PDA

View Full Version : All ready to barter and no one to trade with...

Anda
8-15-11, 7:13pm
I have a bunch of items that I'd like to re-home. I'd love to barter them for items I need, but I can't seem to find anyone willing to trade. I've tried ad sites and community boards but I haven't gotten any play. Suggestions?

ApatheticNoMore
8-15-11, 10:15pm
Craigslist? Could just sell on Ebay but that's no longer barter.

peggy
8-16-11, 2:12pm
Didn't there used to be a barter forum? Maybe that was the old boards. Perhaps if you posted what you want to barter in products? I don't know if that is allowed but maybe try.

By the way, I like your tag line about kids. funny!

catherine
8-16-11, 3:25pm
What about joining Freecycle.org? I LOVE that group. You'll probably eventually find what you want, and you'll be able to get rid of your stuff as well

Anda
8-16-11, 8:26pm
Thanks for responding! I've been on Craig's List for a while now and just keep trying. I'm also a member of Freecycle. Over the past 3 years, I haven't seen anything that would be useful to me, though I've offered a lot of things. (The other day, I re-homed a giant pile of egg cartons.) I'm just a little reluctant to give away all of my "good stuff" without getting anything at all in return. Maybe I'm jaded... :/

Glad you like my sig, Peggy! It's one of my favorite lines. :)

Dhiana
8-18-11, 11:13am
I have a perfectly good box tv I'd like to sell/barter or even just give away but there is simply no market for it. I can't even give it away.
The only thing that can be done with it is to take it to the recycling place.

Sometimes that happens with things. We perceive they have value but the market says otherwise.
Hope you are able to find a home for your items or at least recycle them to the best of your ability.

ApatheticNoMore
8-19-11, 2:30am
There is always the "leaving things on the curb" method. Of course if noone will even take them then, then yes they have no value.