PDA

View Full Version : Computer saved me hauling this stuff home...

iris lily
9-5-11, 9:53pm
Today was one of those days where everywhere I turned was really good stuff left in the alley.

Due to the efficiency of online communication I did not have to haul it all home. I posted "Curb Alert" notices in the Free section of Craigslist.

One thing was a contemporary chest, I suppose it was an "entertainment center" but it was much much sturdier, and more handsome, than the typical particle board stuff that I usually find in the alley. There it was, sitting nicely, where someone had lovingly tied its door shut so that they would not flop around.

The other thing, a leather couch in my alley, is nicer than the usual faux leather furniture that people throw out. Again, someone had carefully removed it's feet but put them in a bag right by the sofa.

These things were in separate neighborhoods. Good finds today.

JaneV2.0
9-6-11, 11:49am
I get regular reports from friends who have scored big curbside, at neighborhood sales, or in a thrift. It never gets old--congratulations on your new treasures!

jania
9-7-11, 10:02am
You probably made someone very happy Iris lily, both the person trying to get rid of something and the person who saw your post on Craigslist. I think it's nice you took the time to post these "Alerts".