PDA

View Full Version : September Gratitude

puglogic
9-2-11, 6:46pm
I'll start!

Today was a very stressful day, until around 2:00pm when we had a powerful rain storm blow through....which was so strong and so low to the ground that there was literally a rainbow ON MY STREET as I looked up it....a semi-transparent rainbow through which I could see some of my neighbors' houses. Beautiful and magical. Almost like the universe saying, "Hey, don't forget what's really important."

So now things are better.

So glad to have a couple of days where the work phone might not ring!

pug

razz
9-3-11, 4:25pm
Glad to see this thread. DD2 and her DH came for a visit and split wood for the winter supply and reset about 30 concrete slabs that had moved out of position on our walkway making everything look so much better and much safer for walking when the frost heaves them in the winter. They are too heavy for me to move so I am very grateful to them for their help and giving up a scarce long weekend plus some days of holiday to help us out.

The weather has been warm but lovely for this time of year so that we got to enjoy an extended summer on the last long weekend of summer.

We have enjoyed all the harvest of produce with roadside stands offering so much and reasonably priced.

babr
9-3-11, 4:31pm
dh and i are both sick; but want to state how grateful i am to have him as a spouse; we have weathered some big storms and continue as i become ever more challenged with my health; but i know how fortunate i am

Nella
9-3-11, 5:24pm
First: I'm thankful and grateful that I passed my Bible Content Exam yesterday morning. The first of a number of exams on my way to ordination. Second: I'm thankful and grateful that the outside temperature is a full 20, almost 25, degrees cooler today than it's been in several months. Whew!

larknm
9-3-11, 5:37pm
The colors outside this window of DH's flowers.
The kindness of our animals--dogs and parrot.
My awareness of my friends, and theirs of me.
Monsoons now after long dry year in Sangre de Cristo mountains and Santa Fe.

Gardenarian
9-8-11, 4:10pm
So grateful to dh for being such a good daddy!

treehugger
9-8-11, 5:07pm
My new memory foam mattress pad! Since Saturday, I have now had more restful nights of sleep than I have had in the last two years combined. Wow, I actually forgot what it's like to feel rested.

Kara

domestic goddess
9-8-11, 8:25pm
I am very grateful for the current weather. It is cooler than it has been, and the severe storms that were forecast did not materialize.
My granddaughters are back in school and are doing well.
DD and I have had some differences, but none serious, and I am thankful for her tolerance of me.

Jemima
9-8-11, 9:24pm
I'm thankful that I retired on September 3rd. I missed one horrible commute today: http://tinyurl.com/Pennsylvania-flooding

frugalone
9-8-11, 9:33pm
I'm thankful for my husband and friends. And that my house is not in the flood zone right now!

frugal-one
9-9-11, 2:50pm
Today was a glorious day to go garage saling!! Scored on a few items and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine~!

puglogic
9-9-11, 3:08pm
Today we learned that we will be able to move into our new place a few days early, on September 27. I'm really grateful for whatever forces conspired to make that happen....I am really looking forward to the change. It's also a beautiful autumn day, no rain, just cool and lovely. Life is good, even on the hard days.

puglogic
9-16-11, 10:13pm
It has been a truly dismal, saddening day that has rattled my trust in peoples' basic goodness.

But today I choose to remain grateful. For those people in my life who are truly honest and compassionate; for the lovely autumn weather and streams of beautifully angled sunlight; for all I've been blessed to do and be and learn in my time here. Life is still good.

fidgiegirl
9-16-11, 10:16pm
It has been a truly dismal, saddening day that has rattled my trust in peoples' basic goodness.

But today I choose to remain grateful.

So sorry to hear this, but proud of your optimism.

fidgiegirl
9-16-11, 10:18pm
I keep coming back to this . . . really happy for my mental health. So many are suffering with any number of mental illnesses.

Florence
9-17-11, 1:34pm
RAIN!!

We finally got some rain this morning. It wasn't a whole lot but it was some and for that we are grateful.:)

SiouzQ.
9-18-11, 10:59am
So grateful for this site and the participants ~ it helps me on a daily basis to keep me on track, slow down, take care of myself and my surroundings and to notice the tiny details that most of the population out there doesn't seem to care about. Thank you for being here for me!

Gardenarian
9-19-11, 3:59pm
Grateful for my tomatoes! And sunshine!

fidgiegirl
9-19-11, 5:19pm
I echo the rain sentiment!

SiouzQ, agreed!

I am thankful for my DH and for my new job. While I'm still getting used to it, the reduced stress has been a godsend for me. I'll survive the school year, I know it! :) Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Stella
9-21-11, 7:34am
I am grateful that in 2 1/2 months of work Zach was able to make enough to put us back on track for the next eight months until he finishes school.

I am grateful to my Dad for being an extremely generous person in so many ways.

I am grateful that I am really never lonely. Between my beautiful husband, my beautiful children, my dad and all of the friends I see on a regular basis, I have a rich and full life.

I am grateful to my friend who is also my cleaning lady for helping me tackle my bedroom, laundry area, dressing room and craft area yesterday. I worked on laundry last night and enjoyed it. That is a gift.

fidgiegirl
9-21-11, 8:32am
I am grateful that at this time in our lives, we have monetary resources available to us and feel financially secure. I was reminded of this when my dad told me yesterday he had to ask my mom if they had money to put gas in the car to come down and help us out with something. :( We have worked hard to get where we are, but I don't take it for granted because any illness or emergency can take it all away as has happened to so many. Something else to be grateful for - we've had no major illness or emergency!! Isn't it amazing how one thought of gratitude leads to another?

Jemima
9-21-11, 11:20am
I'm thankful for the rainy weather we've been having, which has kept me indoors doing chores that need to be done, instead of dashing outside first thing to do fall gardening. I've been decluttering and am now at that marvelous stage of seeing things a lot more organized. Yes! :D

puglogic
9-21-11, 8:23pm
I'm grateful that yet another month's mortgage and utilities have been paid. I know how precarious our nation's - our world's - financial situation is, and am grateful for every month that passes where I don't have to choose between heat and food.

fidgiegirl
9-24-11, 11:45pm
Jemima - an awesome feeling - one we hope to feel again soon, too :)

Happy tonight for generous friends and for beautiful sunny weather.

SO GLAD we got rain this last week. We really needed it. Here's hoping for more (even though I was JUST grateful for sunny weather :P)

Excited for a 5K tomorrow! Glad to be able to do it.

frugal-one
9-25-11, 1:01pm
Had an awesome, productive time garage saling yesterday! Thankful to be feeling able to go and enjoy the day! Also scored some great finds!

puglogic
9-25-11, 1:32pm
Grateful.......though it is SO much work.......to be moving to another house. It's a great reason to declutter, to keep only the things we love, to give away things that OTHERS may love, and to make a fresh start. And my husband comes home today after several days on the other side of the country :)

fidgiegirl
9-27-11, 10:26pm
Thankful for my consistently high energy level and positive outlook. I think the job change has done me well!

Stella
10-1-11, 11:34pm
A steady flow of baby cheeks to kiss. Exhibits C and D.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/cheyennesmommy/Theboysasbabies.jpg