PDA

View Full Version : Overcame my clothing challenges

MamaM
9-1-11, 4:18pm
I used to struggle with work clothes because I had too much but nothing went together. Nice things but none the less, not useful. I recently discovered sheath dresses and I now have one in red, one in black and one in charcoal gray. I also have 2 wrap dresses and 2 skirts, which I pair with one of 3 silky tank tops underneath either a gray or black jacket. I have found sticking with charcoal gray, red, navy blue, purple, hot pink, khaki, true white and denim has made my wardrobe my more flexible. I am leaning away from black because I am noticing it it very harsh on me. With the black dress, I always add a scarft or pin or something to brighten in up. Charcoal gray looks best on me and I have to avoid the lighter grays. I also dress more monotone but with lots of texture. I ended up donating a whole tote worth of clothes that were nice but not workable. It makes my life so much easier in the morning. Oh and I only wear silver, turquoise or my pearl jewelry.

shadowmoss
9-1-11, 4:44pm
Having a 'uniform' makes life easier. Mine is short sleeved polos and khaki pants, or things that go with those. Here in Honduras the weather is always warm, so I've sent all my long sleeved shirts back home or donated them. Makes life a lot simpler.

lucy
9-4-11, 11:24pm
I am gradually modifying my wardrobe to black and grey bottoms, black shoes and purple, green, pink or blue tops. Maybe a pair of khaki pants too. I'm gradually giving away my brown pants, shoes and coats. I wear scrubs to work though, so that really simplifies my life in that way. I loooooove scrubs.

Mrs-M
9-7-11, 1:56am
I also like referring to is as a uniform. Definitely makes things much more simplified and fuss-free.