PDA

View Full Version : Birth Control?

Zigzagman
9-22-11, 7:34pm
I thinking that if all of the projections concerning the population growth are true - and why wouldn't they be? - what is our best hope?

Education, chemical birth control, rejecting religious dogma, ice in your underwear?

I view this as a world-wise issue. We simply do not have the natural resources to deal with not only our present population and our projected growth is down right scary.

Government? Religion? Narcissism? Laziness?

Peace.

Gina
9-22-11, 7:52pm
I suspect there will be no man-made solution. Education and chem birth control would take money, and too few are willing to pay what is necessary to educate the poor. And sadly extreme religion becomes even more pronouced in difficult times.

Man actually is just another facet of nature, and like other species that over-populate areas, with more and more mouths to feed, food will become more and more scarce. As a result there most likely will be massive starvation. Somalia is just a hint of what might happen on a much broader scale. Toss in a bit of climate change and peak oil, resulting in reduced agricultural output ...and the future most likely will be very bleak.

How many more times can we double the earth's population before this happens?

JaneV2.0
9-22-11, 8:12pm
I've heard/read repeatedly that educating and emancipating women will bring down the birth rate. There seems to be some logic to that notion. Eventually, we'll probably have a pandemic or two as the earth tries to re-establish equilibrium.

redfox
9-22-11, 11:39pm
The single biggest influence on family size is the educational level of women.