PDA

View Full Version : Best true motivational/inspirational DVDs

cozynana
1-10-11, 9:50am
I am walking on my treadmill this winter and received a dvd Sony DVD player. Soooo I want to watch DVDs and walk at the same time. I am into nonfiction inspirational/ motivational movies. I loved Blind Side, A Beautiful Mind, etc. Please list your favorite.

Kat
1-11-11, 10:13pm
I loved Invincible.

Rogar
1-12-11, 9:24pm
I liked The World's Fastest Indian. It might be a guy's thing, but based on a true story. Also, Something the Lord Made was good.

puglogic
1-14-11, 11:54pm
The Singing Revolution, about Estonia's fight to become a nation again, the revolution in which their only weapon was singing.

cozynana
1-16-11, 9:12am
Kat, Can you tell me what Invincible is about and what year it came out? I did see the Fastest Indian and loved it. I will look for The Singing Revolution. Thanks for the input

Azure
1-16-11, 11:09am
I don't know what year Invincible was made but it's not very old. It stars Mark Wahlberg as a local man who had never played football except with his friend & was given the chance to tryout for the Philadelphia Eagle. Very good movie!

One of my all time favorite movies ever is Cool Runnings. Funny. Inspiring. I cry at the end every single time I watch it. Based on the Jamaican bobsled team going to the winter olympics

The Rookie. About a Texas high school baseball coach who bet his team that if they made the playoffs he would try out for a pro team.

I seem to have a thing for underdog sports movies. LOL

Invictus. Nelson Mandela asks a S. African rugby team to win the World Cup in order to help heal the country.

I also loved Ghandi starring Ben Kingsley.

libby
1-16-11, 12:29pm
-Mr.Hollands Opus
-The Blindside
-Cool Runnings

Anne Lee
1-16-11, 1:17pm
Stand and Deliver about Jaime Escalante teaching in an East LA school

baybay
1-18-11, 3:37pm
I love inspriring stories too!

How about Rudy, the story of a guy who wanted to play football for Notre Dame?

There is also a documentary that was recently on television about the South African rugby team who won the world cup (Invictus is the movie version) that was good. They were underdogs and not expected to win. Sorry, I don't know the name of it.

happystuff
1-22-11, 9:58am
The Cup - subtitled movie about a young buddist's efforts to watch the World Cup (soccer).