PDA

View Full Version : A tenement with a view

screamingflea
9-14-11, 2:39am
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Frugality. It works either way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOl4vwhwkW8&feature=player_embedded

catherine
9-14-11, 6:37am
That is great! Thanks for sharing it! No poverty of spirit there!

peggy
9-14-11, 8:25am
How very cool! Thanks for posting this.

leslieann
9-14-11, 9:28am
This is GREAT! What a great way to start the morning. Thanks, flea.

jania
9-14-11, 9:45am
Love the ingenuity and resourcefulness people have to make others' lives a little happier. Great film, thanks.

jennipurrr
9-14-11, 9:46am
Thanks for sharing!

iris lily
9-14-11, 9:55am
In an climate where rain is common, I'm not sure I'd cut a hole in a perfectly sound, whole roof. I live with skylights that are a whole lot more sturdy than the bottle version, and I'll tell ya, they are leaky.

Mrs-M
9-14-11, 11:22am
Wow! Amazing! Thanks for this.

JaneV2.0
9-14-11, 1:50pm
Colatube!

I was thrilled to get rid of the dirty, leaky skylights in my garage roof, but I'd guess the bottles, with a small footprint, simple installation, and readily available materials will work much better. And what a difference they make!

KayLR
9-14-11, 1:57pm
Awesome! Do you know what country this is?

loosechickens
9-14-11, 4:46pm
I'm sure these folks aren't all that worried if it leaks a bit.....what a wonderful and novel idea.

One of the things I have loved the most about the years we lived and traveled in Third World countries, has been the inventive ways people everywhere manage to solve problems, usually with few tools and even less money.

Just brightened my day, for sure......I celebrate these small scale, very low cost, ingenious ideas......thanks for posting this.

DarkStar
9-14-11, 6:12pm
That is way cool Thanks for sharing!

fidgiegirl
9-14-11, 8:05pm
Awesome! Do you know what country this is?

I wanna guess: Philippines. Am I right, OP?

gimmethesimplelife
9-15-11, 2:36am
I see things like this, and I feel some hope for the future after all. Thank you so much for posting this and brightening my day! Rob