PDA

View Full Version : Reintroducting myself

MamaM
8-29-11, 8:49am
cow-hiHello, I was on the old boards MANY years ago. So much has happened since I last posted (probably about 3 years ago) but the biggest of all has been a few health scares and realizing what life is truly about. My hubby had to have emergency heart surgery and within a month, I completely tore out my ACL in my knee, prompting my own surgery. Coupled with a few smaller health issues, it put things into perspective really quick.

We have moved back home for good and are in the process of looking for jobs. It's been rough but I don't give up and know something will come along soon. We have been spending alot of family time together. I realized dust is dust but spending time watching my son play football or going swimming together is way more important.

I have dabbled in minimalism myself, getting down to just 3 totes of things, including clothes, shoes, jewelry and person items. Since then, I have added some items to the house, as we lived to long with bare and stark and no personality. We are also in the process of starting to look at houses. I just want something comfortable in size that is manageable and would allow me some raised garden beds and a place for my animals to roam and run. We are doing Boxer rescue now, so I would like to find a house with an extra play room with entrance or an outbuilding that is finished so we can foster a few more.

My perspective on life and money has changed a lot. We are currently paying down the last of our debt and will be done in less than 1 year. We are really just learning to enjoy life more and not to take our health for granted. Nothing is a guarantee. I look foward to catching up with y'all and posting myself. Blessings!!!

Float On
8-29-11, 11:07am
Welcome back!

Sissy
8-29-11, 3:31pm
Welcome back, MamaM. Your post is right on and congratulations on getting out of debt. I know that I am seeing things in a different light since the first time I was on the old forum. (2000?) I have grown a lot, learned a lot, aged a bit!, and accept things much more than I ever have. Life is "what it is" to a certain extent and I don't fight it so much now.

I am a slow learner, lol

Sherry

Mrs-M
8-29-11, 4:06pm
Welcome back MamaM! Please visit often!