to face once again.