PDA

View Full Version : Crash Boom! a scary article

Gardenarian
8-31-11, 3:44pm
I totally agree with what he discusses in this article. People will just not act to save the environment - until they start dying...
http://revolutionradio.org/?p=18817

Mrs-M
9-1-11, 12:02am
A scary article indeed. An article that reiterates and reaffirms to me the feeling I've had inside for a very long time. Artificial everything. i.e. Spending, borrowing, people building grand new homes, driving expensive top of the line vehicles. (No one seems to have learned a darn thing from the last dunk the economy took).

Zigzagman
9-1-11, 12:38am
For me this doesn't come at a surprise at all. I think it is pretty obvious that most humans expect some sort of divine intervention or some sort of magic leader to save us from ourselves. I don't agree with the “We tried. We failed.” statement - we have never even tried for the most part just mostly talked about it. I do like the idea of a new economic system (after free-market capitalism is finally accepted as fraud) and a new world focusing less on unlimited consumption, more on personal happiness.

Peace

ApatheticNoMore
9-1-11, 3:16am
really weird article to juxtapose:

"a collapse that may well eliminate billions of people from the planet"
“perfect storm” also signals sell and buy opportunities for savvy investors.

I know that's the way of the world, huh? But it is seldom so blatent stated that that is the way of the world. Mind you it is good that it encourages investing in sustainability. It's just that "2 billion will die, some small percentage of people probably in the first world will have a chance to profit" is seldom so openly stated.