PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'll start it ~ a January Rant!

SiouzQ.
1-10-11, 4:36pm
Grrrrrrrr ~ I seem to have lost my glasses today while out running errands due to carelessness on my part >:( Expensive blended tri-focals they are....not something that I planned on having to replace this year. Meanwhile, I CAN'T SEE! How am I supposed to work on Wednesday on the computer???????? So mad at myself!

Okay, rant over...please, please, please somebody find them and turn them in at Wholefoods. Fingers crossed....

goldensmom
1-10-11, 5:11pm
How did you lose your glasses while you were running errands? Were they not on your face?? I could not put one foot in front of the other without my glasses - blended bi-focals. Time to get a second pair in case of an emergency - like now. Good luck.

iris lily
1-10-11, 6:08pm
I will send out my DH who has a talent for finding things, especially my eyeglasses. He is most gleeful when he finds them on top of my head.

SiouzQ.
1-10-11, 6:27pm
Crisis averted! I found them in one of the most idiotic places! (and yes,, goldensmom, they should have been on my face but I had 'em stuck in the cleavage of my bra as I left Wholefoods).

I found them under the kitchen sink...yep....I found them when I was grabbing a piece of paper towel from underneath the sink to spread Crisco on a baking sheet for biscuits (that in itself is weird ~ I NEVER make biscuits)! Then I remembered putting away a package of light bulbs under there when I got home from errands this morning. Had I not made those biscuits out of the blue, it would have been weeks before I looked there! So I cancelled my emergency eye appointment for tomorrow morning and I don't have to spend about $700 to replace them! Woot!!!! I VOW to be more careful with my belongings!

It kind of reminds me of the time I lost my keys and I found them a day later... in the kitchen sink disposal??!!!!!

Anne Lee
1-10-11, 7:40pm
Well, it's just as well Mr Iris Lily wasn't sent looking for the glasses as the whole cleavage thing could have been VERY awkward.

iris lily
1-10-11, 7:43pm
Well, it's just as well Mr Iris Lily wasn't sent looking for the glasses as the whole cleavage thing could have been VERY awkward.

oh I think he would have liked that search mission.

CathyA
1-10-11, 7:53pm
I'm glad it turned out okay. One time I was talking on my cell phone to my son, and looking all over for my cell phone! My son reminded me that it was next to my ear. :doh:

kally
1-10-11, 8:11pm
maybe you want to order a backup pair from zennioptical.com
my dh has 6 pairs now, they are very inexpensive.

Lainey
1-10-11, 8:35pm
I'm glad it turned out okay. One time I was talking on my cell phone to my son, and looking all over for my cell phone! My son reminded me that it was next to my ear. :doh:

maybe we should start a fun "lost & found" thread...
I just found not one, not two, but three flash-drives in the lining of my purse. They'd been missing for weeks til I felt something bumpy at the bottom of my purse. The lining was torn just enough for them to slip in between the lining and the purse bottom. Some place I'd never thought to look, but am glad I did. Now I have to put all tiny items in a plastic bag before putting them inside my purse - either that, or buy a new one and I'm not ready to do that yet.

redfox
1-10-11, 9:59pm
So glad you found them!!! And yes to the fun L&F thread... Goodness knows it's one of the ways I amuse myself as middle age settles in.

Rant: The EXPENSIVE therapist DH & I were seeing has yet to invoice us correctly. I spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone with her today trying to figure out our bill. (Maybe I should invoice her for my time, as I was at work...)Lady, get a freakin' bookkeeper. We decided to suspend seeing her after 2 months as we just don't need it that badly, and she is expensive even after insurance. Given her poor business practices, there is no way I'm going back.

SiouzQ.
1-13-11, 10:02am
New rant! The glasses I just found after loosing them the other day ~ they just BROKE while I was cleaning the lens! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

CathyA
1-13-11, 10:12am
Did they break or just come disconnected?

peggy
1-14-11, 11:51am
My rant...the cell phone company we no longer use is once again harassing my son about $30 THEY OWE HIM. He doesn't even live here anymore but they send these (bills?) to us because this is where he lived when he canceled this service nearly 2 years ago!
They send these statements saying he "owes" a -30 dollars. This started shortly after he canceled the service. He called them and asked if it didn't actually mean they owed him the $30. They agreed and said, essentially, the check is in the mail. Well, comes the next month and he gets this "bill" again. And the next month and the next, and on and on. It got so ridiculous that after awhile he just told them forget about the money, just take me of your list.
Well, after a while it stopped. For nearly a year, but last month it started again. Same bill! It's like they are saying, "We owe you money and by golly we are going to hound you until we pay!"
It's T-mobile by the way, if anyone is curious.

Second rant: Will this freaking snow ever melt!

Gina
1-14-11, 12:30pm
My rant: Ordered something from ebay -- and more than two weeks after it was 'sent', I have not yet gotten it.

I know there is always a risk buying via ebay, but there was no place else to buy this item.

SiouzQ.
1-14-11, 6:58pm
Oh, they broke all right, right across the nose piece thingy. Very unfixable. I had used the same frames for about three years and they had just deteriorated and then snapped when I was polishing the lenses. So for two days at work I've been trying to get by with a five year old blended bi-focal prescription (I have blended tri-focals). My eyes are strained and my head is about to explode. The new ones won't be ready for a minimum of a week. I have to admit here that I WAS NOT AT ALL FRUGAL getting an emergency eye exam and replacements ordered. I just spent, gulp, $674. I just do not have the time, energy and gumption to go chasing around to various places trying to find the best deal ~ I need them ASAP!

And then to put salt on that wound, I had an emergency car repair today which was $329. What a way to start the new year, already $1,003 in the hole! >:( I used my credit card but can pay the entire balance off from my emergency account set up for this set of ill-timed life crisises. Okay, rant over...at least I HAVE an emergency fund, right?

danna
1-14-11, 10:35pm
How is one to find their glasses when you need your glasses on to find anything?

But, seriously you may want to check your prescription to understand why you are taking them off.
I have the tri focals and the only time I need to take them off to read some labels in the grocery store
but, that isn't the fault of the glasses just the darn labels.... They need to ban red print on black background....

TMC
1-17-11, 4:29pm
Family obligations......we lost an entire weekend to travel out of state, stay in a hotel, eat bad food that cost way too much so that we could spend precisely 1 hour with the "guest of honor". There has to be a better way. I figure that hour cost me $550 or so figuring hotels, food, gas,tolls, dog boarding and proper clothing for the event and not including the gift. We had to take a day off of work and school and arrived home at 2:00 pm and are now running around unpacking, doing laundry just to start our crazy week one day behind and all over. Again, there just has to be a better way. Rant over.

SiouzQ.
1-17-11, 7:32pm
Just say no...

Terri
1-18-11, 5:39am
Weather. After last weeks flooding in Brisbane, most of the consultants are returning tomorrow. Today there was a weather warning today for "severe thunderstorms" including risk of flash flooding and hail. I'm not sure the city can take any more extreme weather events.

Fawn
1-18-11, 7:57am
It kind of reminds me of the time I lost my keys and I found them a day later... in the kitchen sink disposal??!!!!!

You don't perchance have cats?

TMC
1-18-11, 1:18pm
Just say no...

I'm assuming this was for me.......you are not wrong, unfortunately I care too much if people are upset with me, it's a terrible character flaw.....trying to fix that. :)

Stella
1-24-11, 9:00pm
Ugh. I'm in my third trimester, probably don't need to say more than that :) but I'm getting tired of being uncomfortable all the time. I'm tired of doctor's appointments and blood pressure checks and medication and blood sugar logs and heartburn. I feel like an old person. It's worth it, no doubt, but two more months of this sounds....long.

kib
1-24-11, 11:56pm
Have you ever found that your mind filed away an odd little fact that came in handy? A few weeks ago I went to take off a necklace with a cartouche pendant on it only to find to my dismay that the catch had come loose and the chain was hanging empty across my neck. And my mind whispered, "that weird little sound you heard when you were bending over in the garden to fill the watering can? that was your pendant." Sure enough, there it was blended in with the gravel by the hose.

I have no rant today. The taxes I was somehow expecting to create a tumultuous drop in our income graph turned out to be almost $5K returned to us. Checked it three times, it's right. Yowza! (If you want to try something fun, put the "cool" smiley in and then type behind him - he sort of moonwalks across the page. ) :cool:

Wildflower
1-25-11, 3:30am
I'm so tired of winter already. The freezing temperatures, bone chilling wind, ice and snow have worn out their welcome fast. I'm tired of hibernating. Spring, please hurry up!!

citrine
1-27-11, 8:24pm
I am so sick of my Landlady and her idiotic contractor who she has hired to do the snow removal! Our contract says that you are responsible for the driveway, walk, sidewalk, and stairs. Not half a driveway! We have given you 3 chances to get this crap right, obviously you are working with an idiot who does not understand english!
I think I will start giving you 1/3 of the rent from now on to make things a bit even!

cheesemite
2-2-11, 7:15pm
Crisis averted! I found them in one of the most idiotic places! (and yes,, goldensmom, they should have been on my face but I had 'em stuck in the cleavage of my bra as I left Wholefoods).

I found them under the kitchen sink...yep....I found them when I was grabbing a piece of paper towel from underneath the sink to spread Crisco on a baking sheet for biscuits (that in itself is weird ~ I NEVER make biscuits)! Then I remembered putting away a package of light bulbs under there when I got home from errands this morning. Had I not made those biscuits out of the blue, it would have been weeks before I looked there! So I cancelled my emergency eye appointment for tomorrow morning and I don't have to spend about $700 to replace them! Woot!!!! I VOW to be more careful with my belongings!

I got 2 pairs of glasses for this very reason (mine were only about $400 each) because I can always find at least ONE pair. So far.

I try to remember to put them HIGH UP when I take them off so that I may be able to see them without too much bending over--just leaning over the tabletop or book shelf. Also, that way I don't wind up stepping or sitting on them (have done both, though not to the same pair, and not in the same year--I do learn from mistakes).