PDA

View Full Version : Hello (again)

Eggs and Shrubs
9-25-11, 9:46am
Just a brief note to reintroduce myself, after a few months absence, from the UK. Some with long memories may remember me.

Two big things have changed in my life. One bad, one good. Last month my much loved Mother in Law died after a long illness. We cared for her at home until the end. And I have finally, at the ripe old age of 55, fully retired. Money will be tight but as we all know Simple Living need not cost the Earth.

I look forward to making comments in the future and continue to use this forum as a window into a country and people I greatly admire.

cdttmm
9-25-11, 10:37am
Good to have you back, E&S! Sorry to hear about your MIL, but it is nice that you were able to care for her at home until she passed.

iris lily
9-25-11, 12:58pm
Glad to have the Yorkshire perspective. It's one of my favorite places on earth.

fidgiegirl
9-25-11, 3:53pm
Glad you were able to make it back. Condolences on your bad news and congratulations on your good news! Looking forward to hearing more about your retirement!

razz
9-25-11, 4:56pm
Glad to hear from you and my condolences on the passing of your MIL.

Mrs-M
9-26-11, 9:13am
Eggs and Shrubs, I've missed you! So happy to see you back again!!! P.S. Long memory not required in remembering you. You are a great addition to the forum and I feel the forum is a little more complete this morning thanks to you!

P.S. So sorry to hear of your MIL's passing, so happy for you I am over your official retirement status! What a milestone victory! Enjoy! And don't be a stranger.

daisy
9-26-11, 12:03pm
I'm so sorry about your MIL. But welcome back and congratulations on your retirement.