PDA

View Full Version : Haven't I seen you somewhere?

mamalatte
8-21-11, 10:59pm
Hello All - I am a very long-time lurker but have seldom posted. My name on the old list was doglover, not sure if I ever posted though--maybe once or twice. As I've seen a few other people mention here, I especially loved the "I have enough" forum and found much inspiration there.

I was curious what other discussion groups or websites people frequent -- I am partially asking because I think that I have seen some of the rather unique names from this forum in some of the other spots I occasionally hang out, and was wondering whether you are the same people. I am mostly thinking of mothering.com (especially the Adoption and Fostering forum) and more recently, some support groups around family/friends dealing with bipolar disorder (wish I didn't need to visit those, but glad they are there). I also enjoy listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio lately, although I don't participate in any forums on his website (if there even are any). Aside from curiosity about possible cross-over posters, I am also always looking for other places to share and read about positive ideas outside the so-called mainstream consumer culture. So, I apologize if this is a repeat topic, but I didn't see it anywhere--where else do y'all hang out, especially anywhere related to simple living ideals?

As for real life, during my many years of lurking, I have lived in several spots, primarily urban. I am now living on a small island in Maine, accessible only by ferry, so it's quite a culture shock. It's a very special place and I had thought there would be lots of people here into "the simple life," but actually so far I haven't found many! Stumbled upon the "new" site a few weeks ago after a long absence, and it was so great to hear people talking on my wavelength. I felt right at home and thought I'd send a shout-out to say thanks for being here!

Mamalatte

julia
8-22-11, 8:29am
I've always wanted to live on an island....

This is a British thread about Old Style living on a money saving website: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33
There's lots of simple livers knocking around there!

Sad Eyed Lady
8-22-11, 9:18am
Welcome - glad you have decided to "come out" instead of just lurking! Hope you enjoy your time here and find some other interesting sites to support you in the simple life.

mamalatte
8-23-11, 8:15pm
Thanks, julia! Love the "Old Style" site--tons of good ideas on there.

Mrs-M
8-28-11, 9:56pm
Originally posted by Mamalatte.
I was curious what other discussion groups or websites people frequent -- I am partially asking because I think that I have seen some of the rather unique names from this forum in some of the other spots I occasionally hang out, and was wondering whether you are the same people.No, not me, this is the only forum I belong to. At any rate, welcome to the boards.