PDA

View Full Version : "Smurf" -Type House ~ Cute!

SiouzQ.
9-15-11, 10:40am
Someone posted this on my FB page: http://ciracar.com/build-a-house-for-less-than-$5000

SiouzQ.
9-15-11, 10:40am
Ooops! How do you make a link?

Alan
9-15-11, 10:53am
Weird, that link should have worked. It did for me.
I think it was your use of a colon just prior to the url.

http://ciracar.com/build-a-house-for-less-than-$5000

catherine
9-15-11, 11:55am
That is adorable!!! All you need are the blue cone hats!

What's interesting is how the house kind of "moves"--with very few square angles, and taking its cue from the trunks of trees and branches, it feels almost alive--almost like walking into a Van Gogh painting. I'm wondering if you would feel different living in it for that reason? Would it be a positive or negative experience, I wonder?

Thanks for sharing it!

Marianne
9-15-11, 12:59pm
I fell in love with that little house and style of building when I first saw those pictures some years back. It reminded me of a little Hobbit House.

We're so used to living in boxes. Curves are great!

leslieann
9-15-11, 2:16pm
That is so cute. Hobbit house is right!

Sissy
9-15-11, 5:46pm
catherine, you are right! It just seems to be alive. I love it.

Stella
9-15-11, 7:10pm
So cute!

Zoebird
9-17-11, 7:40pm
i've loved this place for years. :) a straw bale house would be awesome, and theres a german family here who built one in town. they'd been living in drafty kiwi homes and were like "enough!" and built a straw bale, simple and beautiful home with a wood burning stove as their primary heat source. it's SO nice to visit there. :)

pony mom
9-17-11, 8:47pm
How cute! It's like something out of The Wind in the Willows.

DarkStar
9-18-11, 6:05am
Adorable! Thanks for sharing.

I've been thinking lately of where I'll live once I'm out of school. I've liked having an apartment - just enough space for me and my stuff. I don't really want another house, not just for me. But I do want land, someplace I can garden and a portion just to keep wild. Something like this, or the cabin in Twelve by Twelve would be perfect for me. Kind of like an apartment with land.

And I like the curves. I've got some corners in the apartment that aren't that useful anyway, because of the layout of the room and the furniture I have. I would think that curves would help you to see the space as a whole, also, instead of compartmentalized into discrete spaces, like living room, kitchen, etc. I should think that would make the space feel bigger than it is.