PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Reading

Florence
9-9-11, 5:35pm
What do you read while you are...er doing other things?

We keep a stack of Birder's World (now BirdWatching) and David Kline's Scratching the Woodchuck. Articles are just long enough.;)

Mrs-M
9-9-11, 11:44pm
I'm one of those non-bathroom reading types. An "in and out" sort of person, or, "all business type". I laugh at this because my mom and dad almost set up shop and make a career out of bathroom time! (Gosh, my mom will have a bird if she reads this entry). And yes, she has been known to drop by and peruse. :laff:

goldensmom
9-10-11, 6:24am
Being a task oriented person I use the bathroom for the intended task only. I'm not a bathroom reader, no magazines or books in our bathrooms. Growing up in a family of 7 with one bathroom, quiet time in the bathroom was not an option. I've been in other peoples bathrooms that could double as a library and almost become constipated because of the sensory overload.

razz
9-10-11, 7:33am
In and out unless I have grabbed our local paper before DH has read it and scan the items that interest me.
I rememeber visiting a friend years ago and was amazed to see a magazine rack in the bathroom loaded with reading items. When i tried to glance at one, it was covered in cobwebs and dust so beware the creatures that dwell in bathrooms! Bathrooms seem to collect the most lint.

Marianne
9-10-11, 9:24am
Being a task oriented person I use the bathroom for the intended task only. I'm not a bathroom reader, no magazines or books in our bathrooms. Growing up in a family of 7 with one bathroom, quiet time in the bathroom was not an option. I've been in other peoples bathrooms that could double as a library and almost become constipated because of the sensory overload.

LOL Ditto!

pinkytoe
9-10-11, 10:01am
Currently, I have an Indian cooking book, a Pottery Barn catalog and a native plant guide. I always keep a stack of reading material under the basket that holds washclothes.

Mrs-M
9-10-11, 4:48pm
Pinkytoe. Just my silly sense of humour coming out, but I had a quiet chuckle over your bathroom reading choices! Especially the first two! Just hit me a funny way.

Florence
9-10-11, 5:43pm
You bathroom non-readers just don't know what you're missing!!! LOL!!!

Rogar
9-10-11, 8:04pm
I think there are some folks out there who need more fiber in their diet:|(. I am rarely indisposed long enough to read.

rosarugosa
9-10-11, 8:08pm
Fine Gardening, Organic Gardening, Horticulture, Old House Journal - it's a wonder we ever come out of there!

Wildflower
9-11-11, 4:56am
I'm never in there long enough to read anything! And have never kept reading material in the bathroom, although I have often seen it in other homes. Never understood the need to sit a spell and read, but I grew up in a home with one bathroom and never had the luxury. It was get in and get out. LOL Maybe some of you need to drink some prune juice or something! ;)

AnneM
9-11-11, 11:57pm
Having two young sons, the only place and time I get to ever read is in the bathroom! I go into the master bathroom and lock the door. There is the inevitable door banging that happens a few minutes in, but I ignore it and it goes away after a few seconds. I can get a good 20 minutes of reading in at least once a day. ;)

The Storyteller
9-16-11, 6:59am
I carry my mobile library in my pocket, so I read pretty much whatever I want.

Florence
9-16-11, 9:21am
Having two young sons, the only place and time I get to ever read is in the bathroom! I go into the master bathroom and lock the door. There is the inevitable door banging that happens a few minutes in, but I ignore it and it goes away after a few seconds. I can get a good 20 minutes of reading in at least once a day. ;)

How well I remember those days!! LOL!!

Greg44
9-16-11, 10:48pm
I think there are some folks out there who need more fiber in their diet:|(. I am rarely indisposed long enough to read.

Ditto! My wife is amazed at how little of time I require to "do my business". I owe it to lots of fiber and no gall badder - I will spare you the details!

goldensmom
9-17-11, 6:35am
Ditto! My wife is amazed at how little of time I require to "do my business". I owe it to lots of fiber and no gall badder - I will spare you the details!

Greg, that is so funny. I know the details and only someone without a gall bladder could truly understand.

Gardenarian
9-19-11, 4:08pm
Since we're homeschooling, I try not to miss any teaching opportunity - and posting things on the bathroom walls really works! Right now we have up a poster of all the different ecosystems in our area, and also a timeline of modern art (dd is going to the Picasso exhibit next week.)

rosebud
9-19-11, 7:49pm
I carry my mobile library in my pocket, so I read pretty much whatever I want.

I also sometimes bring in my Kindle...and play Every Word. I'm addicted to that game.

Also read whatever newspapers and magazines are around. I don't like to read books in the bathroom. No, scratch that, I do read books in the tub...

BTW, loved, loved, loved The Thirteenth Tale. One of my favorite books that year. Did you read the Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton? Not as good, but fun gothic story.

Tradd
9-19-11, 8:25pm
What do you read while you are...er doing other things?

We keep a stack of Birder's World (now BirdWatching) and David Kline's Scratching the Woodchuck. Articles are just long enough.;)

I don't necessarily read - although I might. I sometimes take my iPod Touch or laptop into the bathroom and either play Solitare or surf on the john! :D

Florence
9-20-11, 6:04pm
I don't necessarily read - although I might. I sometimes take my iPod Touch or laptop into the bathroom and either play Solitare or surf on the john! :D

Ha! I never thought of playing Solitaire!! LOL!!