PDA

View Full Version : January Journal of Chores

Gina
1-8-11, 7:25pm
I'm somewhat housekeeping challenged and am starting this thread to keep track of some of the chores I'm doing, and as they say, misery loves company. So join me and add anything that you've accomplished either indoors or outdoors, from dishes to tree-trimming.

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=159&d=1294388533This morning I've put in a load of laundry, did the dishes, http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=167&d=1294531898

and in honor of Mrs-M, swept and spot-cleaned the wood floors. http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=163&d=1294531775

kib
1-8-11, 8:01pm
Lol. After my hair experiments, the bathroom looks like an abattoir. Tomorrow, I swear, is bathroom clean up day - with bleach.

Love the smilies!

Mrs-M
1-8-11, 8:09pm
You just put the biggest smile on my face Gina! :D (Thank you). I LOVE your washing dishes/mopping the floor action smilies way too much! How did you do that?

Closet washing.
Organizing Christmas decorations and things.

Terri
1-9-11, 4:36am
Sunday's my big housework day this week, so...

Dishes and tidied the kitchen
1 load of laundry done and hung to dry, and previous clean laundry put away
Tidied and vacuumed the living room
Cleaned the spare bedroom and stripped the sheets to wash later
Cleared off the night table and top of the dresser in my bedroom

Laurel
1-9-11, 9:41am
So far this morning - my own laundry is in the wash. (Purex unscented plus a couple of drops of Method Fresh Air softener) Later today, master bedroom is getting a good dusting.

Yesterday, both bathrooms were quickly cleaned. Family room dusted & windexed. Stove, microwave & kitchen sink cleaned. I did 6 loads of laundry (for pay!) for one of the young adult kids.

Gina
1-9-11, 1:31pm
You just put the biggest smile on my face Gina! :D (Thank you). I LOVE your washing dishes/mopping the floor action smilies way too much! How did you do that?

Closet washing.
Organizing Christmas decorations and things.

You're welcome. :)

I found the 'working' smilies here: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys-chores-001.php

To use them you could either book-mark the site, or left-click and save them onto your computer, add them to an album here, then fetch them when needed. Not the easiest, but it only takes a few extra seconds to post a message, retrieve a smilie from my 'smilie album', hit latest posts, and edit it in. I stole the idea from Kib's smilie album. :)

As to todays' chores, I have another load of laundry going. http://www.simplelivingforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=164&d=1294531809

It's gorgeous here today so I also want to do some yard work.

Mrs-M
1-9-11, 11:52pm
Boy oh boy Gina, your action smilies are a hoot!!! ROTFLMAO! Thanks for explaining how to apply them. Going to give it a whirl.

Dhiana
1-10-11, 12:08am
Cleaned out the photos & documents from the old laptop to take it to the electronic recycling place.

Watched the Packers beat the Eagles! WooHoo!!

Made Chicken Fajitas for dinner for my DH.

Put away clean dishes.

Mrs-M
1-10-11, 12:19am
Well, no such luck Gina. It's way over my head. I bookmarked the link you supplied but have had no such luck posting/applying any of the action smilies to my message.

Bastelmutti
1-10-11, 10:22am
Put the dishes through this AM, then a load of the kids' clothes in the washer. One more load to go, then I can start on sheets and towels. When the kids' clothes are washed, I need to spend some time building an IKEA dresser for DD2 & then their clothes will be easier to organize in separate dressers. Later on, change sheets.

Gina
1-10-11, 1:20pm
(Mrs-M, it took some time for me to figure it out too. Alternately, if you see a smilie you like posted here, a shortcut to keeping it would be to hit 'reply with quote' on the message containing the smilie, then copy the entire smilie [img] thingie (not the whole message), then c/p that somewhere in your own profile - perhaps in a message to yourself that would be easy to retrieve. Might save bandwith space too.)

This morning I cleaned the toilets, and now am going to hang some laundry.

Terri
1-11-11, 2:48am
Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen and swept the floor. Nothing today since I'm in a hotel.

Urchina
1-11-11, 7:18pm
Yesterday was my main laundry day. Seven loads washed and folded later and the baskets are empty....

Today is baking day. Bread is rising on the stove and I am about to go organize 2010 photos (digital, on Picasa). Planned menus for the next two weeks; also plan to write thank-you cards today (which I'll go do right now...)

janharker
1-11-11, 7:49pm
I cleaned the exhaust vents in the bathroom, the one over the shower and the one over the toilet. Way too dusty. Then I took all the ornaments off the Christmas tree. Taking down the tree is a 2-person job. Maybe tomorrow with DH.

Terri
1-12-11, 4:21am
Jan, what a good thing to do with the exhaust vents... I've been staying in a variety of hotels lately, and in almost every one I find myself looking at the exhaust vent and wondering if it's ever been cleaned since the hotel was built.

Gina
1-13-11, 12:22pm
This morning I picked up and put away a few misc things. Washed the dishes, wiped the counters and stove, and took out the garbage.

Tasks for today - fill one green can, and clean one shelf in the fridge.

edit: I ended up cleaning 2 fridge levels/shelves - it just made more sense since to do the next lower shelf, I'd have to remove that same shelf and contents again. Good news and bad news.... lots went into the trash.

The upper shelves should be easier since they are both higher-up, and come out in 'halves' unlike the entire bottom assembly.

Terri
1-16-11, 1:00am
Cleaned the bathroom today - sink, toilet, mirrors - and also washed down the shower stall. Took the recycling downstairs with me when I headed out this afternoon.

I also bought a second clothes drying rack yesterday so that I could do more than one load of lundry at a time, so two loads are hung out to dry now.

ETA: I really need to do dishes before the end of today.

Terri
1-17-11, 3:53am
OK, so I was a day late with the dishes. But they're done now.

Stella
1-21-11, 4:15pm
I have cleaned the kitchen today. That sounds so wimpy when I say it but after all my pregnancy restrictions, which are now somewhat lifted, it felt so good. I so totally needed that!